PDA

View Full Version : Federer is Free

DoubleDeuce
06-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Today, he is free of the one major that eluded him for so many years.
He was there on the second Sunday for 4 consecutive year, until he got it.

He is free of all the critics questioning his fitness, age, mental status

He is free of all the people who called for help in a new coach

And Federer is free of himself, for any seed of doubt planted in his mind that he still can

He is now going to go into Wimbledon and US with a huge boost.

And guys, if he could do what he did today with so much pressure, what can he do now that he is free?

Defcon
06-07-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm waiting for the youtube video of Roger set to 'now you are free' from Gladiator :)

Docalex007
06-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Today, he is free of the one major that eluded him for so many years.
He was there on the second Sunday for 4 consecutive year, until he got it.

He is free of all the critics questioning his fitness, age, mental status

He is free of all the people who called for help in a new coach

And Federer is free of himself, for any seed of doubt planted in his mind that he still can

He is now going to go into Wimbledon and US with a huge boost.

And guys, if he could do what he did today with so much pressure, what can he do now that he is free?

He's going to win a few more titles this year that's what.

Halle - Wimbledon - Montreal or Cincy Masters - USO - Masters Cup + reclaiming the #1 ranking.

So 5 more titles plus the 2 he has already gives 7 titles this year looking more than possible.

Federer's career is about to enter a totally new level (well it did today but you know).

fps
06-07-2009, 11:07 AM
he's not out of the woods yet career-wise. to move into full-on "living legend" status he needs to beat pete's record. then he can just "be" as some kind of old master defying the new breed.

i'm fascinated by how his "new" game, with the drop shots, a bit of s/v, all that good stuff that hasn't been used all that much, will show up at Wimbledon :) it's his last slam without having a child to worry about, gotta think it's one of his very best shots to break the slam record. that's more pressure right there.

defrule
06-07-2009, 11:08 AM
The scary bit is the overwhelming morale and confidence going into the grass season.

vtmike
06-07-2009, 11:11 AM
LOL I found this funny song on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv8jkkrlWew

DoubleDeuce
06-07-2009, 11:16 AM
lol, I liked that Djoker caricature on that video