PDA

View Full Version : Djokovic = Just A One Slam Wonder?

soyizgood
06-07-2009, 03:52 PM
IMO it's looking that way. He can't beat Nadal on clay or grass, played out of his mind to beat Federer at the 2008 AO but is a mental midget against him in slams otherwise, Murray has turned the tables on him lately, and he's beginning to pop out excuses like his compatriot Jankovic. His conditioning looks like it will be an on-going issue and he looks the most likely of the top 4 to get knocked out of a slam via a major upset (Safin, Kohlschreiber...wtf?!?!).

He is in the prime of his career but appears to have either hit a slump or perhaps already has peaked. What's your take?

GameSampras
06-07-2009, 03:55 PM
You know what. He may very well be. Last year I thought Djoker was going to be the next big thing. He was very solid on every surface, young, and full of potential. But then I see how he has a tendancy to play DOWN to the competition, is very erratic, and very much of a headcase when it comes to pressure. That coupled with his breathing issues, DJoker may never win another.

One thing is for sure. Out of all the players on tour, Djoker has been the most disappointing for me. I thought for sure by now he would have been number 2 in the world with a few slams under his belt and close to taking that number 1 ranking.

Boy has the Serb proved me wrong. Hes like this era's version of Safin. Only not to lesser degree IMO.

Tons of talent and potential, but mentally wayyyy out there. He should have accomplished so much more by this point. Beginning of 08 I thought Djoker was going to be the man. The new force in tennis. Now I just see another "era filler"

GasquetGOAT
06-07-2009, 03:56 PM
He did the win the masters cup though

deltox
06-07-2009, 03:56 PM
he will pull it together and respond somewhere in the next 2 years. he is to solid to not get a couple more slams over his career. i still see him as a way better player than murray and hes still getting tons of hype

My .02

GameSampras
06-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Ive been saying Djoker will put it together and turn things around for quite a while now and it never comes to fruition. Im kind of sick of defending him at this point. As he has been nothing short of a DISAPPOINTMENT. I could see Djoker falling in the rankings before I could ever see him going up. He just doesnt seem to have the complete package.

vbranis
06-07-2009, 04:01 PM
Let's not forget he played 3 Masters finals in a row, and had match points in the semis of Madrid against Rafa (when Rafa wasn't tired).

I think he overplayed in the weeks leading up to RG, that's why he lost. Otherwise, I would have favored him to win the entire thing, especially since Rafa was out.

BTW: 666th post :twisted:

Conquistador
06-07-2009, 04:02 PM
IMO it's looking that way. He can't beat Nadal on clay or grass, played out of his mind to beat Federer at the 2008 AO but is a mental midget against him in slams otherwise, Murray has turned the tables on him lately, and he's beginning to pop out excuses like his compatriot Jankovic. His conditioning looks like it will be an on-going issue and he looks the most likely of the top 4 to get knocked out of a slam via a major upset (Safin, Kohlschreiber...wtf?!?!).

He is in the prime of his career but appears to have either hit a slump or perhaps already has peaked. What's your take?

I don't think he can win another slam. He doesnt have the mental edge today. When he switched from Wilson back to Head--his career got worse--im not blaming the racquet.....

THESEXPISTOL
06-07-2009, 04:03 PM
He is the guy with more tennis potential after Del Potro..
But he's dumb during games, he's serbian fanatic (it's good being patriotic.. but not that much.. he's a fanatic!) and his entourage behavior doesn't help his image a lot..

But who am i to say he's a mediocre player..

marc45
06-07-2009, 04:06 PM
i still like murray to win one before joker wins another or del potro his first

RCizzle65
06-07-2009, 04:27 PM
I predict a Safin-like career, he may have another big run in him if he gets pumped up like the 2008 Australian Open

World Beater
06-07-2009, 04:28 PM
NO WAY.

djokovic and roddick are not one slam wonders.

Blue Drop
06-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Threads with titles like these were much more fun when GJ011 was still around.

