PDA

View Full Version : Zagreb and Belgrade

Hankenstein
06-07-2009, 06:37 AM
In the first week of September this year, me and a good friend are going down again to the Balkans to play tennis. We were in Porec , Croatia, last week of April for a week of tennis and will do the same this autumn.

This time we wanna go to a big city though and it would be nice to get some inputs from persons who have visited those 2 cities or any of them.

Either we go to Croatias capital Zagreb or Serbias capital Belgrade.

Which of those 2 cities have normally the best weather in beginning of September? The best tennis (clay) facilities etc..

I think Belgrade is cheaper but im not sure,,

Looking forward for some inputs :)

GnRFan
06-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Hey,

Went to Zagreb in Oct 2006, had an awesome time. I never played any tennis there, but tennis seems to be very popular there so I don't think you would have any problems finding courts. Lol I even seen Goran who was sitting 10 feet away from me with his girlfriend (at the time) and his bodyguard. I didn't even know it was him... I was talking to this chick and she pointed at him and was like yeah that is Goran Ivanisevic... the guy who won Wimbledon in 2001... I was stoked.

Anyways, yeah you go up the streets off of the city center (horse statue) and there are big screen tv's outside the little pubs playing tennis for everyone to watch... Really really cool. I even found a small tennis shop in a little alcove or something off of one of the side streets which was pretty neat.

I think you would have a blast there and the women are top notch too :)

All the Best.