PDA

View Full Version : Feds win: Trolling and hatred..

joeri888
06-07-2009, 12:10 PM
Will Federer's win today put a hold on the endless trolling, debate and hatred between so-called *******s and *******s do you think. I for one think that I will start enjoying Nadal a lot more now I'm not stuck with the feeling any longer that Nadal always stood in Federer's way. I always respected him, but maybe I'll enjoy him winning a bit more from now on.

How do you guys feel in regard to the 'other player' about today's match?

Rhino
06-07-2009, 12:15 PM
Well I like both players. Trolling and hatred just seems to be a way of life around here, which is quite sad.
I am more of a Federer fan and it was a great day for tennis to see him finally get the French.

I still respect Nadal a lot and am sad that he won't be at Queens (mostly because I'll be there next week). It will be interesting to see how he bounces back from this set-back.
Federer has always been super careful with his scheduling and conditioning, and Nadal could learn a lot from that. He bit off more than he could chew this year and is now paying the price.

Dimitrov_Fan
06-07-2009, 12:17 PM
it was all about the hyped up fedal final tension and when nadal lost that tension disappeared and everyone became normal human beings again

TennisDawg
06-07-2009, 12:22 PM
Will Federer's win today put a hold on the endless trolling, debate and hatred between so-called *******s and *******s do you think. I for one think that I will start enjoying Nadal a lot more now I'm not stuck with the feeling any longer that Nadal always stood in Federer's way. I always respected him, but maybe I'll enjoy him winning a bit more from now on.

How do you guys feel in regard to the 'other player' about today's match?

Wish Rafa the best. He has a champion's heart and will be back. That said Federer's 14th slam win today on clay surpasses Pete Sampras. Federer is the GOAT and Rafa has his work cut out for him if he is to surpass Federer.

I'm not certain of this, time will tell, but Soderling may have exposed Nadal and others may follow suit on just how to beat Nadal. Providing players have that size and power, they can handle Rafa's tricky high spins by going for the first strike, keeping Rafa off balance. Tsonga did the same at the Australian Open a few years back. Tsonga is another big strong guy that can strike Rafa's ball in their power zone.
Federer on the other hand hits a clean solid shot without the same extreme topspin and with a lower bounce makes it harder for guys like Soderling to tee off in their power zone.