Anyway, he could very well end up a one-slam wonder, but I see him eeking out a US Open or another AO at some point. If he wants results at slams, he needs to make his fitness a priority.

egn
06-07-2009, 04:37 PM
You know what. He may very well be. Last year I thought Djoker was going to be the next big thing. He was very solid on every surface, young, and full of potential. But then I see how he has a tendancy to play DOWN to the competition, is very erratic, and very much of a headcase when it comes to pressure. That coupled with his breathing issues, DJoker may never win another.

One thing is for sure. Out of all the players on tour, Djoker has been the most disappointing for me. I thought for sure by now he would have been number 2 in the world with a few slams under his belt and close to taking that number 1 ranking.

Boy has the Serb proved me wrong. Hes like this era's version of Safin. Only not to lesser degree IMO.

Tons of talent and potential, but mentally wayyyy out there. He should have accomplished so much more by this point. Beginning of 08 I thought Djoker was going to be the man. The new force in tennis. Now I just see another "era filler"

Yea I am quite dissapointed it seems that 2007-2008 run to the AO was his absolute best. He made a bit of damage in clay last year and than just flammmed out fast. He tried at the US Open but he went back to being Roger's whipping boy and now he almost looked as if he was going to cement himself on clay and then lost to Kohl? I hate to say it he is way more dissapointing than Murray..Murray is one surface threat and doing it Djokovic is looking like a no surface threat, he can't go deep in the slams, he can't beat the best on the surface, he can only go deep in the master series which he still can't win. I mean it is looking like very soon he is going to fall behind Del Potro or even Roddick and be hanging out in the lower half of the top 10.

dr325i
06-07-2009, 04:41 PM
He is the guy with more tennis potential after Del Potro..
But he's dumb during games, he's serbian fanatic (it's good being patriotic.. but not that much.. he's a fanatic!) and his entourage behavior doesn't help his image a lot..

But who am i to say he's a mediocre player..

why is he a (Serbian) FANATIC...if you know the meaning of the word???

THESEXPISTOL
06-07-2009, 04:50 PM
you seriously don't know the words he said about Montenegro incident last year and things he said about croatians do you?

NickH87
06-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Well when you have nadal and federer winning every other slam, I would rather be a one slam wonder than one of the other guys on tour who isnt going to have a real shot at winning anything until the top two are gone.

I am a big djokovic fan and I hope he does well in the future.

timnz
06-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Kind of equivalent to Arthur Ashe's tennis achievements. Maybe one time a number #1 ranking and winning 3 or 4 of the majors.

ElSuegro
06-07-2009, 05:18 PM
He's still young enough, and very talented. How motivated? I don't know. But if this Nadal injury thing turns out to be serious, maybe he can get inspired to achieve more. It must be very frustrating to be that good, yet get stuck in the middle of the Federer-Nadal show.

dh003i
06-07-2009, 05:27 PM
I think his talent is over-rated. He isn't as talented as Federer or even Nadal, not by a long shot.

He isn't as talented as Brad Gilbert was, and has a hell of a lot less heart.

Camnation
06-07-2009, 05:38 PM
He's still young. I don't think he's peaked yet (at least, I dearly hope not). I haven't heard him crapping excuses either. Where is this thread coming from? Shall we insist that Murray is a no-slam wonder now, since he hasn't beaten Rafa on grass or clay either?

zagor
06-07-2009, 05:42 PM
I still think he'll end up with 2-3 slams but was very disappointed in his performances in slams this year.

IvanAndreevich
06-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Holy crap. Yeah he's clearly not Federer or Nadal but give the guy a break. He's 22 years old and ranked #4 in the world. I think he'll move back to #3 before the end of the year...

THUNDERVOLLEY
06-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Djokovic will not be anything but a one-line footnote in this period; for all of the hype about that clown, what has he lived up to, other than beating Federer in a slam when Roger was still dealing with an illness. There's not an ounce of anything dynamic or defining about his game.

Serendipitous
06-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Here's the thread I started on the same topic......

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=257887

dr325i
06-07-2009, 07:01 PM
you seriously don't know the words he said about Montenegro incident last year and things he said about croatians do you?

No I don't, please give us a link...and then the explanation on why he's a FANATIC!!! You obviously don't know the true meaning of that word... And the history of the region...don't want to even go there...

