PDA

View Full Version : And now may I direct your attention to...

sstchur
06-07-2009, 01:36 PM
this thread: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=243928

Where the 8th reply is mine, and you really did here it from me first ;-)

(Of course, I'd be keeping my mouth shut if it didn't work out that way, but I think it's pretty cool that I called it spot on, 4 months ago. Gold star for me!)

Qubax
06-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Wow well done...

shawn1122
06-07-2009, 01:40 PM
French and Australia switched this year. This year the Fed-Nadal final was in Australia and a surprise finalist showed up at RG, instead of the other way around.

Claudius
06-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Psychic! Now what do you predict will happen at Wimbledon?

sstchur
06-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Psychic! Now what do you predict will happen at Wimbledon?

HA! Goodness, I'm not even going to try to predict, not after this crazy FO. I'm quitting while I'm ahead!

psYcon
06-07-2009, 02:03 PM
HA! Goodness, I'm not even going to try to predict, not after this crazy FO. I'm quitting while I'm ahead!

cashing in your chips so soon??

well as they say "beginner's luck " :)

DoubleDeuce
06-07-2009, 02:12 PM
So, what was your reasoning?

Good call

JeMar
06-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Wow, nice call.

Any reasoning besides luck?

slicefox
06-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Not too hard to predict. About a year ago i said nadal is on his way out.

The-Fed-Express
06-07-2009, 03:09 PM
this thread: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=243928

Where the 8th reply is mine, and you really did here it from me first ;-)

(Of course, I'd be keeping my mouth shut if it didn't work out that way, but I think it's pretty cool that I called it spot on, 4 months ago. Gold star for me!)
Davydenko, is that you?

sstchur
06-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Wow, nice call.

Any reasoning besides luck?

Honestly, it was mostly luck. I really like Federer; I love watching him play.

I'm not a huge Rafa fan, but I certainly have nothing against him. He's amazing as well, but it just seemed liked eventually the French Open run had to come to an end. It's not even that I didn't think he had it physically, but mentally it had to start playing with your mind after 4 years in row ("what if I lose?"). I'm not saying Rafa isn't mentally tough either -- clearly he is. I don't know. It was just a hunch/guess that it had to end eventually and time seemed ripe for a Rafa upset.

Of course, I don't know Nadal, so it's pure speculation, and one could say the same thing about Federer's consecutive Wimbledons.

But Federer wasn't playing horrible. Even though it seemed like his play maybe declined a bit since losing Wimbledon last year, he was still making the semifinals and finals of most tournaments. So it seemed premature to say he had no chance at the FO title.

It was just a prediction. I didn't think it was impossible, and historically Federer brings his best stuff to the best-of-five format, so I didn't think it was all that "crazy" of a prediction.

That's all. But yeah... mostly just a lucky call.