PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Twist Ball Machine

orange223
04-06-2004, 01:00 PM
Has anyone used the Tennis Twist ball machine? $200, holds 28 balls. Was thinking about buying one for my own use. That is about the cheapest ball machine I can find. Looking for feedback and/or recommendations. Price is a factor.

coolgreen13
06-19-2005, 12:58 PM
also interested

Bolivian10s
06-21-2005, 12:41 PM
Its a great machine for groving your strokes, however its not going to knock you off your feet with power. If you are creative with some basic tennis drills this can be a valuable asset to your game. I have two of them which I mainly use for teaching kids as well.
Now one important note about the twist is that it will not shoot the ball from baseline to baseline, it is designed to be set up and placed on the service line on the same side as the court as you are on, and it tosses a ball every 5 seconds or so to you at about a 15 MPH toss speed. The height of the toss can be adjusted with a spring underneath the machine.
So, if this is a big turnoff don't bother with the twist and bite the bullet and spend the extra $$$ and get a ProLite or Tennis Tutor.
Hope this helps

tennisguy2007
07-13-2007, 09:55 AM
I've seen a few of these featured on ****, and many online stores.

Through ****, I've managed to find out that the battery operated model is run on "D" cell batteries ( for those who don't know much about batteries - these are the largest of the round batteries you can find at Wal-mart or Radio Shack etc, - these are the same ones that you would use in some large flashlights )

I am wondering how this machine runs - how it actually propels the ball.... is it a wheel system, where the ball gets compressed through 2 turning wheels and this is what shoots the ball outward ?

Also, how many of these "D" sized batteries are used in the unit ?

Seems like a cute little ball machine for kids.
If you click this link, you can see this ball machine on the courts of a tennis coach.
http://www.tenniscoachdave.com/pages/training_aid_recommendations.aspx

It would be nice finding some video of this machine in action, but not even YouTube.com has anything on this tennis ball machine.