According to you, 80% of the athletes from that region are fanatics...which is very much untrue...

dr325i
06-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Djokovic will not be anything but a one-line footnote in this period; for all of the hype about that clown, what has he lived up to, other than beating Federer in a slam when Roger was still dealing with an illness. There's not an ounce of anything dynamic or defining about his game.

WOW, you know nothing about tennis...
THe hate toward someone you don't even know has clouded your brain completely...

NoobWannabe
06-07-2009, 08:10 PM
You guys speak as if being a grand slam wonder is something to be ashamed of. Do you freaking realize how many great players out there trying hard their freaking whole life and never won a slam?? People here are so judgemental it's almost funny.

kobe3pointer
06-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Djokovic is definitely not a one slam wonder...

Im sure he can win a coupple more the way if he keeps on playing like he was playing BEFORE FO...

kobe3pointer
06-07-2009, 08:12 PM
You guys speak as if being a grand slam wonder is something to be ashamed of. Do you freaking realize how many great players out there trying hard their freaking whole life and never won a slam?? People here are so judgemental it's almost funny.

Agreed. 100%

Dimitrov_Fan
06-07-2009, 08:13 PM
1 Australian Open
1 US Open
2 French Open Final, 1 US Open Final
3 Wimbledon semi-finals.

1 Olympic Silver
2 Master's Cups

9 Master's Shields

That's my overall prediction.

kobe3pointer
06-07-2009, 08:14 PM
1 Australian Open
1 US Open
2 French Open Final, 1 US Open Final
3 Wimbledon semi-finals.

1 Olympic Silver
2 Master's Cups

9 Master's Shields

That's my overall prediction.

Looks good, although I think he might have another chance at an AO..

BreakPoint
06-07-2009, 08:16 PM

My take is that his 2HBH is holding him back. If he switched to a 1HBH, he would have won at least 6 Slams by now. Just look at how many Slams Federer, Sampras, and Laver have won with their 1HBH's. ;) :shock: LOL

kobe3pointer
06-07-2009, 08:20 PM
My take is that his 2HBH is holding him back. If he switched to a 1HBH, he would have won at least 6 Slams by now. Just look at how many Slams Federer, Sampras, and Laver have won with their 1HBH's. ;) :shock: LOL

That western grip needs to change to eastern too, and his racquet needs to lose 10 sq inches...

norbac
06-07-2009, 08:22 PM
He looked like a man on a mission at the 08 Aussie Open, haven't really seen that from him in a while.

BreakPoint
06-07-2009, 08:24 PM
OK, but seriously, the only reason Djokovic even has one Slam is because Federer had just contracted mono and was sick as a dog when he played Djokovic in the semis. Otherwise, Federer would have beaten him and then Tsonga in the final and be up to at least 15 Slams by now.

SoCal10s
06-07-2009, 08:31 PM
I can't see him winning any more slams unless there are some serious rain delays .. he conditioning is way below par for a slam winner where you're expected to fight 3 out of 5 sets.. no way in the US open heat and Aussie sun... everyone is used to his antics now and they will protest and the crowd will booo him if he stalls for time.. 1 slam wonder is sure a likely fit.. too bad,he was starting be a real threat...

SikSerb
06-07-2009, 10:16 PM
I disagree. People seem to forget very easily here, anyone remember the unbelievable run before the French Open? I think Novak will continue his form on grass and through to the end of the year, possibly adding another slam before years end, it could very well happen. Hes still very young and still has years of his prime left. People are overreacting as per usual on this forum.

thalivest
06-07-2009, 10:22 PM
I would project for him to end up between 1-3 slams. So yeah possibly a one-slam wonder but probably only a 33% shot of it. He is talented enough there is a good shot he gets the breaks or run of form to win another 1 or 2. I know there are some like zagor who still think he will win 4+. We will see but I dont see it. I see Nadal. Murray, and Del Potro all being ahead of him and stronger contenders than him in the coming years. Federer will still be a big force and ahead of Djoko for a few more years. Then in addition to Nadal, Murray, and Del Potro we see which up and comers or newcomers could pass him as they develop. Tsonga will probably never be as consistent as Djokovic but will always be a toughie for him if they play, and even veteran Roddick is a tough opponent for Djokovic. As for the slams:

Hard courts: so much competition here, almost everyone either plays their best tennis here or is comfortable.

