PDA

View Full Version : Where was the French security when Roger needed them?

Radical Shot
06-07-2009, 07:48 AM
Where was the French security when Roger needed them?

That guy came right up to Roger and started getting physical with him!? Has the Seles incident taught tennis nothing? I was surprised to see that even at the change of ends, there was no security as the players sat. At the US Open, there is usually one or two burly men standing guard, but at the French - nothing - even after a violation.

That guy was just lucky that Marat wasn't playing!

myservenow
06-07-2009, 07:55 AM
Even when I saw with my own eyes what was going on, it really took me a few seconds to process the fact that someone was rushing the court. Then, that they were actually placing their hands on Federer.

I know that everyone there was in shock, including security, and it is one of those things that you never expect to have happen (even though it is your job to react if it does happen), but that guy could have carved Federer up if he wanted. It took security that long to make a move.

At worst, the guy could have killed or maimed Federer. Secondly, though not as serious, he could have totally psyched Federer out and changed the course of the match. I believe that was his intention. The Barcelona flag. Spain. Just saying.

tennis_balla
06-07-2009, 07:56 AM
Yea I was surprised it took them that long to notice it and take the guy down although that tackle was awesome to see. I know Roger was a bit shocked during the whole incident, but if a guy got that close to me I'd be taking out his knee caps and shins with my racket. Luckily nothing happen but damn you never know.

thejoe
06-07-2009, 07:56 AM
I thought he was going to be stabbed. The Spanish flag says it all.

myservenow
06-07-2009, 07:57 AM
I meant to add that the person who rushed the court is the reason that waterboarding was invented. I hope the practice was put to good use somewhere in Paris, France, today. If there was any justice, that guy would never be heard of again.

jmverdugo
06-07-2009, 07:57 AM
I think they are trained by the US Secret Service :)

Honestly it was really scary, not funny at all, it could had been worst. Thank God it was only a harmless *******.

cghipp
06-07-2009, 07:58 AM
That guy should never have gotten close enough to Roger to touch him. There is no excuse.

timnz
06-07-2009, 07:59 AM
I just thought when I saw it of Seles. Who knows what that Crazy Man going on the court and touching Federer could have had on him. A weapon of some sort.

I would really like there to be an inquiry into Security at the French. We could have lost our great Champion in that moment.

DownTheLine
06-07-2009, 07:59 AM
Video????????

zagor
06-07-2009, 08:01 AM
I just saw that on Game Set and Mats(I missed the final),pathetic from security and from that raving idiot with a Spanish flag.I never got over Seles getting stabbed,it seemed they learned nothing from that incident.

thejoe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGRx_ze6tao

tonyg11
i would fire and restaff the entire sercurity detail based on that one event.

lawrence
06-07-2009, 08:02 AM
i feel sorry for mirka
she mustve almost had a heart attack when it happened

GuillermoR
06-07-2009, 08:02 AM
It was Nadal_Freak.

NamRanger
06-07-2009, 08:03 AM
That guy was impressive with his athleticism though. Did you see how he hurdled over that lines person and avoided everyone? Geez.

Granted it wasn't funny at all, but it's obvious that guy was no amateur just walking onto the court.

checkmilu
06-07-2009, 08:04 AM
is he Nadal-freak, that guy?

Radical Shot
06-07-2009, 08:05 AM
After watching that video again, it was good to see Pascal Maria get down and make a move. What a chair ump!

jmverdugo
06-07-2009, 08:06 AM
Did you see the umpire, he went down from the chair and was actually running after the @ss, good for him ... that tackle was a good one, at lest a couple of minutes to breath again.

THESEXPISTOL
06-07-2009, 08:06 AM
If i was Federer when he approached me i would hit him as hard is could with my racquet.
Self-defense should mean more to him than good-guy behavior.

checkmilu
06-07-2009, 08:09 AM
yeah, If were Fed, I'd have give him some FH with the edge of the reacket, F*king bastar, it's a shame to the French organiser, not acceptable!

prince
06-07-2009, 08:11 AM

i think it was - they found his bag with a netbook where he still has the tw messageboard on where he was posting while watching the game.

myservenow
06-07-2009, 08:12 AM
The guy taking a run and jumping straight over the net would have been hilarious if it wasn't such a serious moment.

I half expected the guy's heart to explode from the adrenaline rush before he hit the ground on the other side of the net.

