PDA

View Full Version : Maze Cup

baseline08thrasher
06-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Spark any interest?

in my town, going to watch it tommorow!

Looking forward to seeing some of the best juniors play.

BradBaughman
06-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Spark any interest?

in my town, going to watch it tommorow!

Looking forward to seeing some of the best juniors play.

what town what time

SoCal10s
06-06-2009, 09:38 PM
who's representing the 2 teams?

SoCalDominates
06-07-2009, 09:41 AM
"Jim Buck will once again serve as the SCTA Maze Cup captain, with Hank Pfister and Paul Settles assisting him as coaches. Representing the SCTA Maze Cup team will be: Ashley Dai, Lorraine Guillermo & Joanna Smith (Girls 16's); Krista Hardebeck & Sarah Lee (Girls 18's); Marcos Giron, Dennis Mkrtchian and Spencer Simon (Boys 16's); John Huang and Zachary Leslie (Boys 18's). Huang will be making his second Maze Cup appearance for SoCal, while all the other team members are Maze Cup rookies."

SoCalDominates
06-07-2009, 09:41 AM
thats from the SCTA website. Does anyone know where I could find the results from Day 1

SoCal10s
06-07-2009, 09:53 AM
"Jim Buck will once again serve as the SCTA Maze Cup captain, with Hank Pfister and Paul Settles assisting him as coaches. Representing the SCTA Maze Cup team will be: Ashley Dai, Lorraine Guillermo & Joanna Smith (Girls 16's); Krista Hardebeck & Sarah Lee (Girls 18's); Marcos Giron, Dennis Mkrtchian and Spencer Simon (Boys 16's); John Huang and Zachary Leslie (Boys 18's). Huang will be making his second Maze Cup appearance for SoCal, while all the other team members are Maze Cup rookies."

Dennis Mkrtchian and Spencer Simon,same two guys who yelled and curse at the umpire at the Nat'l at Lakewood a few months back.. I guess they'll be a good representative for SoCal bad boys.. and Sarah Lee for the 18s girls? she's only 15 still ,where's all the other 18 year old girls at?

tennislife22
06-07-2009, 01:55 PM

Im pretty sure zach leslie played last year... in 16s though with josh tchan

10isplayer
06-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Thats a pretty strong team. What tournament is this?

10isRocs
06-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Thats a pretty strong team. What tournament is this?

Maze Cup is Nor Cal v So Cal

SoCalDominates
06-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Maze Cup is Nor Cal v So Cal

anyone know who won

tennisgreat755
06-11-2009, 01:22 PM
anyone know who won

http://www.norcal.usta.com/NorCal/Global/News/Jr%20Tournaments/2009/2009_06/2009%20Maze%20cup.aspx

subaru3169
06-11-2009, 03:20 PM
nice, socal won

SoCalDominates
06-11-2009, 04:04 PM
http://www.norcal.usta.com/NorCal/Global/News/Jr%20Tournaments/2009/2009_06/2009%20Maze%20cup.aspx

DOMINATION.

tennisgreat755
06-12-2009, 04:01 PM
any match surprises?

baseline08thrasher
06-12-2009, 08:03 PM
It was pretty good to watch.

Although, I did see a lot of the juniors get over dramatic. Surprising lack of mental toughness it seemed like.

I did not get to see Marcos Giron play though, my friend saw him and said he was a really good mover.

SoCalDominates
06-12-2009, 08:06 PM
jjjjjjjjjjjj

tennisgreat755
06-12-2009, 09:03 PM
of those there from socal i can think of 3 boys with mental toughness problems. In order of how bad they are 1) zach leslie. at kalamazoo 2 years ago he threw his racket into the umpires tent after being up a set and a break and losing. i recently played him and he talks trash while playing and just plays mind games. it works for him tho 2)spencer simon. 3) dennis mkrtchian.. marcos and john huang are solid mentally.

yea thats true... simon got killed but leslie won two matches which were rly easy. So he didnt seem like a jerk cause he had an easy time. I also heard giron was playing rly well and a good mover.

raiderhater
06-13-2009, 02:23 PM
of those there from socal i can think of 3 boys with mental toughness problems. In order of how bad they are 1) zach leslie. at kalamazoo 2 years ago he threw his racket into the umpires tent after being up a set and a break and losing. i recently played him and he talks trash while playing and just plays mind games. it works for him tho 2)spencer simon. 3) dennis mkrtchian.. marcos and john huang are solid mentally.

First of all who are you. When did I play you. I was looking on the internet and came across this thread and think what your saying is ridiculous. To rank me number 1 on mental toughness problems is ridiculous because I am not full of talent like other juniors. I win because of my mind and my mental toughness. You have it completely wrong.

SoCal10s
06-13-2009, 02:43 PM
First of all who are you. When did I play you. I was looking on the internet and came across this thread and think what your saying is ridiculous. To rank me number 1 on mental toughness problems is ridiculous because I am not full of talent like other juniors. I win because of my mind and my mental toughness. You have it completely wrong.

wow.. the one and only.. mental toughness maybe the wrong wording here.. it's more like mental problem,or mentally disturbed or disturber .. I agrre with you on that.. you are quite mentally tough and as you get older,it seems like you're calming down and becoming less of an idiot... but you do, have great skills and great coaching I might add .. I love the way you keep winning... keep up the good work..

raiderhater
06-13-2009, 03:43 PM

Also I did throw my racket at Kalamazoo - very wrong. But it did not land in the umpires tent. I threw it, saw it. It actually only landed in the adjacent court next to me with no match on it. I have also said many things that I wish I could take back but rarely will talk trash so I doubt I did it to you.

SoCalDominates
06-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Also I did throw my racket at Kalamazoo - very wrong. But it did not land in the umpires tent. I threw it, saw it. It actually only landed in the adjacent court next to me with no match on it. I have also said many things that I wish I could take back but rarely will talk trash so I doubt I did it to you.

ok first of all, my apologies for getting kalamazoo wrong. thats just what i heard from another source. secondly, i guess a used the wrong wording. let me start by saying u are the best junior player i have ever played against. i was not criticizing u really. when i ranked u #1 it was off of the 5 ppl at maze cup (hence the title of this thread). i should not of said mental toughness because u are mentally tough but maybe temper or u help me out here.

SoCalDominates
06-13-2009, 05:23 PM

ok first of all as i said originally: however u do it, by throwing ur racket onto another court instead of the umpires tent or whatever, it works. and i disagree i think u have the most talent of any junior ive ever seen. But who am i to criticize u. it obviously works for u and i apologize for calling u out