PDA

View Full Version : Federer Support thread!

Nadalfan89
06-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Whether you're a Federer fan or a Nadal fan or who ever else, tomorrow is a huge day for tennis. If Roger wins, he will be considered the GOAT because not only will he be tied for first in GS wins, he'll have the career grandslam also.

Whether you like the man or not, you can't deny that he's done wonders for the sport of tennis. His graceful strokes, his classy attitude and his determination to be great can inspire us all.

GO ROGER GO!

P_Agony
06-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Whether you're a Federer fan or a Nadal fan or who ever else, tomorrow is a huge day for tennis. If Roger wins, he will be considered the GOAT because not only will he be tied for first in GS wins, he'll have the career grandslam also.

Whether you like the man or not, you can't deny that he's done wonders for the sport of tennis. His graceful strokes, his classy attitude and his determination to be great can inspire us all.

GO ROGER GO!

That's very classy of you. Great post.

Madhoshi22
06-06-2009, 04:43 PM

I second that

Allez Rog! Allez!

Serendipitous
06-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Nice post!

It's great that we can all appreciate the final regardless of the outcome.

malakas
06-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Auf geht's Rogelio!Du kannst es machen!!!!:D :D

10 more hours!:)

zagor
06-06-2009, 04:45 PM

GO ROGER GO!

Props for making this thread man,athlough I don't care if Fed would be considered GOAT or not it would be amazing to see him win the only slam that it is missing from his collection.

sh@de
06-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Wow OP is another great tennis fan! :)

Let's go Fed!!

hoodjem
06-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Whether you're a Federer fan or a Nadal fan or who ever else, tomorrow is a huge day for tennis. If Roger wins, he will he be tied for first in GS wins, and he'll have the career grandslam also.

GO ROGER GO!I'm both. I like Fed's all-court game, and Nadal's determination.

If Fed wins tomorrow, he will surpass Sampras, but he will not be the GOAT. There are about five or six ahead of him.

Vamos Roger!

MichaelChang
06-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Federer, I have all my support on you in the final. You can do it. GOGOGO Roger!!!

ronalditop
06-06-2009, 06:15 PM

GO ROGER GO!

you are a real tennis fan. Great post.

scraps234
06-06-2009, 06:19 PM
i 2nd it go federer!~

Chopin
06-06-2009, 06:19 PM
I think he'll be GOAT, but some guys in my thread have him outside the top 5--as low as #8 I think. :-)

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=265962

imalil2gangsta4u
06-06-2009, 06:21 PM
you are a real tennis fan. Great post.

I agree. I will feel whatever Federer feels after his match tomorrow. I think anyone will, fan or not. Its tennis history and we get to see it live!

MichaelChang
06-06-2009, 06:31 PM
For the sake of argument I think we should PUT AWAY the GOAT subject. It is a tennis historical moment and it is about the whole man-kind wishing Federer to accomplish the French open title this year. In the final, Federer is not fightly Soderling alone. He has pretty much the whole world on his side. For the goodess of man-kind, he has to pull it off. And he will. GOGOG Roger!!!

ElSuegro
06-06-2009, 06:43 PM
^^^^ I second your motion Michael. The GOAT title is too subjective and just leads to endless, meaningless arguments. Even if Roger wins, he is only tied with Pete, and Pete still leads on weeks at #1. Roger is also tied with Lendl for no. of GS Finals at 19. However, if Federer goes on to break both of those records too, there won't be much of an argument.

Conquistador
06-06-2009, 06:49 PM
^^^^ I second your motion Michael. The GOAT title is too subjective and just leads to endless, meaningless arguments. Even if Roger wins, he is only tied with Pete, and Pete still leads on weeks at #1. Roger is also tied with Lendl for no. of GS Finals at 19. However, if Federer goes on to break both of those records too, there won't be much of an argument.

Slams wins mean everything. Thats why everyone shows up and plays their best game. You are always remembered for the big titles--just like how Tiger will be compared to Jack Nicklaus in golf.