Clay: Nadal and Del Potro (after this year IMO) will be blocking his way. Federer IMO is still the better clay courter and will be as long as he is confident until he slows down significantly.

Grass: Nadal and Federer are in another league here. Murray will be better in the near future, if he doesnt prove to be this year. Tsonga could easily end up being better on grass if he fulfills his grass court potential. Roddick arguably is better on grass and still has a few more strong years left.

Again that is not even counting the possibly much more improved (eg- Cilic or Nishikori) or newcoming (eg- Tomic, etc..) threats to come in down the road.

Cesc Fabregas
06-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Still feel he has 4-5 slams in him.

thalivest
06-07-2009, 10:24 PM
Holy crap. Yeah he's clearly not Federer or Nadal but give the guy a break. He's 22 years old and ranked #4 in the world. I think he'll move back to #3 before the end of the year...

What makes you think that? Murray is clearly a superior hard court player now, and I suspect their results on grass will be very similar this year. I believe they are about equal on the Race now.

SikSerb
06-07-2009, 10:31 PM
What makes you think that? Murray is clearly a superior hard court player now, and I suspect their results on grass will be very similar this year. I believe they are about equal on the Race now.

Murray's game peaked towards the end of last year, a time when Djokovic's form took a huge slump. Djokovic only regained his top form on clay this year. So I dont think you can really judge whos superior until the hard court season starts in a month.

Nadal_Freak
06-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Another terrible thread started by a Djokovic hater. When will they stop?

InvisibleSoul
06-07-2009, 11:48 PM
I think he can win a few more...

Sure, he has had some inconsistent results and has been knocked out early in several Grand Slams, but in 2007 & 2008, he DID make at least the semifinals in 6 of the last 7 Grand Slams... that definitely has to count for something.

He's fallen a bit short of expectations so far this year, but he definitely has the ability to make it deep into any given tournament, and if you do that, there's always a chance you can win it...

CountryHillbilly
06-08-2009, 12:38 AM
Too many of these threads here ... and then you complain about serbs who respond badly...

1. Why is he a Serb fanatic?? He didn;t say anything about Croatians, and he only campaigned against Kosovo independence

2. He probably expected a lot in the spring last year, but got beaten by Rafa in Monte Carlo, Queens, and FO and apparently got depressed after that and had a long crisis, extended by racket change

Fortunately, he's been getting better on clay recently and has beaten Fed twice, and got close to Rafa in Madrid

3. As far as the future goes: he and Murray are a class ahead of all the young players out there, DelPotro, Cilic, Monfils, ..

Fed will have to retire or lose interest someday and Rafa's knees are in doubt, so Murray and Djoko will start dominating within a year or so.

Definitely not a one-slam wonder...

flying24
06-08-2009, 12:48 AM
Djokovic is not going to be a class above Del Potro. Watching the progress Del Potro made over the last few months he could easily end up overtaking Djokovic soon. Thinking Federer and Nadal will be done in a little over a year is wishful thinking. Also there are players who could easily emerge before too long who arent proven yet, or arent even really on the pro scene yet.

Lastly even in the ridiculous idea Murray-Djokovic were to ever completely dominate on their own that wouldnt be such good news for Djokovic who is becoming Murray's pigeon in the last year. Meeting Murray all the time in finals could be his worst nightmare.

joeri888
06-08-2009, 12:55 AM

He might be a Djokovic hater, but I think it's kind of a fair question. He looked like being the enxt best thing in the spring of 2008 and even seemed THE biggest challenger to Roger Federer's throne for a short while when he won AO, IW, and Rome.. Then he did okay again in Hamburg and Roland Garros. The Queen's final was good too, but after that, he's been disappointing. Apart from his great revival at the Masters Cup his Grandslam record over the last 12 months is pretty horrible with a 2nd round, SF, QF and 3rd round..

batz
06-08-2009, 01:13 AM
Waaayyyyyyyyyyy too early to say if he'll win more slams.

