PDA

View Full Version : Best Hard Court shoes for Long Life/Durability/Traction

rk_sports
06-06-2009, 07:11 PM
I was wearing K-Swiss 7.0 and they were great, though a little on the heavy side - but they didn't last long!

So, would like to check with you folks which are the most long lasting shoes on hard courts?

auzzieizm
06-06-2009, 07:14 PM
I am getting a really high level of durability from my current Babolat Team All Court III's. I'm on around 2.5 months and very little signs of wear (4-5x a week playing). As a reference, it was taking me about a month to wear through my favorite shoes: Asics Gel Resolution I's.

[d]ragon
06-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Barricades

TennisNinja
06-06-2009, 09:36 PM
ragon;3526962']Barricades

I second this.

subaru3169
06-06-2009, 10:20 PM
i just bought barricades a couple weeks ago and adidas sure beefed up their shoes than how they were 10+ yrs ago.. i'm gonna assume these will last me much longer than the warranty

TennisNinja
06-06-2009, 10:51 PM
I still burn through the 5's in 3-4 months, but everything else lasts even shorter.

goosala
06-09-2009, 10:04 AM
How about the Nike Ballistec 1.3? They are built tough.

Winners or Errors
06-10-2009, 12:12 PM
I am getting a really high level of durability from my current Babolat Team All Court III's. I'm on around 2.5 months and very little signs of wear (4-5x a week playing). As a reference, it was taking me about a month to wear through my favorite shoes: Asics Gel Resolution I's.

Mine seem to be wearing well also, though I'd put out a small warning. In contrast to the other shoes I've worn recently, Barricade II and Oscillate, there's not a lot of forefoot support and I've found it rather easy to twist and jam the front half of my foot. From the middle back, they're great. As for wear, they're great. I am just worried about the support long-term and may not buy another pair because of it...

1st Seed
06-10-2009, 06:13 PM
NB 1004's awesome for hard courts,cushioning similar to AGR2's,Sole that's built to last plus Ndurance warranty.Lockdown liner inside helps you're foot from any sliding issues.Low to the ground feel.I'll take these to play when I know that I'll be knocking for hours.This was my first NB shoe and I'm very satisfied.Great for wide feet also,only dislike is the shoe is built a little bulky.Not as stealthy as a Vapor or PP2s.These I feel will last me months witch is strange cause I go through sole's for lunch.Pick a pair up you can thank me later.
Take Care.

netman
06-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Any Adidas Barricade.

martini1
06-10-2009, 09:27 PM
ragon;3526962']Barricades

Another vote for B5.

MarrratSafin
06-10-2009, 10:07 PM
And another vote for Barricade V!:)

Tofuspeedstar
06-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Barricade V.

william7gr
06-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Barricade V's are the way to go

hondas2k
06-11-2009, 01:31 PM

very true.

iTennis
06-11-2009, 07:08 PM

'nough said.

Murray_fan1
06-11-2009, 07:14 PM
How about the Nike Ballistec 1.3? They are built tough.

I agree, the best shoes I have ever bought. Excellent durability, comfort etc.

TnTBigman
06-11-2009, 07:24 PM
NB 1004's awesome for hard courts,cushioning similar to AGR2's,Sole that's built to last plus Ndurance warranty.Lockdown liner inside helps you're foot from any sliding issues.Low to the ground feel.I'll take these to play when I know that I'll be knocking for hours.This was my first NB shoe and I'm very satisfied.Great for wide feet also,only dislike is the shoe is built a little bulky.Not as stealthy as a Vapor or PP2s.These I feel will last me months witch is strange cause I go through sole's for lunch.Pick a pair up you can thank me later.
Take Care.

+1

The New Balances are awesome. I used to be a Nike ho. All I'd ever buy/want was Nikes. 3 pair Resolves, 4 pairs Breathe free II, Vapors etc etc. The longest usage I'd get on average was 4 month off the hard courts (8 hrs per week 4.5 NTRP). The Breathe Frees II were the most comfortable Nike tennis shoes I've ever worn. Then I decided to try my pop's NBs he praise so much. They felt roomy at first (we wear the same size), but they were very comfortable, and lasted an average 5-6 months. Went through 2 pairs since 2007. Exceptional shoes, with variable widths to choose from. AND they go on sale. They've made more stylish designs as of late. It's a win win with NB.

jigar
06-30-2009, 03:31 PM
I have tried 2 pairs of pro pulse, 2 pair of Nike Breathe Free Max II but they can't beat barricade when comes to durability.
They sure are more comfortable compare to Barricades.

zapvor
06-30-2009, 04:16 PM
NB and barricades. NB more comfy, barricade more durable

ckledzepplin
06-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Nike 1.3's

jonRF
07-04-2009, 02:50 AM
for me maybe Barricade II or V

plowmanjoe
07-04-2009, 03:04 AM
off topic, but how do those 6 moth warranties work? when you have a hole in your shoe before the 6 months, do you have to send them in first and then they send you new ones? also do the replacements have a 6 month warranty?

netman
07-04-2009, 03:30 AM
off topic, but how do those 6 moth warranties work? when you have a hole in your shoe before the 6 months, do you have to send them in first and then they send you new ones? also do the replacements have a 6 month warranty?