How hilarious would it have been if Fed busted the guy over the head with the racquet and knocked him out cold in one shot?

terryansimon
06-07-2009, 08:13 AM
the first thing I thought of was Monica Seles.

the second thing I thought of was Roger Federer raining down pain on the bloke with his racket. I'm amazed Federer actually allowed the bloke to get that close to him without so much as a swing of his racket to try to ward him off.

I'm just saying... if it was me... I would have broken the racket over that said bloke. but that's just me.

NamRanger
06-07-2009, 08:13 AM
The guy taking a run and jumping straight over the net would have been hilarious if it wasn't such a serious moment.

I half expected the guy's heart to explode from the adrenaline rush before he hit the ground on the other side of the net.

How hilarious would it have been if Fed busted the guy over the head with the racquet and knocked him out cold in one shot?

Actually Federer was about to clobber the guy upside the head, but then he saw it was just some idiot.

stormholloway
06-07-2009, 08:15 AM
Spanish fans are some of the worst I've ever seen.

zagor
06-07-2009, 08:16 AM

Don't be ridiculous,NF doesn't deserve half the criticism directed at him.Yeah he doesn't like Fed but he almost never insults posters and gets agressive,yeah he's maybe a Nadal fanatic so what?

AprilFool
Federer smiled at him at first, nice guy that he is. I think he got scared when the guy moved in on him, when it was too late to defend himself.

Fire the security guards.

Kudos to the Pascal.

zagor
Spanish fans are some of the worst I've ever seen.

This incident doesn't pain them in good light that's for sure.

THESEXPISTOL
06-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Well... The luck of these attention *****s that jump into tennis courts is that TW users are not ATP players. Otherwise the next one thinking about invading a tennis event would think twice :lol:

samster
06-07-2009, 08:19 AM
The idiot didn't realize that Fed had a weapon in his right hand--the Wilson K Factor 90.

Serendipitous
06-07-2009, 08:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ7cg-THyGY

THESEXPISTOL
06-07-2009, 08:22 AM
The idiot didn't realize that Fed had a weapon in his right hand--the Wilson K Factor 90.

believe it.. Kevlar is the hardest material in the world..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevlar

TennisNinja
06-07-2009, 08:22 AM
To watch Fed completely unload on the idiot with his racquet wouldve been priceless.

tonyg11
06-07-2009, 08:23 AM
was that Uncle Toni?

FlamEnemY
06-07-2009, 08:24 AM
the first thing I thought of was Monica Seles.

the second thing I thought of was Roger Federer raining down pain on the bloke with his racket. I'm amazed Federer actually allowed the bloke to get that close to him without so much as a swing of his racket to try to ward him off.

I'm just saying... if it was me... I would have broken the racket over that said bloke. but that's just me.

Imagine Federer's forehand on that poor chump's head... Priceless.

vbranis
06-07-2009, 08:25 AM
I was waiting for Borg to jump from the stands, tackle the guy and save the day.

epicsocks
06-07-2009, 08:27 AM
I was waiting for Borg to jump from the stands, tackle the guy and save the day.

LMAO!

But really, once Federer saw that this guy was wearing Swiss clothing, he immediately began rebuilding his mental composure.

Federer_pilon
06-07-2009, 08:30 AM
why did Federer just stand there and let the guy walk up to him? is he stupid or what?

Radical Shot
06-07-2009, 08:30 AM
was that Uncle Toni?

Funny stuff. :)

Mansewerz
06-07-2009, 08:31 AM
I just saw that on Game Set and Mats(I missed the final),pathetic from security and from that raving idiot with a Spanish flag.I never got over Seles getting stabbed,it seemed they learned nothing from that incident.

I almost missed the final (almost didn't want to watch :D), but good thing i did watch it. I watched Federer make history!

dincuss
06-07-2009, 08:32 AM
I myself was scared that he would pull something. As much as Fed isnt liked among these boards, everyone would have missed him.

If it was Safin however, the guy would have been down on the ground if he came within 3 meters of him.

Anyways not funny at all. I dont mind streakers as much because they do it as a joke and dont try anything stupid. This guy kinda blew Fed mental concentration.

Pascal got a lot of respect from me.

That would have been exciting to watch:D

maximo
06-07-2009, 08:34 AM
Fed's a wuss, when the bloke closed in on him he curled in a ball.

Lion King
It was Nadal_Freak.

That's the best post ever!

MichaelChang
Did you see the umpire, he went down from the chair and was actually running after the @ss, good for him ... that tackle was a good one, at lest a couple of minutes to breath again.

