PDA

View Full Version : Will Roger produce a similar result at Wimbledon?

Claudius
06-07-2009, 01:38 PM
Now that the clay court season is over, do you think Roger can win Wimbledon this year? I personally think he can. He just needs to serve well like he did in the French Open and blast forehands while minimizing errors.

Qubax
06-07-2009, 01:39 PM
Yah Rog has got to be the overwhelming Wimby favorite at this point...

TennisandMusic
06-07-2009, 01:39 PM
Now that the clay court season is over, do you think Roger can win Wimbledon this year? I personally think he can. He just needs to serve well like he did in the French Open and blast forehands while minimizing errors.

I love the analysis here. All he has to do is serve well, blast forehands and not make errors! Yeah ok...is that not the advice for...every tennis player on the planet?

Anyway yeah he can win Wimbledon, why not?

joeri888
06-07-2009, 01:40 PM
He's the favourite to win according to Unibet. i really don't see his h2h to Nadal change because of this. he'll have to produce something special if he is to beat Rafa. If Rafa isn't there he's got a golden opportunity, but Murray could be a real threat.

TennisFan481
06-07-2009, 01:41 PM
I look forward to seeing a relaxed Federer getting ball after ball in the strike zone at his backhand.

Dimitrov_Fan
06-07-2009, 01:41 PM
He is favorite if Nadal is not 100%....

However, it should be very clear in 2 weeks time who is dangerous on grass after Queens, Halle, Birmingham, and sgoonterboosh (spelling?).

TennisFan481
06-07-2009, 01:47 PM
He's the favourite to win according to Unibet. i really don't see his h2h to Nadal change because of this. he'll have to produce something special if he is to beat Rafa. If Rafa isn't there he's got a golden opportunity, but Murray could be a real threat.

Meh, Rafa's serve hasn't been nearly that good this year and I can't see him coming up with another monumental effort like that. He was so driven to win this title...now that he has it, I don't think he's going to be coming up with the same goods.

A number of players can defeat Rafa on grass before the final if they play well.

Murray is an intriguing possibility, though.

mandy01
06-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Can't say at this point.Much depends on how he plays on grass this coming week and how he goes into Wimbledon.

Claudius
06-07-2009, 01:52 PM
I look forward to seeing a relaxed Federer getting ball after ball in the strike zone at his backhand.

I just don't understand you. Since the beginning, you've made some of the worst predictions possible and claimed Federer didn't have any talent. Now, you like Federer somewhat and acknowledge that he does have talent.

BigServer1
06-07-2009, 02:08 PM
I don't think that Nadal would be the favorite this year regardless of his health, especially if the rumor that the courts have been sped up is true.

Last season, Roger hadn't won a Slam, went through a crushing defeat in the FO finals (again), while Nadal was on a different planet from everyone else at that time. This season, he just hasn't looked as strong, which can probably be attributed to his ongoing knee problems.

I want to see Federer and Nadal play in the final again, and I want to see Federer beat him and reclaim his Wimbledon crown. I think if they were to meet in the final, Roger would have to be considered the favorite, as his confidence should be sky high after winning the French Open.

joeri888
06-07-2009, 02:20 PM
How has Nadal not looked strong? He claimed AO, IW, Rome and MC already, as well as Barcelona. he's on 5 titles and we're not even halfway through the season.

Love Game
06-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Will Roger produce a similar result at Wimbledon?

not against the same opponent, that's for sure. the way soderling choked against federer today after winning convincingly up until the final ... well, obviously, soderling won't be a finalist at wimby! :oops:

Turning Pro
06-07-2009, 02:25 PM
^Up until the injury that cost him the French and Queens.

icedevil0289
06-07-2009, 02:29 PM
not against the same opponent, that's for sure. the way soderling choked against federer today after winning convincingly up until the final ... well, obviously, soderling won't be a finalist at wimby! :oops:

http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/mtf/images/smilies/bs.gif

Serendipitous
06-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Roger may very well win Wimbledon, especially if Nadal is injured/doesn't play.