This board seems to deal in absolutes. A couple of weeks ago, Rafa was absolutley going to dominate clay and pull off a grand slam this season. Now we've got got threads stating absolutely that Roger will win the rest of the slams this season.

Leublu tennis
06-08-2009, 02:10 AM
I don't think he can win another slam. He doesnt have the mental edge today. When he switched from Wilson back to Head--his career got worse--im not blaming the racquet.....

Really? At age 21: Djokovic = 1 slam; Roger "the goat" = 0 slams. He is basically a year ahead of a great player, goat or not.

vegeta SSJ4
06-08-2009, 02:27 AM
nalbandian - no slams
davydenko - no slams
gonzalez - no slams
murray - no slams

hate on some of these players ofr doing jack **** with there careers.

http://forums.xgenstudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2134&stc=1&d=1234057882

MethodTennis
06-08-2009, 03:54 AM

i agree he may be another roddick. geting beat off safin isnt such a big deal when safin plays well ide expect him to be djok he just doesnt play well 9/10 times

seanyw
06-08-2009, 04:07 AM
Federer was a bit off from his peak form at AO 2008 but definitely not "sick as a dog"... I don't think any physically unfit player could have a run into the semi-final of any slams under the heat in melbourne. And even if physically fit, no one can stay in top form in every single match

What you've claimed had written off the credit that Djokovic deserved in that match. He did well and that aussie crown was just well deserved

OK, but seriously, the only reason Djokovic
even has one Slam is because Federer had just contracted mono and was sick as a dog when he played Djokovic in the semis. Otherwise, Federer would have beaten him and then Tsonga in the final and be up to at least 15 Slams by now.

seanyw
06-08-2009, 04:10 AM
it's simply stupid to write off the chance of a 22 year old, fourth ranked player to win another slam...

DarthFed
06-08-2009, 04:17 AM
Really? At age 21: Djokovic = 1 slam; Roger "the goat" = 0 slams. He is basically a year ahead of a great player, goat or not.

Thats not how it works at all :roll:.

diggler
06-08-2009, 04:23 AM
He had match points against Rafa a few weeks ago. How can you you write him off?????????

batz
06-08-2009, 04:23 AM
it's simply stupid to write off the chance of a 22 year old, fourth ranked player to win another slam...

We have a winner. Sense breaks out on TT.

Gemini
06-08-2009, 04:28 AM
Part of Djokovic's problem is that he's playing in 4th/5th gear in every match for almost the entire match. He doesn't have the ability to sit back and wait an opponent out like Nadal and he doesn't have the varied shot selection/playing options that Federer has. There may be another GS title in his future but it's most likely going to be on a hardcourt.

grafrules
06-08-2009, 04:28 AM
He had match points against Rafa a few weeks ago. How can you you write him off?????????

Nadal hated the surface and was struggling all week. Federer straight setted him in the final, and Verdasco was killing him in the 2nd set until choking it away.

THUNDERVOLLEY
06-08-2009, 05:04 AM
I see the defense has entered, but to reiterate, he's a one-slam wonder who was overrated for no justified reason. For all of his so-called "game," he only managed to win his lone slam (once again) after getting by a sick Federer. Not too impressive. Where is all of this multi slam-capturing talent his flock repeatedly claimed he possessed?

Apparently nowhere, but i'm sure his family is convining him that he's the GOAT...

soyizgood
06-08-2009, 05:34 AM

I don't hate Djokovic. It's hard for me to like the guy at times, but he's a very talented player that can go deep at Master's but gets shot down by elite and not-so-elite players at majors. I'd like to be wrong in this case as I'm tired to death of Federer-this, Nadal-that at all of the big events. Seeing that Djokovic is 4-13 vs Nadal and 4-6 vs Federer he's good enough to advance in events to face them, but emerging as a champ is still a huge hurdle he may or may not have the stuff to get to the next level. Even if he waits out for Federer to decline and for Nadal's fitness to decline, that's no guarantee he'll be collecting the slams then since Del Potro, Murray, Cilic, Tsonga, and others haven't been humiliated by the big two nearly as much as Djokovic has.