Spider
06-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Yes, I agree with the OP. I am not a big Federer fan but today is indeed an historic moment in tennis history (and it's great I get to see it live). I wish him all the best for that.

vtmike
06-06-2009, 06:52 PM

Agree +1...

KFactor27
06-06-2009, 07:12 PM

GO ROGER GO!

Excellent post you're exactly right!

Nadal_Freak
06-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Vamos Federer. Time to humilate that punk Soderling tomorrow. :D

stormholloway
06-06-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm both. I like Fed's all-court game, and Nadal's determination.

If Fed wins tomorrow, he will surpass Sampras, but he will not be the GOAT. There are about five or six ahead of him.

Vamos Roger!

Who are these five or six? Just curious.

Uthree
06-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Fed has 24 Slams in a row making the semi's or better. Next is McEnroe with 12.
It's gonna be a big night in the ol' town tonight. Go Fed.

Mansewerz
06-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Allez Roger!

norbac
06-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Wawrinka's not gonna like this thread...

Chopin
06-06-2009, 08:19 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=265962&page=4
Guys, don't you know that Federer is "barely top 10." Check out the last page of my thread to learn from some of the TW historians.

theduh
06-06-2009, 08:46 PM

GO ROGER GO!

+1 to OPS! Indeed this will be a historic event that we will all witness. Hopefully Fed can pull this off. Let's go and ride the FedExpress!

topsltennis
06-06-2009, 09:43 PM
HUGE day for tennis. Tremendous pressue on Fed- I hope he pulls it off, I'm so psyched- GO FED!!

AznHylite
06-06-2009, 10:53 PM

GO ROGER GO!

It's great to hear a Nadal fan who truly understands tennis as a whole. I am a Fed fan, but I love Nadal also. That is how tennis should be.

Hueco514
06-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Go Federer! Prove them all wrong! And I agree with the poster above me. Just because you appreciate either Federer or Nadal doesn't mean you should dislike the other. I'm a huge Fed fan but like Nadal all the same.

Defcon
06-06-2009, 10:56 PM
What a great post Nadalfan89, if only there were more like you.

I don't even want to think of the possibility of the unthinkable happening, its a horrible thought.

Go Fed go!!

Leelord337
06-06-2009, 10:57 PM
check the signature ;), i've had it for 3 months now

Mkie7
06-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Vamos Federer. Time to humilate that punk Soderling tomorrow. :D

Wow!!! Never thought I would see a Vamos Federer from you. Nice to see you move to the center. Cheers :)

joeri888
06-06-2009, 11:53 PM
Wawrinka's not gonna like this thread...

Why not?

I'm absolutely going nuts all morning.. I just want to get this over with cos it would be nice if i got to eat something today. I just can't. It's so tense.. I will be absolutely devastated if he loses. I would seriously take that like a car wreck..

Yes I'm a *******, I know:(

@OP: nice thread!

Blinkism
06-07-2009, 12:17 AM
Yeah, c'mon, let's got Federer!

Let's put aside the GOAT talk for a while, people, and enjoy the historical/beautiful tennis!

Dgpsx7
06-07-2009, 12:20 AM
I really can't wait, Go Fed!

DarthMaul
06-07-2009, 12:22 AM

GO ROGER GO!

That makes you a real fan of both Nadal and the sport itself. Classy

Go Roger! Allez Roger! Haide Roger!

P_Agony
06-07-2009, 01:04 AM
Wow!!! Never thought I would see a Vamos Federer from you. Nice to see you move to the center. Cheers :)

It's just a one time thing for him. After the final he's going back to the hatret. He doesn't really want Fed to win, he just wants Soderling to lose. Nonetheless it's nice to see NF post stuff like that.

Ronny
06-07-2009, 03:00 AM
will be staying up to watch this. hopefull fed can win this since rafa lost lol if he doesnt win, i doubt he can win next yr

Rhino
06-07-2009, 03:26 AM
Soderling making it to the final is actually good for this forum because it unites the Nadal fans with the Federer fans - they all want Soderling to lose.