PDA

View Full Version : has roddick lost power because of his racket???

vegeta SSJ4
06-07-2009, 02:59 AM
back in 2003 and 2004, roddick hit with spin (and also mixed them up with huge flat shots aswell). But the spin shots he hit back then looked alot faster, lower and also penetrated the court too, nowadays, he still hits with spin, but slower and higher, and rarely hits flat shots:( . is this to do with his racket - or is he just hitting more causiosly on purpose.

rod99
06-07-2009, 03:44 AM
he uses the same racket now that he always has. i have no idea why he hits with so much spin now. usually the guys who hit with heavy spin are great movers. roddick is not. he's gone through several different coaches with this new strategy. back in 2003/2004 he had one of the top 3-4 forehands in the world. now i wouldn't put his forehand in the top 10 - 15.

vegeta SSJ4
06-07-2009, 03:50 AM
he uses the same racket now that he always has. i have no idea why he hits with so much spin now. usually the guys who hit with heavy spin are great movers. roddick is not. he's gone through several different coaches with this new strategy. back in 2003/2004 he had one of the top 3-4 forehands in the world. now i wouldn't put his forehand in the top 10 - 15.

no but the string set up might be different

grafselesfan
06-07-2009, 04:36 AM
I dont think so. I just think he got off track when he left Gilbert at the end of 2004. It was the biggest mistake of his career.

tvp900
06-07-2009, 06:28 AM
What about this: His game just evolved that way. Maybe back in 2005 and 2006 when he was focused only on beating Federer, he looked at some Nadal footage and thought the higher bouncing balls with a lot of spin worked on him and so he adapted his game that way. Now he's trying to go back to the way things were with the help of Stefanki, and I think it's working. Roddick's has the fourth highest chance of winning Wimbledon in my opinion.