You have some nerve to call folks a hater, Nadal_Freak. Then again, you're the "real" #1 in that category.

P_Agony
06-08-2009, 05:46 AM
Djokovic is a very good clay couter, an overrated hard courter and a so so grass player. He has the talent to win more slams, but so did Roddick and Safin, and they were always stopped by Fed. Murray is still a zero slam wonder...so they both have still a lot to prove.

grafselesfan
06-08-2009, 05:54 AM
I see the defense has entered, but to reiterate, he's a one-slam wonder who was overrated for no justified reason. For all of his so-called "game," he only managed to win his lone slam (once again) after getting by a sick Federer. Not too impressive. Where is all of this multi slam-capturing talent his flock repeatedly claimed he possessed?

Apparently nowhere, but i'm sure his family is convining him that he's the GOAT...

You are prejudice against Serbs. I see you ripping Djokovic, Jankovic, Ivanovic all the time. You probably would even ridicule the great Monica Seles if she still played.

Dutch-Guy
06-08-2009, 05:57 AM
Djokovic is a great player who has the game to bear any player on any surface.Only his lack of stamina fails him.Don't write him off just yet i'd say.

CocaCola
06-08-2009, 05:59 AM
My signature is saying that this thread is a one star FAIL.

Telepatic
06-08-2009, 07:29 AM
He have potential, lets see if he will use it.

dr325i
06-08-2009, 08:13 AM

Who ever mentioned him to be a GOAT???
At the age of 22 he's been in the semis of all 4 slams, won numerous masters, year end masters, AO, USO finals, top 5 for a long time...

WHat have you accomplished in your life? I am sure your parents expected something out of you -- do they also call you "overrated"? Or "not impressive"?

zagor
06-08-2009, 08:48 AM
I would project for him to end up between 1-3 slams. So yeah possibly a one-slam wonder but probably only a 33% shot of it. He is talented enough there is a good shot he gets the breaks or run of form to win another 1 or 2. I know there are some like zagor who still think he will win 4+. We will see but I dont see it. I see Nadal. Murray, and Del Potro all being ahead of him and stronger contenders than him in the coming years. Federer will still be a big force and ahead of Djoko for a few more years. Then in addition to Nadal, Murray, and Del Potro we see which up and comers or newcomers could pass him as they develop. Tsonga will probably never be as consistent as Djokovic but will always be a toughie for him if they play, and even veteran Roddick is a tough opponent for Djokovic. As for the slams:

Hard courts: so much competition here, almost everyone either plays their best tennis here or is comfortable.

Clay: Nadal and Del Potro (after this year IMO) will be blocking his way. Federer IMO is still the better clay courter and will be as long as he is confident until he slows down significantly.

Grass: Nadal and Federer are in another league here. Murray will be better in the near future, if he doesnt prove to be this year. Tsonga could easily end up being better on grass if he fulfills his grass court potential. Roddick arguably is better on grass and still has a few more strong years left.

Again that is not even counting the possibly much more improved (eg- Cilic or Nishikori) or newcoming (eg- Tomic, etc..) threats to come in down the road.

Well I still think he can end up with 2-5 slams.It's hard to say right now,he did perform pretty bad at slams this year so far but he's still a very young player and is the youngest player to reach the semis of all 4 slams.I mean he underperformed this year so far but things can change very quickly in sport.

I agree that Del Potro is catching up with the big guys and Murray had the better of Novak lately so it will be tough for him no doubt.He will definitely need to work on his game and fitness,he can't afford to stagnate because guys like Murray and Del Potro will pass him.

soyizgood
06-14-2009, 07:33 AM
Djokovic lost to some washed up fossil in Halle. Nice going, Djoker. On his off days he's made Santoro, Safin, Kohlschreiber, and Haas look like world beaters.

gj011
06-14-2009, 07:44 AM
I agree with NF here.

Yet another failed hater thread.

thejoe
06-14-2009, 07:48 AM
Nole will win more slams, and anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves. He's still so young. Give the guy a break. He is the real deal.

