PDA

View Full Version : Roger Please No Nail Biter

larry10s
06-07-2009, 04:31 AM
:rolleyes:win 6-3 ,6-2, 6-2. i dont want a thrilling match today. get it over with quickly please . the 5 set come from behind victories are too much to bear for my weak heart and stomach ulcers. anyone else feel this way? p.s. im a fed fanif you havent noticed

iriraz
06-07-2009, 04:33 AM
I guess u are not a fan of 12-10 in the fifth set

vegeta SSJ4
06-07-2009, 04:42 AM
what!!!!!!!!!!

the nerves of the fans is what this sport about - if it wasn't, then sports in general would be boring and dull

crawl4
06-07-2009, 04:46 AM
Well I hate the nerves but they are good for entertainment. I couldn't keep my eyes off the Wimbledon final last year.

joeri888
06-07-2009, 04:46 AM
I prefer a boring win as well.. But anything will do over a loss, so.. 12-10 in the fifth is fine, if Roger comes out on top. Even more, I think that would make the moment all the more special. I'm just happy if he wins really. I don't give Soderling little chance to pull the upset.

BorisBeckerFan
06-07-2009, 04:50 AM
Man I hope Fed wins easy but I also love seeing these guys just choke after they get the lead. It's just funny watching them crumble. Fed is feeding on this. It's like he's just waiting for the opponent to choke and then he just elevates his game and finishes strangling them. I love it. After some thought I think I rather see Soderling win the first 2 sets choke and then Fed just feed his confidence off of Soderlings lack of confidence. Keep the chokes coming!!! It's more dramatic that way.

Jay_The_Nomad
06-07-2009, 04:53 AM
I'm a neutral.. and I hope this is a super nail biter right up to the finish.

Soderling needs to win the first two to take this to 5.

vegeta SSJ4
06-07-2009, 04:56 AM
I'm a neutral.. and I hope this is a super nail biter right up to the finish.

Soderling needs to win the first two to take this to 5.

i think if federer goes 2-0 or 2-1 down, he will lose, and for soderling aswell. i feel that the winner will win in 3 or 4 sets - because they are both physically and mentally tired

stormholloway
06-07-2009, 04:56 AM
Long match or not, I want to see both guys play their best. the first few sets from Federer against Del Potro were by far Federer playing his C+ game. It was pitiful. I want to see both players on fire.

icedevil0289
06-07-2009, 04:57 AM
How ever long the match ends up going, I just want to see roger hold that trophy.

vegeta SSJ4
06-07-2009, 04:58 AM
the only concern for federer is that soderling serves much better than JMDP, and federer struggled with his serve a few days ago

BorisBeckerFan
06-07-2009, 05:06 AM
your a *****........i hope federer loses now so you people never chat again

If Fed loses I'll be here hatng on Fed. I'm a fairweather fan. When he's doing well I'm pumped. When he's doing poorly I start calling him a mental midget.
Regardless I'll still be chatting. I hope you stick around for a long time. All kinds of people here to talk about tennis with. I'm not sure what's behind those asteriks but I hope the best for you in life and enjoy the match.

Rhino
06-07-2009, 05:07 AM
It was hard as a Federer fan to watch the Del Potro match at times, but it was exciting. That 2nd set tie-break... whoa.

epicsocks
06-07-2009, 05:08 AM
Gotta remember, Roger's not only playing Soderling...

icedevil0289
06-07-2009, 05:08 AM
If Fed loses I'll be here hatng on Fed. I'm a fairweather fan. When he's doing well I'm pumped. When he's doing poorly I start calling him a mental midget.
Regardless I'll still be chatting. I hope you stick around for a long time. All kinds of people here to talk about tennis with. I'm not sure what's behind those asteriks but I hope the best for you in life and enjoy the match.

Or as I'd like to say a bandwagoner/gloryhunter:)

joeri888
06-07-2009, 05:12 AM

I won't be around to here that stuff during or directly after the match that's for sure. I can't take people swearing to players like they owe them anything.

BorisBeckerFan
06-07-2009, 05:13 AM
Or as I'd like to say a bandwagoner/gloryhunter:)

You got it!!! I think that's why you're one of my fave posters. You call it Like you see it. I would always be upset at Becker and call him names after a loss at Wimbledon but be elated when he won.

BorisBeckerFan
06-07-2009, 05:15 AM
I won't be around to here that stuff during or directly after the match that's for sure. I can't take people swearing to players like they owe them anything.

I don't swear at them or other posters. Since I don't know what's behind the asteriks I won't assume that you do. My mistake I was way off. I thought you were vegeta. My sincere appologies.

icedevil0289
06-07-2009, 05:20 AM
You got it!!! I think that's why you're one of my fave posters. You call it Like you see it. I would always be upset at Becker and call him names after a loss at Wimbledon but be elated when he won.

I don't curse after the match, but mostly during. Afterwards, I'm just usually sad if fed or any other of my favorites lose. I also happen to curse at fed's opponents a lot, but I guess I get too carried away.

endbegin
06-07-2009, 05:36 AM
:rolleyes:win 6-3 ,6-2, 6-2. i dont want a thrilling match today. get it over with quickly please . the 5 set come from behind victories are too much to bear for my weak heart and stomach ulcers. anyone else feel this way? p.s. im a fed fanif you havent noticed

Yes, the scoreline you suggest sounds perfect! No 12-10 in the fifth please.

larry10s
06-07-2009, 05:54 AM
i also most of the time love the drama of the nail biters. last years wimby was probably the best match ever as was the australian open when fed lost and i hung on every stroke. this french open with haass and delpotro the same. evry stroke a biggie. this time lets tie sampras, get the carreer grand slam, remove godzilla off your back, without the cliff hanger. then you can have the pressure can you beat sampras record at wimby , be the next one after borg and rafa to go from clay to grass as champ , what to name the baby, etc.