PDA

View Full Version : Murray twitter starts Roddick mind-games

batz
06-07-2009, 01:40 AM
After twittering yesterday that he would be playing doubles at Queen's with Hewitt:

“Just finished hitting with hewitt on the grass, playing dubs with him this week should be fun, rob needs to chill out.”

Andy Murray cranked up the heat on Queen's number 2 seed by questioning the US number 1's personal hygeine:)

“Anyone seen andy roddicks hats? They have really nice sweat stains on them cause he never washes them and thinks they r lucky.”

jamesblakefan#1
06-07-2009, 01:42 AM
Andy Roddick doesn't take showers??? Is that the point of this thread?

jelle v
06-07-2009, 02:20 AM
So is this the real Murray?

And who is Rob?

:)

seriously...

:-?

:confused:

Rhino
06-07-2009, 02:27 AM

And who is Rob?

Robert Kendrick. Well, are there any other Roberts on the tour? Robert Smeets?

maximo
06-07-2009, 02:31 AM
Rob is the Editor of Andy Murray.com

Muzzafan
06-07-2009, 02:33 AM
ARod has responded:

"hope @andy_murray isn't too ****ed when i see him at the courts today .... but seriously how could i not post that? not a possibility"

batz
06-07-2009, 02:43 AM

And who is Rob?

:)

seriously...

:-?

:confused:

Rob Stewart, Murray's website editor. He needs to 'chill out' as he lost that day's 'forfeit' - a naked ice bath.:twisted:

Cesc Fabregas
06-07-2009, 02:45 AM
Rob Stewart, Murray's website editor. He needs to 'chill out' as he lost that day's 'forfeit' - a naked ice bath.:twisted:

Do you work on Murray's website?

batz
06-07-2009, 02:47 AM
I've just established that it was in fact Roddick who started 'hatwars' when he posted this about Murray:

http://twitpic.com/6r9e2

Murray had clearly lost the forfeit that day - hence training in a pink hat.

batz
06-07-2009, 02:48 AM
Do you work on Murray's website?

LOL :)

No mate. I visit it from time to time but spend much more time on here.

Cesc Fabregas
06-07-2009, 03:04 AM
LOL :)

No mate. I visit it from time to time but spend much more time on here.

I swear someone on here say they work on Murray's website might have been Clydey.

Cloudy
06-07-2009, 03:19 AM
Yup A Rod started hat wars. Nice to see a bit of banter going on.

batz
06-07-2009, 03:19 AM
I swear someone on here say they work on Murray's website might have been Clydey.

clydey works on Murraysworld.com

Cesc Fabregas
06-07-2009, 03:32 AM
clydey works on Murraysworld.com

Yeah thought so thanks.

lawrence
06-07-2009, 03:35 AM
haha, good to know theyre having a bit of fun

Fee
06-07-2009, 01:20 PM
I've just established that it was in fact Roddick who started 'hatwars' when he posted this about Murray:

http://twitpic.com/6r9e2

Murray had clearly lost the forfeit that day - hence training in a pink hat.

Not just a pink hat, a SEQUINED pink hat.

malakas
06-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Not just a pink hat, a SEQUINED pink hat.

haahaha very funny pic!:mrgreen:

It seems Murray likes to make bets with his team all the time!

I see in Roddick's twitter he says that after this he thinks that Fed is the GOAT.:)

malakas
06-08-2009, 03:43 PM
and now here's the answer:
http://i39.tinypic.com/51dbnp.jpg

hhahaha

tennismonster
06-08-2009, 04:31 PM
and now here's the answer:
http://i39.tinypic.com/51dbnp.jpg

hhahaha

lmfao! where did you get this?

malakas
06-08-2009, 04:34 PM
on roddick's twitter.he had first posted a pic of murray practising with it and now because he lost their doubles match,he had to wear it.:mrgreen:

ronalditop
06-08-2009, 04:41 PM
i think roddick always use hats because hes going bold.:)

Fee
06-08-2009, 07:09 PM
i think roddick always use hats because hes going bold.:)

Bald for those of us in the US (took me a while to figure out that others use the word bold instead of bald :) ). I think he might be thinning on top a little, but I think he really uses those hats because he sweats so much, they seem to help a little bit.

OrangeOne
06-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Bald for those of us in the US (took me a while to figure out that others use the word bold instead of bald :) )

Nope, it's 'bald' in the Queen's English too Fee :)

tacou
06-08-2009, 08:57 PM
andy roddick is so the man.

crazylevity
06-08-2009, 11:07 PM
Funny dudes. Glad to see people are keeping it real, in the midst of flame wars going on all around TT.

jamesblakefan#1
06-09-2009, 09:44 PM
delete post...

