PDA

View Full Version : Who are the top 10 players on clay now?

EtePras
06-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Not that it matters now that the French Open is over, but here's my list.

1. Federer
2. Soderling
3. Del Potro
4. Haas
5. Gonzalez
6. Murray
7. Robredo
8. Davydenko
9. Acasuso
10. ...nobody else is half-decent on this surface... I'll go with Roddick or Monfils

Roddick was the only guy to take a set off of Federer in Madrid, but the French Open showed that this is not any sort of special achievement, so I left out Mathieu as well.

Anyone disagree?

MichaelNadal
06-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Come on now are you out of your mind?

Telepatic
06-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Is this sarcastic post from OP or what?

All-rounder
06-07-2009, 10:05 AM
:confused: where is nadal the guy wins MC Rome and is behind monfils who made a QF

el sergento

1. Federer
2. Soderling
3. Del Potro
4. Haas
5. Gonzalez
6. Murray
7. Robredo
8. Davydenko
9. Monfils
10. ...nobody else is half-decent on this surface... I'll go with Roddick

Roddick was the only guy to take a set off of Federer in Madrid, but the French Open showed that this is not any sort of special achievement, so I left out Mathieu as well.

Anyone disagree?

A top ten list without Nadal..........automatic FAIL!

Your list reflects a single tornament and is in no way an indication of the clay season.

vtmike
Come on now are you out of your mind?

I think he isn't taking Nadal's loss too well...Nadal is num 2 on clay this year buddy...I know you are disappointed but come on! Show some respect to the 4 time FO champ!

EtePras
06-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Who is Nadal? To be top 10 on clay you need to either make QFs of the clay slam or at least take a set off of Federer on this surface. There are plenty of people who did either of those, and I don't remember anyone named Nadal on there. That reminds me, gotta edit in Acasuso somewhere.

grafselesfan
06-07-2009, 10:08 AM
For this year only I would have to say:

1. Federer- It makes me puke to say this but he had the best overall year on clay.

2. Nadal- Sadly with Federer winning Madrid and the French I have to top with him for this year. Sadly Rafa did not have the clay court season I am used to him having yet it still looked all the world before the Madrid semis he would rule again on clay. I hope next year he is back to his rightful place, and I hope most of all he is healthy. He still won Monte Carlo and Rome in his worst year on clay since 2004, Vamos Rafa!

3. Djokovic- overall strong performances on clay for the year ended with flop in Paris.

4. Soderling- for the French Open alone.

5. Del Potro

6. Gonzo

7. Verdasco

8. Murray

9. Monfils

10. Robredo

samster

1. Federer
2. Soderling
3. Del Potro
4. Haas
5. Gonzalez
6. Murray
7. Robredo
8. Davydenko
9. Acasuso
10. ...nobody else is half-decent on this surface... I'll go with Roddick or Monfils

Anyone disagree?

yeah, like everybody. :lol:

MichaelNadal
Who is Nadal? To be top 10 on clay you need to either make QFs of the clay slam or at least take a set off of Federer on this surface. There are plenty of people who did either of those, and I don't remember anyone named Nadal on there. That reminds me, gotta edit in Acasuso somewhere.

You are a complete idiot. I guess Verdasco is a better hardcourt player then Murray too. :arrow:

Turning Pro
06-07-2009, 10:09 AM
It goes:

Nadal
Federer
Djokovic
Del Potro
Soderling
Gonzalez

grafselesfan
06-07-2009, 10:10 AM
It goes:

Nadal
Federer
Djokovic
Del Potro
Soderling
Gonzalez

Those look pretty good too.

MichaelNadal
06-07-2009, 10:11 AM

1. Federer- It makes me puke to say this but he had the best overall year on clay.

2. Nadal- Sadly with Federer winning Madrid and the French I have to top with him for this year. Sadly Rafa did not have the clay court season I am used to him having yet it still looked all the world before the Madrid semis he would rule again on clay. I hope next year he is back to his rightful place, and I hope most of all he is healthy. He still won Monte Carlo and Rome in his worst year on clay since 2004, Vamos Rafa!

