PDA

View Full Version : I'm pulling for Fed... but

BorisBeckerFan
06-07-2009, 03:34 AM
I'm pulling for Fed to win the FO today. I hope he wins Wimbledon and breaks any Pete Sampras records that he can. I hope he goes on to win more slams after that before he retires. However there's really nothing he can do at this point to make me think he's greater than Pete Sampras. I like Federer more than I like Pete and hope Fed becomes the more accomplished player of the 2 but Pete will always be greater in my mind. It's like if Kobe where to go and surpass Jordan's accomplishments wich I highly doubt, There's nothing Kobe could do to make me think he's greater than Jordan. Does anyone else here like Federer more than Pete but thinks Pete is better or am I the only one? It may sound illogical but I don't always like what I think is best. I like Lambos eventhough I think Ferraris are better. I like Becker and Guga the most but certainly don't think they're the best. So, am I the only one? On the flipside are there any here who like Pete more but think Federer is better?

joeri888
06-07-2009, 03:49 AM
You are entitled to that opinion. Sure, you can feel that. It has a lot to do with age I think. If you grew up watching sampras for instance, or you were in the prime of your tennis following career back then, you'll always admire him most. If you love serve&volley, you'll love him the most. Good for you.

PS Just put it in one of the GOAT-threads next time

BorisBeckerFan
06-07-2009, 03:54 AM
You are entitled to that opinion. Sure, you can feel that. It has a lot to do with age I think. If you grew up watching sampras for instance, or you were in the prime of your tennis following career back then, you'll always admire him most. If you love serve&volley, you'll love him the most. Good for you.

PS Just put it in one of the GOAT-threads next time

Maybe I didn't make it clear. Some how you think I admire Pete more than Fed. Example: I admire Becker more than Fed but don't think he's better than Fed. I don't believe there is a GOAT and if there is we'll never know since we won't know what happens after we're dead and can't blog about it so that's why I didn't put it in one of the many GOAT threads.