Depends on the vendor. Adidas requires that you send in both shoes. Fila simply had me cut the tongue out of one shoe and send it. Both require the original receipt and a small sum be included to cover S&H back to you. Normally takes 2-3 weeks to get your new pair.

The replacement is only good on one pair. This is clearly stated on the warranty cards. Best way to maximize value is to buy a pair on sale. Say $60-80. Then you get a second pair for free so you end up with 2 pairs at an average cost of $30-40 each.

tomas9848
07-05-2009, 04:24 PM
barricades are good.

miniRafa386
07-05-2009, 05:18 PM
ballistecs

Ken Sortaplay
11-20-2012, 10:50 AM
+1

The New Balances are awesome. I used to be a Nike ho. All I'd ever buy/want was Nikes. 3 pair Resolves, 4 pairs Breathe free II, Vapors etc etc. The longest usage I'd get on average was 4 month off the hard courts (8 hrs per week 4.5 NTRP). The Breathe Frees II were the most comfortable Nike tennis shoes I've ever worn. Then I decided to try my pop's NBs he praise so much. They felt roomy at first (we wear the same size), but they were very comfortable, and lasted an average 5-6 months. Went through 2 pairs since 2007. Exceptional shoes, with variable widths to choose from. AND they go on sale. They've made more stylish designs as of late. It's a win win with NB.

Could you say which New Balance models are you talking about? A post after yours also just mentions NB but no model. I've been wearing NB 600 for some years and they improved my foot condition after a problem with Plantar Fascitis. The wide style fits me too.They did wear out quite quickly though. Usually the heel was worn down in 2 months. Now NB discontinued them. Then I got NB MX407. Since then I've had several different foot problems. There are so many models of Barricade and Bercade. Which ones are the best deal for hard courts and comfort? Also I'd like to know the current model numbers of good NB tennis shoes that last. Thanks for any tips.

NJ1
11-20-2012, 12:13 PM
There are so many models of Barricade and Bercade. Which ones are the best deal for hard courts and comfort? Also I'd like to know the current model numbers of good NB tennis shoes that last. Thanks for any tips.

I'm very tough on my shoes and haven't found anything that holds up for as many hours as the Barricade 7. They are much comfier than the 6 as regards the upper while the joint protection is just as good. The only point of discomfort is the area on the inside of my right ankle but a thin strip of athletic tape cures this rubbing from the ankle collar. They are amazing value at $79, especially if you play enough to get a free pair under the warranty program.

darklore009
11-20-2012, 12:56 PM
barricades or ballistics

NJ1
11-20-2012, 01:12 PM
barricades or ballistics

Barricades, but ballistecs are still good shoes...just not as good as version 2.3

Ken Sortaplay
11-20-2012, 07:38 PM
I ordered a pair of Barricades and will keep my fingers crossed they are wide enough.Thanks for your comments.

loosegroove
11-20-2012, 08:18 PM
The New Balances are not that durable from what I've seen on my dad's shoes. He's over 70, barely moves on the court, and his shoes show signs of wear.

Also, they're discontinued but TW is selling them right now on sale, but the Prince T10's have awesome durability.They're better suited for someone with a narrower foot though.

NJ1
11-21-2012, 09:06 AM
I ordered a pair of Barricades and will keep my fingers crossed they are wide enough.Thanks for your comments.

No probs bud, hopefully the fit works. If it does you'l love them. I have to wear a 12 in Adidas tennis shoes mostly due to width ,whereas an 11.5 works for me in Nike and Asics.

Ken Sortaplay
11-26-2012, 04:05 PM
No probs bud, hopefully the fit works. If it does you'l love them. I have to wear a 12 in Adidas tennis shoes mostly due to width ,whereas an 11.5 works for me in Nike and Asics.

I just got them are they are way too narrow. I even ordered a size larger than I actually am but not even close to being tolerable. I can't understand why they don't make a wide version. Any further tips on NB shoes that hold up well on hard courts are still appreciated.

NJ1
11-26-2012, 05:26 PM
I just got them are they are way too narrow. I even ordered a size larger than I actually am but not even close to being tolerable. I can't understand why they don't make a wide version. Any further tips on NB shoes that hold up well on hard courts are still appreciated.

That sucks bud. I agree they should offer a wide version but the bean counters probably disagree. Good thing is TW have free shipping both ways so all you're out is time. I'm not a New Balance fan so can't help there, maybe the Asics Gel Res 5 will be wider. They make a great shoe.

Edit. This may be the shoe for you. Comes with a 6 mos warranty and is "too wide for narrow feet".

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Babolat_SFX_White_Blue/descpageMSBAB-BMSFXWB.html

Timbo's hopeless slice
11-27-2012, 05:34 PM
CB 4.3s are holding up great so far

only criticism is they fill up with crap on red clay and I am constantly hammering away at them with my racquet!

(I only play at one club that has clay, though, and they are great on HC and artificial grass)