Yes, the umpire responded FASTER than the security guys. WTF. What a shame to the securities. What a mess. God bless it was not physical attacks on Federer, otherwise this would have been the worst man-made indicent in sports of all time.

ZPTennis
06-07-2009, 08:35 AM
Did you all see Soderling standing there?

The guy was going for him. And Soderling
had that kind of stance where you could tell
if he had reached him, he would have had a
racquet to the head.

THESEXPISTOL
06-07-2009, 08:36 AM
:lol: just imaginating this situation with Safin instead of Federer...
That would have a totally different outcome :lol:

tahiti
06-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Amazing that this guy got past security but the sad thing is in incidents like this. You can take all precautions but you can never stop a freak incident.

War, Safin!
06-07-2009, 08:38 AM
The Spaniards even go to the extreme of sending on a protestor to upset Federer yet still he carried on to win!

Truly amazing. :)

Mansewerz
06-07-2009, 08:41 AM
Could it have been Mungo? I mean, isn't Mungo wearing a hat in his avatar?

By the way, it was Jimmy jump.

Jay_The_Nomad
06-07-2009, 08:45 AM
If i was Federer when he approached me i would hit him as hard is could with my racquet.
Self-defense should mean more to him than good-guy behavior.

Federer will get charged with assault.

MichaelChang
06-07-2009, 08:46 AM
By the way, it was Jimmy jump.

This dude should be considered a "terrorist" for all sports events. He should not be allowed to enter any sports stadium etc.

THESEXPISTOL
06-07-2009, 08:50 AM

Oh yeah... A guy cames to me during a sports event where is supposed that he stays in the stands with spanish flag.. Did you think that i would care about charges of assault? I would kick is *** off.. I guess that in that case it would be self defense since everyone would identifie the invador has a iminent threat.

just my two cents..
i don't know french laws but i know common sense

defrule
06-07-2009, 08:50 AM
Would have been perfect advertise the beauty of [K]Factor, it is solid and strong you can use it as a weapon.

dincuss
06-07-2009, 08:53 AM

I'd rather get charged with assault and not die.

shawn1122
06-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Fed's a wuss, when the bloke closed in on him he curled in a ball.

Are you stupid? The guy ran on, he stopped and started to wave the flag and Federer let his guard down and started walking to the side and thats when this guy moved in. I'm sure you'd be completely prepared for this situation too. Dumbass.

tonyg11
06-07-2009, 09:00 AM

umm no. Police would never lay charges based on the fact that his life was in danger. The fact that nothing happened was just "lucky"

Even if he did get charged no jury in the world would convict him.

Dgpsx7
06-07-2009, 09:00 AM
It took me a couple second to process as well and when I realized what was happening I really couldn't believe it. The tackle was nice but I would have enjoyed a beatdown to go with it as well. That guy could have easily stabbed Fed there really would be nothing stopping him. Its good the guy wasn't violent but he still deserves a beatdown..

Docalex007
06-07-2009, 09:01 AM

In case you didn't see it happen... Federer clearly had a very good look at this guy and that both of his hands were holding a flag so he immediately recognized the threat to his life was not there... just some crazy flag bearing nut.

Dgpsx7
06-07-2009, 09:02 AM
Federer did the smartest thing possible though because if he hit the guy or anything else he would risk hurting himself in one of the most important matches ever.

Docalex007
06-07-2009, 09:03 AM
It took me a couple second to process as well and when I realized what was happening I really couldn't believe it. The tackle was nice but I would have enjoyed a beatdown to go with it as well. That guy could have easily stabbed Fed there really would be nothing stopping him. Its good the guy wasn't violent but he still deserves a beatdown..

Not as easily as you think. Federer had a really good look at the guy first. If he had nothing in his hands (meaning he could have easily pulled something out at the last second) or he had a knife... Fed would have defended himself with his racquet.

vndesu
06-07-2009, 09:07 AM
federer should have falcon punch that guy rofl

checkmilu
06-07-2009, 09:16 AM
guys, look at this photo, the guy just want to put a red hat on Fed, his shocks have Swiss flag, he is maybe a Fed fan, but still it's not acceptable in term of security management of a tour like this
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/gallery/im:urn:newsml:sports.yahoo,getty:20050301:ten,phot o,df4234a65dbcb7cd80eb5e6674f2f2d3-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros:1#photoViewer=urn%3Anewsml%3Asports.yahoo%2 Cgetty%3A20050301%3Aten%2Cphoto%2C50d3ad9339021a3a 400c40acea79b70c-getty-86151683jd148_2009_french_o%3A1

roysid
06-07-2009, 09:34 AM
Did you know that Roger had temper problem in early years. Even sometimes when he loses temper (like 2007 Wimbledon) he is really agressive.

