PDA

View Full Version : Thank God the clay court season is OVER!

tonyg11
06-07-2009, 08:32 AM
This monstrosity lasts way to long. ½ of the year is clay. Grass isn’t that much better. Another month and we’ll finally be into real tennis on what should be the only surface tennis is played on. The Hard Court! Who’s with me?

DarthFed
06-07-2009, 08:33 AM
You ever heard of Lawn Tennis? i suggest you look up the roots of this sport before you spout Nonsense

THESEXPISTOL
06-07-2009, 08:33 AM
GRASS is better...

rosenstar
06-07-2009, 08:34 AM
This monstrosity lasts way to long. ½ of the year is clay. Grass isn’t that much better. Another month and we’ll finally be into real tennis on what should be the only surface tennis is played on. The Hard Court! Who’s with me?

disagree. I'd like to see a third of the season played on hard courts, a third on fast grass, and a third on slow clay. I'd also like to see the surfaces polarized as much as possible, so no two slams play alike.

tonyg11
06-07-2009, 08:35 AM
You ever heard of Lawn Tennis? i suggest you look up the roots of this sport before you spout Nonsense

what does that have to do with anything? Basketball started out using a peach basket. You think they should still use that for a net?

tonyg11
06-07-2009, 08:37 AM
The best tennis is always on a hard-court because you get to see all aspects of the game. Aggressive all court tennis. Baseline play, net play, point construction. It lets you play tennis to it's fullest. It doesn't handicap certain aspects of the game due to it's surface characteristics.

North
06-07-2009, 08:39 AM
Sorry. Not with the OP on this. Be nice to see the clay court season shrunk to the length of the current grass court season and the grass court season expanded to the length of the current clay court season. Never happen, but it's a nice dream, sigh...

fps
06-07-2009, 08:45 AM
nope.

there should be a bit more grass, a bit less clay, that's all.

Dutch-Guy
06-07-2009, 08:51 AM
This monstrosity lasts way to long. ½ of the year is clay.
Clay season started in early april with Houston 250 and ended today with RG.Just 2.5 month.

Grass isn’t that much better.
Grass season the shortest.They should add at least 2 tourneys imo.
Another month and we’ll finally be into real tennis on what should be the only surface tennis is played on. The Hard Court! Who’s with me?
HC is the longest:has 2 slams,5 MS and 1 TMC.Too long for me.

EtePras
06-07-2009, 08:53 AM
The OP has 011 in his name. End of thread.

tonyg11
06-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Clay season started in early april with Houston 250 and ended today with RG.Just 2.5 month.

Grass season the shortest.They should add at least 2 tourneys imo.

HC is the longest:has 2 slams,5 MS and 1 TMC.Too long for me.

What i ment about Grass is that i could without the surface. Not it's season length. I exagerated about the length of the clay court season becasue it feels like an eternity. There's just nothing bad to say about hard court tennis

paterson
06-07-2009, 09:08 AM
Agree 100%. Besides the Federer and Nadal finals, grass produces a lower quality of tennis. The majority of players build their games on hard courts. Why must tennis play a major on a surface no one regularly plays on? The majority of the tennis season is played on hardcourt and clay (probably less than 5% is on grass). Can't wait till the US Open series.

SoCal10s
06-07-2009, 09:17 AM
way off,most of the season is played on hard courts,it just seems like clay has taken a major roll because Nadal is/was #1... I would like to see the Aussie open turn into an indoor event then,we'll have a nice balance of indoor,hard court,clay and grass..

tonyg11
06-07-2009, 09:26 AM
way off,most of the season is played on hard courts,it just seems like clay has taken a major roll because Nadal is/was #1... I would like to see the Aussie open turn into an indoor event then,we'll have a nice balance of indoor,hard court,clay and grass..

would be a shame because Australia has such nice weather.

How about adding a 5th indoor grand slam between Australia and the French or after the US open in place of the Masters Cup. Hold it in Germany on indoor carpet.

MichaelNadal
06-07-2009, 09:34 AM
Way too much tennis is played on hardcourts. We need more grass!

Gorecki
06-07-2009, 09:34 AM
disagree. I'd like to see a third of the season played on hard courts, a third on fast grass, and a third on slow clay. I'd also like to see the surfaces polarized as much as possible, so no two slams play alike.

only one point missing here... Taraflex, and other Carpet and Synthetic types of surface should be kept on the tour!

SoCal10s
06-07-2009, 09:54 AM
would be a shame because Australia has such nice weather.

How about adding a 5th indoor grand slam between Australia and the French or after the US open in place of the Masters Cup. Hold it in Germany on indoor carpet.

sometimes,like this year,Aussie open,the weather was way too hot..

only one point missing here... Taraflex, and other Carpet and Synthetic types of surface should be kept on the tour!

indoor carpet at Aussie open would be a nice answer to all..

mnguyen8
06-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Agreed!!! Longer grass season or a return to indoor carpet!

mzzmuaa
06-07-2009, 10:35 AM

That's what anyone with a brain wants to see. But the surfaces are too delicate.

babolat15
06-07-2009, 10:48 AM
i thought the majority of tourneys are on hard

dulapul
06-07-2009, 11:17 AM
I guess clay is best suited for learning tennis. The most complex surface, teaches strategy, patiente, balance. It seems more probable to transfer a clay game to hardcourt or grass than viceversa.
Otherwise, every surface has it`s specifics, grass is fast and low (or it should be), hard is neutral and no bad rebound, clay is more strategy and endurance.

maximo
06-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Can't wait for Wimby, Murray all the way!

Dimitrov_Fan
06-07-2009, 12:28 PM

This is right
Tennis feels like tennis on grass, but clay tennis is like another sport sometimes.

tom_asdelonge182
06-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Why is it always the Australian Open to change to indoor. Why can't the Us open change to indoor instead?

joeri888
06-07-2009, 09:33 PM
I don't like claytennis as much as I like hardcourts, but I think that the variety is the only thing that keeps tennis interesting for the casual fan

Nadal_Freak
06-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Hard court season started early this year with the new fast tennis balls used at RG. Hard court season is by far the most boring and most grueling season.

prosealster
06-07-2009, 11:26 PM
clay season is not over...there r still a few clay tourney left incl bastad, stuttgard etc

Leublu tennis
06-08-2009, 02:17 AM
The best tennis is always on a hard-court because you get to see all aspects of the game. Aggressive all court tennis. Baseline play, net play, point construction. It lets you play tennis to it's fullest. It doesn't handicap certain aspects of the game due to it's surface characteristics.And grass does? Also, there is a lot more net play on clay. Too bad you have not played on clay, its a lot of fun for someone who is reasonably fast.

vegeta SSJ4
06-08-2009, 02:23 AM
the season should be divided up into 4ths

1/4 - clay
1/4 - hard
1/4 - grass
1/4 - carpet

oh and um

http://forums.xgenstudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2134&stc=1&d=1234057882