PDA

View Full Version : going to be in london august 8th to sept. 8th

sctennis1
06-07-2009, 10:11 AM
hi everyone im 17 and im going to be in marylebone london for a month this summer. I was wondering if anyone knew where i could train for cheap and with who? i just need some good players to hit with. Im going to be there to play some itf's and futures its the sole purpose of my trip.im going to stay with my dad. thanks alot.

saram4
06-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Hi!

I live in this area so can give some advice...

www.londontennis.co.uk is a good website to find players and courts in your area.

I think Regents Park (South courts) are the closest within walking distance. They have hard courts that are made of macadam, which is like concrete/tarmac but they are in very good condition. Cost 8 or 10 per hour.

Professional standard courts are available at Westway Centre (also has blue/green clay courts - less than half the price of hard) and Islington Tennis Centre. Both centres are more pricey than Regents, but with your age you could get concessions.

Another place with high level courts is Paddington Sports Club. Under 24's get a year unlimited access for 358. It's worth negotiating a deal to get it even cheaper (I didn't manage to get a deal for 3 months only, but then again I'm not a future professional/current ITF player).

That's pretty much it from me. I'm sure with a travelcard you can find even more courts.

saram4
06-07-2009, 12:36 PM
whoops... that size increase was not supposed to happen. how do you edit?

s_andrean
07-05-2009, 03:55 AM
I live in north london... I'm not a bad player. Just message me on here if you want a game sometime. There are plenty of park courts you can use assuming the weather is good. There is no-where really cheap to train around marylebone..