Feņa14
06-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Murray actually has a wicked sense of humour, people seem to automatically think he's dull but it's not the case.

tennismonster
06-09-2009, 09:50 PM
on roddick's twitter.he had first posted a pic of murray practising with it and now because he lost their doubles match,he had to wear it.:mrgreen:

yeah haha just checked mines. where did he get that hat? i want one! :)

whealben
06-15-2009, 10:20 AM
Murray actually has a wicked sense of humour, people seem to automatically think he's dull but it's not the case.
:) Shhh. Dont you know he's supposed to be an anti-English, brattish no talent who needs to be ****ged off and hated because he's so vile and loathsome? Oh and he plays tennis badly, not like Tim Henman.

:roll: :???: I give up. I've been reading a website here in the UK inhabited by people who think there's 2 tournaments a year, Queens and Wimbledon.I really shouldn't get wound up, but ignorance gets to me.

batz
06-15-2009, 10:44 AM
:) Shhh. Dont you know he's supposed to be an anti-English, brattish no talent who needs to be ****ged off and hated because he's so vile and loathsome? Oh and he plays tennis badly, not like Tim Henman.

:roll: :???: I give up. I've been reading a website here in the UK inhabited by people who think there's 2 tournaments a year, Queens and Wimbledon.I really shouldn't get wound up, but ignorance gets to me.

You have my complete sympathy my friend. If you need to de-bunk the anti-English guuf then Des Kelly's article last year is a good place to start.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-1033143/Des-Kelly-Federer-8217-s-winner-taking-defeat-like-man-son.html

thejoe
06-15-2009, 10:49 AM
Even if Murray was anti-English, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. The guy might not give the greatest interview, but he's improving. Remember, PR stuff takes time to perfect, and Murray has only been in the main spotlight for about 10 months. Cut the boy some slack!

mikeler
06-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Bald for those of us in the US (took me a while to figure out that others use the word bold instead of bald :) ). I think he might be thinning on top a little, but I think he really uses those hats because he sweats so much, they seem to help a little bit.

I have worn a hat for a while now mainly as a sweat band. Unfortunately, lately it also for sun protection. :(

whealben
06-15-2009, 01:33 PM
You have my complete sympathy my friend. If you need to de-bunk the anti-English guuf then Des Kelly's article last year is a good place to start.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-1033143/Des-Kelly-Federer-8217-s-winner-taking-defeat-like-man-son.html

:) Oh dont worry. I first clocked Andy in 2004 when he was still in Spain. I've been a huge fan since and joined Murraysworld before Clydey was even a blip on the membership list*. We got so frustrated at the time of that joke that seems to inform one or two ignoramuses. Seems he will never lose that with people who know sod all about tennis, just get their kicks out of dissing people who have a thousand percent more talent than them.

* :shock: He's going to give me hell for posting that! :p

malakas
06-15-2009, 01:37 PM
oops!!isn't clydey a woman's name??
I thought that Clydey was the Murray version of VamosRafa!A middle-aged woman who got too excited about a tennis player!!

lol

batz
06-15-2009, 01:40 PM
I thought that Clydey was the Murray version of VamosRafa!A middle-aged woman who got too excited about a tennis player!!

lol

I couldbe wrong, but I've a feeling Clydey's name might relate to the river that Glasgow stands upon.

todd03blown
06-15-2009, 01:41 PM
funny stuff, good to see they are having fun with each other!

Clydey2times
06-15-2009, 03:02 PM
:) Oh dont worry. I first clocked Andy in 2004 when he was still in Spain. I've been a huge fan since and joined Murraysworld before Clydey was even a blip on the membership list*. We got so frustrated at the time of that joke that seems to inform one or two ignoramuses. Seems he will never lose that with people who know sod all about tennis, just get their kicks out of dissing people who have a thousand percent more talent than them.

* :shock: He's going to give me hell for posting that! :p

Huh? No idea why you even mentioned me, as though being a member before me somehow counts for something.

Clydey2times
06-15-2009, 03:02 PM

lol

No, I'm a 26-year-old bloke.

What can I say? I'm a passionate fan.

Clydey2times
06-15-2009, 03:05 PM
I couldbe wrong, but I've a feeling Clydey's name might relate to the river that Glasgow stands upon.

My name has a fairly lengthy history.

Basically, when I was in my teens I used to troll Usenet with a girl and we went by the names of Bonnie P and Clyde B. When I started posting on a boxing forum, I had a habit of making double posts because of my connection. One poster started calling me "Clydey Two Times" after the guy in Goodfellas, who always says things twice.

That's the short version.

malakas
06-15-2009, 03:09 PM
My name has a fairly lengthy history.

Basically, when I was in my teens I used to troll Usenet with a girl and we went by the names of Bonnie P and Clyde B. When I started posting on a boxing forum, I had a habit of making double posts because of my connection. One poster started calling me "Clydey Two Times" after the guy in Goodfellas, who always says things twice.

That's the short version.

impressive troll bio!
Congratulations!!You're hired in tw!!!:D

nothing wrong,just my fault.