Top Tennis players concentrate hard during matches. Very few(like Safin) would be agressive and give a dose.

samster
06-07-2009, 09:38 AM
Additional photo has surfaced:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2hqyq9g.jpg

RoddickRook
06-07-2009, 09:41 AM
If that happened to me while I was playing on court and somebody jumped out, I would've gotten my racquet ready to beat the sh*t out of the guy, no questions asked.

mrw
06-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Shades of the Monica Seles incident. Thankfully it turned out alright.

MichaelChang
06-07-2009, 09:52 AM
If that happened to me while I was playing on court and somebody jumped out, I would've gotten my racquet ready to beat the sh*t out of the guy, no questions asked.

I am pretty sure Roddick will do that. No questions asked.

MichaelChang
06-07-2009, 09:53 AM

lol ver nice.:)
thought n_f and mungo are also sponsors lol.

vbranis
06-07-2009, 09:54 AM

The guy was obviously gj011

samster
06-07-2009, 09:54 AM

they are on the front of the red T-shirt.

Docalex007
06-07-2009, 09:58 AM

Aren't you just civilized.

Fedace
06-07-2009, 09:59 AM
French has no Security or Army for that matter...

sureshs
06-07-2009, 10:06 AM
I would have preferred a streaker.

Docalex007
06-07-2009, 10:08 AM
French has no Security or Army for that matter...

Hmmm...

http://patdollard.com/wp-content/uploads/french-soldiers_793165c.jpg

Look French to me.

sureshs
06-07-2009, 10:11 AM
These things happen. No point getting paranoid about such things and living in fear or creating a military state. Learn to deal with it without imagining the worst that is thrust down your throats every day by the media about some incident in some remote part of the world. Be free of fear.

sureshs
06-07-2009, 10:12 AM

The guy has better footwork than Federer.

RoddickRook
06-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Or if I was the other play on the other end, I would've been the first to tackle the guy lol.

Fate Archer
06-07-2009, 10:25 AM
Where did you guys see Federer being ready to club the guy before realising he was not a threat? I couldn't see that in the videos posted, and I saw the same images when I was watching the match.
Is there another tape, showing a different angle, or where you in the center court today?

I know that Federer is a really perceptive athlete and surely would know how to defend himself in that sad situation (shame on the security for allowing that), but is there an image or a scene showing Federer's first reaction?

Brave act from Pascal as well. He certainly deserved that umpire trophy which was given to him in the awards ceremony.

Serendipitous
06-07-2009, 10:35 AM
I hope nothing like this ever happens again......especially at a grand slam.....for a split second Roger was freaked out.....until he realized that the guy wasn't going to attack him with a flag.

maximo
06-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Does anyone realise how easy it is for someone get on the court?

He could have easily carried a knife...

icedevil0289
06-07-2009, 10:42 AM
This is what roger had to say on the incident:

"First, I didn't know exactly what happened. All of a sudden I heard the crowd, and I looked over and he jumped over the fence or something. That gave me a fright, just like seeing him so close right away.The good thing is like it happened before, you know, so that's why I guess I didn't panic. It happened in Wimbledon before when two guys ran out on the court, and once I think it was in Montreal when I lost to Roddick when I was playing for my No. 1 ranking in the third set.So it wasn't the first time. Normally they always kind of look at me and go, I'm so sorry I have to do this, because they have some sort of a reason for it, you know. (Laughter.)I remember the English guy was actually quite funny. He looked at me and goes, I'm so sorry I have to do this. I was like, Okay, just don't touch me, you know.This guy, I don't know, he looked at me and I was not sure what he wanted. It seemed like he wanted to give me something. So I was actually okay,because I saw he wasn't pulling for anything stupid.It definitely felt uncomfortable once he came close to me. Looking back, it definitely threw me out of my rhythm a little bit. One game later It thought that maybe I should have sat down and taken a minute or two to kind of reflect on what just happened. Was that real or what? But I don't know. I mean, I wanted to play on and whatever, get over it. But it was a touch scary, yes."

haha.

