PDA

View Full Version : Federer: Tomorrow Is A Special Day

Conquistador
06-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Tomorrow is a very special day for me. Roger Federer in yet another final. I will be waking up early in anticipation for the big day. It is going to be very special to watch roger play in tomorrows final. WIth everything on the line--tomorrow is Roger's biggest day in his tennis life. Roger is going to hear a lot tonight from the great people of Paris. There is going to be more pressure on Roger to win this championship than any one he's ever been in. Even the first one that he was in. You see, the weight of the world is going to be on roger;s shoulders. History will be whispering in roger's ear the entire night, wondering if or how he will sleep right. Tomorrow is a special day.

DoubleDeuce
06-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Roger has nicer pictures than that :)

Blask
06-06-2009, 03:57 PM
I completely agree. I woke up this morning for the women's final and it was a disappointment in some regards. I hope Roger finally gets the one that's eluded him for so long. Not to jinx it, but I'm really hoping to see the expression on his face when he hits that final winner.

geese_com
06-06-2009, 04:00 PM
I hope Roger Federer puts his demons to rest tomorrow.

Claudius
06-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Thread title is misleading. I hope some people will care to read the post and not go holler, "Federer is arrogant!"

Blinkism
06-06-2009, 04:02 PM
I know a lot of Fed fans didn't expect a day like tommorow, so all the best, but just so I don't jinx him: break a leg, Roger!!

stanfordtennis alum
06-06-2009, 04:03 PM
its a historic one as well

imalil2gangsta4u
06-06-2009, 04:04 PM
I know a lot of Fed fans didn't expect a day like tommorow, so all the best, but just so I don't jinx him: break a leg, Roger!!

Oh boy :twisted:

P_Agony
06-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Tomorrow is a very special day for me. Roger Federer in yet another final. I will be waking up early in anticipation for the big day. It is going to be very special to watch roger play in tomorrows final. WIth everything on the line--tomorrow is Roger's biggest day in his tennis life. Roger is going to hear a lot tonight from the great people of Paris. There is going to be more pressure on Roger to win this championship than any one he's ever been in. Even the first one that he was in. You see, the weight of the world is going to be on roger;s shoulders. History will be whispering in roger's ear the entire night, wondering if or how he will sleep right. Tomorrow is a special day.

Wow, you are an optimistic one. Good for you. :)

But what will you do if Roger losses. It kind of ruind the day...

He better not lose.

icedevil0289
06-06-2009, 04:12 PM
It's so funny how all of us, the fed fans, are so excited or nervous for tomorrow. I'm pretty sure if fed was facing nadal, most of us would just be happy if roger won more than 4 games or just a set.

Claudius
06-06-2009, 04:16 PM
It's so funny how all of us, the fed fans, are so excited or nervous for tomorrow. I'm pretty sure if fed was facing nadal, most of us would just be happy if roger won more than 4 games or just a set.

If Federer faced Nadal and lost 8-6 in the fifth, that would still kill me.

P_Agony
06-06-2009, 04:17 PM

Fed would not have allowed this kind of beating again. Yes, Nadal would have still won, probably in straight sets too, but the sets would have been much closer. Last year Fed was trying to come to the net on pathetic approach shots. He basically asked Nadal to pass him so they can finish the match already. This year in Madrid Fed showed a very different tactic, and it worked.

icedevil0289
06-06-2009, 04:21 PM
If Federer faced Nadal and lost 8-6 in the fifth, that would still kill me.

The fact that roger managed to take two sets off of nadal and make it that close would make me very happy and I would be very proud of him.
Fed would not have allowed this kind of beating again. Yes, Nadal would have still won, probably in straight sets too, but the sets would have been much closer. Last year Fed was trying to come to the net on pathetic approach shots. He basically asked Nadal to pass him so they can finish the match already. This year in Madrid Fed showed a very different tactic, and it worked.