3. Djokovic- overall strong performances on clay for the year ended with flop in Paris.

4. Soderling- for the French Open alone.

5. Del Potro

6. Gonzo

7. Verdasco

8. Murray

9. Monfils

10. Robredo

I know where you are coming from but we shouldn't say that. He defended Barcelona, Monte Carlo, and Improved on Rome to win it. 3 clay tournaments just like last year. He lost early at the French which is huge, but pre-french open this year was better than last year. 3 tournaments and a final as opposed to 3 tournaments and a first round.

ESP#1
06-07-2009, 10:12 AM
in need of attention?:?

vtmike
06-07-2009, 10:12 AM

Like I've said before I hope you puke your brains out!! :twisted: and I would like to add nobody cares what you think...Everyone here knows how biased your posts are because of your hatred for Fed...

grafselesfan
06-07-2009, 10:21 AM
I know where you are coming from but we shouldn't say that. He defended Barcelona, Monte Carlo, and Improved on Rome to win it. 3 clay tournaments just like last year. He lost early at the French which is huge, but pre-french open this year was better than last year. 3 tournaments and a final as opposed to 3 tournaments and a first round.

Yes that is true. I guess I just expect so much of him, as a Rafa fan he has spoiled us the last couple years especialy, and on clay the last 4-5 years especialy. He did have a great clay court season despite not playing up to his best throughout it (other than maybe Rome). Just a sad ending to it at the French, but atleast it was to the eventual finalist.

grafselesfan
06-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Like I've said before I hope you puke your brains out!! :twisted: and I would like to add nobody cares what you think...Everyone here knows how biased your posts are because of your hatred for Fed...

Many people respond to me and are interested in my posts. If you dont I couldnt care less. I am not a sore loser, I admit I do not like Roger at all and am not exactly happy Federer won the French but I congratulate him for it, he earned it. I admit it is a big leap for his career greatness. How can I be unable to look past my bias to him if I even rated him the best clay courter of the year, when there still could be strong arguments overall to give it to Rafa who I like 10x more than Federer. Explain that now. You are a biased ******* who disses anyone who does not worship at his feet so I dont care what you think either.

boredone3456
06-07-2009, 10:25 AM

Two Words: Epic Fail

Tennis_Maestro
06-07-2009, 10:25 AM
1. Nadal
2. Federer
3. Djokovic
4. Gonzalez
5. Soderling
6. Verdasco
7. Monfils
8. Acasuso
9. Murray
10. Robredo

Mines the most accurate.

GameSampras
06-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Fed and Nadal...... Then the rest of the pretenders. Its the way its been for years now

ChanceEncounter
06-07-2009, 10:26 AM
If we go by ATP ranking points, it's Federer and then Nadal for best performance in clay season, no?

vtmike
06-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Many people respond to me and are interested in my posts. If you dont I couldnt care less. I am not a sore loser, I admit I do not like Roger at all and am not exactly happy Federer won the French but I congratulate him for it, he earned it. I admit it is a big leap for his career greatness. How can I be unable to look past my bias to him if I even rated him the best clay courter of the year, when there still could be strong arguments overall to give it to Rafa who I like 10x more than Federer. Explain that now. You are a biased ******* who disses anyone who does not worship at his feet so I dont care what you think either.

I don't diss anyone for not "worshipping" Fed...Infact I don't worship Fed too...I am a fan and that's it! You on the other hand post stuff like this,

If Federer wins tommorows final I will give him no credit at all. He just got lucky if he wins and deserves no credit. He is the luckiest and most overrated player of all time- male or female. Well maybe tied with Serena "fat arse" Williams.

You now have no choice but to put Fed over Nadal now that he has his FO...but you have shown your hate towards on countless occasions...

grafselesfan
06-07-2009, 10:33 AM
I don't diss anyone for not "worshipping" Fed...Infact I don't worship Fed too...I am a fan and that's it! You on the other hand post stuff like this,

You now have no choice but to put Fed over Nadal now that he has his FO...but you have shown your hate towards on countless occasions...

I said that in sarcasm on purpose to rile up the *******s. I often have done that during this French since you are so on edge you would think it was your own child. I shouldnt do that but you and your ******* groupies are annoying, even if I liked Federer I probably would still find you annoying.

vegeta SSJ4
06-07-2009, 10:34 AM
roddick has beaten roberedo,davydenko,gonzalez and haas on clay, plus has one 5 titles on the surface

delete thread

LurkingGod
06-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Anyone disagree?
I'm yet to see who doesn't.