BTURNER
06-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Some folks need to be grilled fired. No excuse for an athlete to have this worry at the RG final. To think they paid a pretty penny for that quality of security. Fed not only had a weapon, he probably moves faster and more agile. No need for him to be to pound this guy. He handled it well. And played on with his aplomb.

JohnS
06-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Good thing nothing serious came out of it...

But... What federer did was a no-no. After the guy had stood in the court and waved his flag around, Federer SHOULD NOT HAVE LOOKED AWAY AND TURNED HIS BACK. That guy could have pulled a weapon from his pockets or back and harm Federer, and he would not have been ready.

If it were the US Open, Wimbledon, or Australian open, security would have taken awhile to react too because of the sudden surprise. How long did it take for security to catch the naked guy at wimby and french?

Also, kudos to Pascal.

jmverdugo
06-07-2009, 10:50 AM
it seems that he wanted to put on Federer a Matador hat.

rfedererfan
06-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Tennis is supposed to be one of the most calm and peaceful sports in my opinion and that's the reason why there is a weak security organization even at a Grand Slam Tournament. I must admit that for a moment i got pretty scared about Roger cause who knows what kind of freak might jump out of nowhere and pull a Monica Seles case off (Thank God she recovered eventually) :-?

DoubleDeuce
06-07-2009, 11:00 AM
I thought that would traumatize Roger and he would under perform, thanks god didnt happen

alcap26
06-07-2009, 11:09 AM
Roger should have used his racquet as proection. A racquet to the jaw and that jerk would be eating through a straw for a while.

jetlee2k
06-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Roger should have used his racquet as proection. A racquet to the jaw and that jerk would be eating through a straw for a while.

Thank GOD he did not do that.. If he reacted anything differ than he did, he probably lost the match.. An act of violence would shake his mental ability much harder so he kept his cool and played on.. It's easier said than do it.. If it's in my position, I am playing for a single final tourney and some idiot dance on my court, the racket would go right in the head.. !! it's just scary..

vtmike
06-07-2009, 12:18 PM
This is what roger had to say on the incident:

"First, I didn't know exactly what happened. All of a sudden I heard the crowd, and I looked over and he jumped over the fence or something. That gave me a fright, just like seeing him so close right away.The good thing is like it happened before, you know, so that's why I guess I didn't panic. It happened in Wimbledon before when two guys ran out on the court, and once I think it was in Montreal when I lost to Roddick when I was playing for my No. 1 ranking in the third set.So it wasn't the first time. Normally they always kind of look at me and go, I'm so sorry I have to do this, because they have some sort of a reason for it, you know. (Laughter.)I remember the English guy was actually quite funny. He looked at me and goes, I'm so sorry I have to do this. I was like, Okay, just don't touch me, you know.This guy, I don't know, he looked at me and I was not sure what he wanted. It seemed like he wanted to give me something. So I was actually okay,because I saw he wasn't pulling for anything stupid.It definitely felt uncomfortable once he came close to me. Looking back, it definitely threw me out of my rhythm a little bit. One game later It thought that maybe I should have sat down and taken a minute or two to kind of reflect on what just happened. Was that real or what? But I don't know. I mean, I wanted to play on and whatever, get over it. But it was a touch scary, yes."

haha.

Here's a video of that bit from his interview,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGteuZzh0cg

sliceroni
06-07-2009, 12:23 PM
I agree, that guy should not of had the opportunity to have come so close to him and on top of that enough time to put a hat on him. French security should've sprinted out there and tackled him as soon as he came over the first row. Oh well something to fix for next year and yeah Fed handled it as he handles most things in his life, the right way.

timnz
06-07-2009, 12:50 PM
I was looking at photos of the incident this morning. He was extremely close in distance to Federer. If he had been a crazy like the guy who attached Seles - well we could have had a huge disaster on our hands.

I would really like to hear that there is going to be an inquiry into Security.

I was stunned at how slow the security guards were to get on court.

rogerfederer26
06-07-2009, 01:06 PM
Where was the French security when Roger needed them?

That guy came right up to Roger and started getting physical with him!? Has the Seles incident taught tennis nothing? I was surprised to see that even at the change of ends, there was no security as the players sat. At the US Open, there is usually one or two burly men standing guard, but at the French - nothing - even after a violation.

That guy was just lucky that Marat wasn't playing!