Ocean Drive
06-14-2009, 07:57 AM
Safin's career was from 2000-2005, after the injury he was ruined.

Djokovic will probably never have such a serious injury that had him limping, never mind playing tennis, for 8 months.

flying24
His mental game is his biggest weakness. He is starting to come across as a bit of a headcase. With Nadal around a number of more years, Murray coming up, and Del Potro coming up fast, and who knows how many more in the coming years he could end up a 1 slam wonder if he doesnt improve his mental game, in addition to adding new dimensions and improving his overall game.

Cesc Fabregas
Djoker has too much game not to win another slam.

flying24
06-14-2009, 08:00 AM

Prime Safin (not current Safin but 2000-2005 Safin) had more "game" than Djokovic and he only won two majors. I never assumed Djokovic would end up being the underachiever Safin turned out to be though as he seemed mentally far more stable, and of course far more commited to tennis than Safin. However now I am starting to wonder. Of late he looks like a headcase often, he seems to lose confidence so easily when he has one dissapointing result and just falls apart for awhile.

Cesc Fabregas
06-14-2009, 08:01 AM
Prime Safin (not current Safin but 2000-2005 Safin) had more "game" than Djokovic and he only won two majors. I never assumed Djokovic would end up being the underachiever Safin turned out to be though as he seemed mentally far more stable, and of course far more commited to tennis than Safin. However now I am starting to wonder. Of late he looks like a headcase often, he seems to lose confidence so easily when he has one dissapointing result and just falls apart for awhile.

Safin had major injury problems aswell.

gj011
06-14-2009, 08:05 AM

Safin would have won more slams if he had been spared of major injury problems.

flying24
06-14-2009, 08:08 AM
Safin still should have more slams when you combine the 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005 years though. I agree the criticsm he gets since his last major injury in 2005 is unjust, that pretty much ruined his career for good, and he was also starting to get up in age by the time he returned full time. However is anyone seriously going to deny he underachieved during those years I spoke of to not win more and not be more consistent, and that his focus, temperment, and sometimes commitment problems were not a big part of that?

BreakPoint
06-14-2009, 09:49 AM
Yeah, that's what people said about Roddick in 2003.

What is it now, 2009?

BreakPoint
06-14-2009, 09:52 AM
The only injury that prevented Safin from winning more slams is his head injury, which is permanent.

フェデラー
06-14-2009, 10:09 AM
I was just about to make a thread about this. I feel Djokovic is the new Roddick, just that one slam glory and he will be no more. I mean now he just lost Haas at Halle. This is getting ridiculous. Not only that but he is a huge choker. Losing to Nadal at Queens last year 7-6 7-6 after being up 3-0 in both sets. Not only that since he has switched to head he is playing even worse it seems.

FlamEnemY
06-14-2009, 10:19 AM
Djokovic lost to some washed up fossil in Halle. Nice going, Djoker. On his off days he's made Santoro, Safin, Kohlschreiber, and Haas look like world beaters.

It's wrong to call Haas "fossil". He's proven that he is one of the more talented players. Too bad he had many injuries.
On topic, I expect him to win around 3 more.

NamRanger
06-14-2009, 10:43 AM

Safin blew multiple opportunities to win slams in multiple years (not just the 2002 AO either).

maximo
06-14-2009, 10:54 AM
Its looking that way unfortunately, but he's only 22.

Cesc Fabregas
06-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Yeah, that's what people said about Roddick in 2003.

What is it now, 2009?

Roddick would have had more slams if he didn't change his game.

Nadal_Freak
06-14-2009, 11:59 AM
I expect a few more slams from Djokovic. Time is on his side.

All-rounder
06-14-2009, 12:03 PM
I expect a few more slams from Djokovic. Time is on his side.
Its true but time is also on nadal's Murray's and del potro's side

BreakPoint
06-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Roddick would have had more slams if he didn't change his game.
Sure he would.

I guess some dude named Roger Federer had nothing to do with Roddick not winning any more Slams. :-?

Cesc Fabregas
06-14-2009, 12:10 PM
Sure he would.