Oh I'm sure it would not have been like last year, but I'm just saying none of us would be this excited/nervous, thinking roger will get no.14. It's just odd. How much as changed from the beginning of the clay season to now.

All-rounder
06-06-2009, 04:22 PM
The question now is that nadal is out and only soderling remains what does he do now?

Does he keep the same come to the net stategy?

Or go toe to toe baseline exchange will soderling?

Richie Rich
06-06-2009, 04:25 PM
I completely agree. I woke up this morning for the women's final and it was a disappointment in some regards. I hope Roger finally gets the one that's eluded him for so long. Not to jinx it, but I'm really hoping to see the expression on his face when he hits that final winner.

well, one of the women was going to choke today, could have easily been kuznetsova. anyway, hope fed gets it tomorrow, but hey - soderling could be the new andres gomez

P_Agony
06-06-2009, 04:26 PM
The question now is that nadal is out and only soderling remains what does he do now?

Does he keep the same come to the net stategy?

Or go toe to toe baseline exchange will soderling?

Like I said in another thread, I think he first needs to dump the floater slice return of serve. Soderling, just like Del Potro, will make some nice winners off of those. He needs to return aggressive returns, even if that means dumping a few in the net. He needs to serve well, and he needs to shorten the points on his serve. Big serve + forehand winner combo always works great for him. Against Del Potro he had too many crappy service games when he lost focused and started making a lot of unforced errors. He can't afford those.

federerdomination
06-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Federer is going to lose. Federer is going to lose. Federer is going to lose. Federer is going to lose. Federer is going to lose. Federer is going to lose. Federer is going to lose. Federer is going to lose.
(to negate all jinxing) :)

All-rounder
06-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Federer is going to lose. Federer is going to lose. Federer is going to lose. Federer is going to lose. Federer is going to lose. Federer is going to lose. Federer is going to lose. Federer is going to lose.
That just makes it worse

Docalex007
06-06-2009, 05:21 PM

Yeah it does make it worse... too much on the losing bit man. :)

Chill with the jinxing bullcrap!!! Jinxing doesn't exist man I've said it enough!

Serendipitous
06-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Yeah it does make it worse... too much on the losing bit man. :)

Chill with the jinxing bullcrap!!! Jinxing doesn't exist man I've said it enough!

+1

10 chars

ElSuegro
06-06-2009, 07:35 PM
This is like the Holy Grail that Roger has been looking for for years. I hope tomorrow is a special day for him, and he finds it.

Rhino
06-07-2009, 01:54 AM
Well tomorrow is now today... 4 hours to go :)

joeri888
06-07-2009, 02:00 AM
Wow, you are an optimistic one. Good for you. :)

But what will you do if Roger losses. It kind of ruind the day...

He better not lose.

The day? What are you talking about.. It would ruin the year;)

At the OP: I think the biggest day of Federer's tennislife was 6th july 2003 and always will be.

jamesblakefan#1
06-07-2009, 02:14 AM
Doesn't Conquistador catch you as the kinda guy who watches every Federer match in his RF jumpsuit on, wears the same outfit Federer wears while watching the match, RF tennis shoes, K-Factor in hand, in a room full of Roger Federer pics, with Mirka cut out and his own face put in instead? I'm not sayin...I'm just saying, there is a such thing as loving a guy TOO much. This could wind up being a John Hinckley situation. :)

Rhino
06-07-2009, 02:29 AM
^^^ oh JamesBlakeFan, leave the poor guy alone, he's just enjoying the occasion... this is a pretty special day, I'm quite excited by this final too.

jamesblakefan#1
06-07-2009, 02:33 AM
Oh it's alright. Nothing personal. Just the guy makes a new Fed thread every day. That's all. He writes soliloquies about the man. :)

truthorbust
06-07-2009, 02:45 AM
hope he will manage to control himself and Sods power and will. my bet is 3-2 Fed. 3 hours long .

Rhino
06-07-2009, 03:53 AM
2 hours to go... :)