What an open invitation for any lunatic clown to do whatever he wants. There are already instances in not just sports but in every worthwhile activity where opponents have resorted to the most outlandish tactics to win. I think it's really up to the players’ council to now take this up aggressively to protect themselves. The ATP and WTA clowns have made it quite clear that they are not moving on it on their own.

After the Monica Seles horrifying stabbing incident in 1993, you’d think security at these events would be higher and also that the response to any intrusion would be more immediate and forceful.

slicefox
06-07-2009, 01:45 PM
LMFAO you guys are a bunch of pussies if you think you'd beat him with your Racquet if you were Fed.

Weak. I would have dropped the racquet and Mike Tyson'd his *** down.

CCNM
06-07-2009, 02:09 PM
If this guy wants to pull stunts like that he should look for a job as a mascot for a local team.

Annika
06-07-2009, 02:15 PM
I couldn't believe he had so much time that he actually jumped over the net well before only one security person nailed him. Where were all the others; were they afraid of him? Despicable reaction from the so-called Security. :evil:

Radical Shot
06-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Here's a video of that bit from his interview,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGteuZzh0cg

Look at the reactions of the photographers as that guy jumped past them. Those guys don't miss a beat.

Federer_pilon
06-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Are you stupid? The guy ran on, he stopped and started to wave the flag and Federer let his guard down and started walking to the side and thats when this guy moved in. I'm sure you'd be completely prepared for this situation too. Dumbass.

the point is ...why was he casually walking to the other side? why did he even allow the guy to touch him?

AprilFool
06-07-2009, 03:55 PM
the point is ...why was he casually walking to the other side? why did he even allow the guy to touch him?

He was actually amused at the start of it, having seen this type of thing before. But the guy moved in very rapidly after that. The element of surprise.

Aykhan Mammadov
06-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Even when I saw with my own eyes what was going on, it really took me a few seconds to process the fact that someone was rushing the court. Then, that they were actually placing their hands on Federer.

I know that everyone there was in shock, including security, and it is one of those things that you never expect to have happen (even though it is your job to react if it does happen), but that guy could have carved Federer up if he wanted. It took security that long to make a move.

At worst, the guy could have killed or maimed Federer. Secondly, though not as serious, he could have totally psyched Federer out and changed the course of the match. I believe that was his intention. The Barcelona flag. Spain. Just saying.

Was that man Nadals fan? If YES, then shame to Nadals fans !!! Even if not to heart but the man could make him nervous and lose the match. Couldn't ?

dincuss
06-07-2009, 05:38 PM
Was that man Nadals fan? If YES, then shame to Nadals fans !!! Even if not to heart but the man could make him nervous and lose the match. Couldn't ?

No It wasnt a *******. It was jimmy jump, hes known for these kinds of things.

Ronny
06-07-2009, 05:42 PM
I thought he was going to be stabbed. The Spanish flag says it all.

was barcelona flag....

Chelsea_Kiwi
06-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Don't know why you guys are so worried. I was not because I know he can deal with people who try to attack him. Just like this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lant-ZDYjtg

Ronny
06-07-2009, 05:48 PM
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=822896
he wasnt trying to hurt fed, he was a fed supporter, not spanish supporter as many of u idiots have said.....he was trying to 'represent' dethrone of rafa at FO

penang
06-07-2009, 05:57 PM
After watching that video again, it was good to see Pascal Maria get down and make a move. What a chair ump!

I have a lot of respect for Pascal Maria who have the courage to make a move before the security got into it and even Jimmy Jump got away from few guards, Pascal was about to make another charge to stop him at the net.

EPaps
06-07-2009, 06:02 PM

Didn't notice that until you mentioned it.

I actually thought it was a ball boy with a towel for some reason because the announcers on NBC were talking about how it was starting to rain pretty heavy. No idea why I thought that lol.

ClarkC
06-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Would have been perfect advertise the beauty of [K]Factor, it is solid and strong you can use it as a weapon.

I would prefer my old Wilson T5000 steel frame. I can picture someone running out at Jimmy Connors when he had his old T2000 with the lead tape on the steel. I think it was the heaviest frame ever used.

Bhagi Katbamna
06-07-2009, 06:46 PM
"Where was the French security when Roger needed them?

They were trying to re-establish their full military capacity after their white flag factory burned down. :lol:

Serendipitous
06-07-2009, 06:51 PM
"Where was the French security when Roger needed them?"

