PDA

View Full Version : "Now The Question Is

marc45
06-07-2009, 12:14 PM
am i the greatest of all time?"....says fed, who apparently now is asking and answering all questions, no need for the goat debate or the press or fans...he does have a way of putting things that combines honesty with just a hint of arrogance

Dimitrov_Fan
06-07-2009, 12:16 PM
he was very blunt about the whole thing and not dodging the questions..

still, when you're that good you're allowed to be arrogant.

shawn1122
06-07-2009, 12:16 PM
I don't think its arrogance, he is just telling it how it is. McEnroe posed the question to him, he didnt say that himself. Also, he said he is happy to be considered ONE of the many greats in the history of the game. Doesn't come across as arrogant to me, no more arrogant than Nadal is at least.

marc45
06-07-2009, 12:19 PM
nobody asked him....does he need to improve his record against rafa, win a davis cup or two, pass pete in overall weeks and year-end number ones, and perhaps top jimmy connors titles...but again, apparently he determines the questions as well as the answers....not exactly the toughest press though, applauding his entrance, i'm surprised they didn't stand up like the president was coming in....and mac is a kiss-...

Claudius
06-07-2009, 12:23 PM
He said himself during the interview that he doesn't know.

TennisFan481
06-07-2009, 12:26 PM
I think it kind of came out wrong...he was talking really fast, obviously still on that high from winning the thing. He knows as well as anyone that there's never any way of knowing who the best of all-time is. There may not even be a right answer to that if we COULD have them all play each other.

mandy01
06-07-2009, 12:29 PM
You mised the part where he said "we dont know" and his presser where he said pretty much the same thing.He said he dosent know and nobody knows.He's doing the best he can do in his career and that GOAT is for the others to judge.