They were witnessing history. :)

nextfederer
06-07-2009, 06:54 PM
it was the most interesting part of the match :P

Serendipitous
06-07-2009, 06:56 PM
it was the most interesting part of the match :P

Sadly, I have to agree. :(

There was no drama in the final.....none whatsoever.

ramseszerg
06-07-2009, 07:29 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Jump

Jay_The_Nomad
06-07-2009, 08:46 PM
umm no. Police would never lay charges based on the fact that his life was in danger. The fact that nothing happened was just "lucky"

Even if he did get charged no jury in the world would convict him.

Yes. I'm sure judges are aware of the Monica Seles incident.

But a court will not deem it reasonable for a person (even in Federer's rather unique circumstance) to start hacking viciously at a guy who approaches him. Hacking the guy outright is a little drastic.

NamRanger
06-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Yes. I'm sure judges are aware of the Monica Seles incident.

But a court will not deem it reasonable for a person (even in Federer's rather unique circumstance) to start hacking viciously at a guy who approaches him. Hacking the guy outright is a little drastic.

We never said hack viciously, but if Federer took a swing at the guys legs, I don't think anyone in the world would say what he did was wrong.

Also, they would never convict him simply because under Federer's circumstances, an unknown person that could be concealing a weapon is rapidly approaching you. What do you do? Self defense of course. Obviously don't beat him into a bloody pulp, but a whack at a knee or a leg isn't going to land Federer in jail or have him lose money.

BreakPoint
06-07-2009, 09:25 PM
It almost did. Federer was absolutely on fire prior to the incident and cooled of considerably afterwards. He was winning lots of points off of Soderling's serve and hardly losing any on his own prior to the incident but then lost that game at love and the match got a lot closer after the incident. If Federer had ended up losing the match due to this incident I think the crowd would have turned into a mob and castrated that doofus.

BreakPoint
06-07-2009, 09:33 PM
believe it.. Kevlar is the hardest material in the world..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevlar
Kevlar is also bulletproof. It's what they make bulletproof vests out of. So if the guy pulled out a gun, Federer could have deflected the bullets with his K-Six-One Tour. We all know how fast he can swing that racquet. :)

BreakPoint
06-07-2009, 09:37 PM
But what if Federer seriously injures the guy and he sues Federer for all the money he's got? And he's got A LOT of money.

tom_asdelonge182
06-08-2009, 02:13 AM
this is the aussie way of dealing with this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTWOk6slU_Y

Ratsoup
06-08-2009, 02:59 AM
I visited the first week of Roland Garros and I must say that se security was awful. One day I got into the area with out showing my ticket, because the officer to check the tickets where like: "Ohh there's so many of you, just go along, get in". After the ticket "checking" there was a cool black security guy who checked the bags, but didn't really commit to it. He checked my backpack that was full of stuff from the supermarket, so he couldn't clearly see to the bottom and asked if I had any Whiskey. I replied no, and he laughed and let me in. The next day I didn't even show him my bag, said I had no whiskey and got in.
I mean yeah, I don't look like a guy who would look like a Federer stabber (actually I'm a great fan) but the idea of the security is to check everyone and make no exceptions. As much as I could saw, no ones bags where properly checked. And believe me I know what I'm talking about, I've worked as a security guard. You've got more security in Estonia in local league basketball matches then at FO.

tomtom1
06-08-2009, 05:57 AM
Jimmy Jump seems to be a serial pest, kind of like Peter Hore in Australia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2p62Ha5C7Q

3:41 looks like he tried to put a hat on Moya as well, who just stood there
Also note the delayed security response

Stinkdyr
06-08-2009, 06:30 AM
Yep, you just know that Marat would have taken a massive backswing and Safinated that chump!

sureshs
06-08-2009, 06:37 AM
Read the latest news. The guy is a Federer supporter, and the Barcelona flag was meant to be anti-Nadal (who is a Real Madrid fan).

I think the guy was sponsored by Drakulie and Breakpoint who wanted Fed to switch to a bigger racquet.

origmarm
06-08-2009, 07:01 AM
I still remember when this blight on humanity grabbed Lima in the 2004 Olympic Marathon, cost him the gold medal. Imagine training all your life for something and having it destroyed by someone like that.
Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx1TDFV5Vhk

It's disgraceful this chap got to Fed, even Maria was faster than security. The Seles incident was the first thing I thought of when I saw that man run on the pitch. It's a disgrace.

CCNM
06-08-2009, 08:48 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Jump

this guy's a real estate agent???? Okay......