I guess some dude named Roger Federer had nothing to do with Roddick not winning any more Slams. :-?

True but Roddick 05 onwards has played a conservitive safe game when before he was ripping forehands.

BreakPoint
06-14-2009, 12:21 PM
True but Roddick 05 onwards has played a conservitive safe game when before he was ripping forehands.
But what difference does that make? Federer was still beating him at all the Slams back then.

Cesc Fabregas
06-14-2009, 12:23 PM
But what difference does that make? Federer was still beating him at all the Slams back then.

Well some might say he would have beaten Federer at Wimbledon 04 without the rain delay.

gj011
06-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Well some might say he would have beaten Federer at Wimbledon 04 without the rain delay.

And on the real grass.

JeMar
06-14-2009, 12:31 PM
I dunno if you're being sarcastic or not, but the grass was changed a couple of years before.

julesb
06-14-2009, 12:36 PM

Their 1-7 or 1-8 head to head even at Roddicks peak in 2003-2004 suggests otherwise and I hate Federer with a passion.

soyizgood
04-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Bump. I forgot I started this thread. Any change in thoughts?

rolandg
04-28-2010, 11:46 PM
He's got plenty of time to win more. Even if he doesn't, there's nothing embarrassing about winning one slam. Just think of all the money he's making.

sdont
04-29-2010, 03:19 AM
Lol this thread is full of past legends: gj, gsf, N_F, maximo... and other banned posters. Seriously, there are about 10 different banned usernames in this 5-page thread.

DragonBlaze
04-29-2010, 03:32 AM
Lol this thread is full of past legends: gj, gsf, N_F, maximo... and other banned posters. Seriously, there are about 10 different banned usernames in this 5-page thread.

That's exactly what I thought! We used to have such a strong era! Now it's just a bunch of has beens past their prime and young-ins without any game. No true successor as of yet...

Man, time flies looking back at this thread!

sdont
04-29-2010, 03:46 AM
That's exactly what I thought! We used to have such a strong era! Now it's just a bunch of has beens past their prime and young-ins without any game. No true successor as of yet...

Man, time flies looking back at this thread!

Ahahahahahaha. I've read the entire thread just for fun. Add Game_Sampras, Conquistador and julesb to the list. This thread sholud be a sticky.

yellowoctopus
04-29-2010, 08:37 AM
He still has the talent to add more titles to this career; it's the motivation during the match (mental toughness) that will dictates whether he can win another grandslam.
http://www.futuretennisstars.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/djokovic05.gif

Of course, the situation would be a lot different if this was not a Federer/Nadal era, but since it is, no need to think about it.
http://heroworkshop.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/federer_nadal_clw_nq_05_590.jpg

Cup8489
04-29-2010, 09:23 AM
He still has the talent to add more titles to this career; it's the motivation during the match (mental toughness) that will dictates whether he can win another grandslam.
http://www.futuretennisstars.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/djokovic05.gif

this is what he needs. this racquet. not this fumbled up new one he uses, the old, stiffer mold. that is what he won with, and what he needs back.

Anaconda
04-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Sorry, but there is no way in hell that Djokovic will remain a one slam wonder.

- Field will weaken when Federer and Nadal will retire.
- Owns JMDP, his closest rival of his age group and under, in terms of ability
- Murray won't be making slam semis and finals all of the time

Why don't people actually make threads about Murray, who isn't even a slam winner and hasn't had the career Novak has had, despite being older, over hyped and is actually in a worse position right now.

anointedone
04-29-2010, 02:37 PM
Mens tennis seems to be a mess going forward now. Federer showing signs of slowing down, or maybe just tanking all the non slams and will remain winning many of the slams for awhile still, which is equally sad in a way. Nadal looking strong again but questions how much longer he will last near the top with his breaking body and playing style. Djokovic a huge headcase for awhile now and not showing the mental fortitude to win another big title. Murray.....what can you even say about him now, is he perhaps done at the very top already? Del Potro, can the guy even stay healthy, he has a whole lot to prove still, hasnt even won a Masters or anything of note outside his U.S Open. Yeah Roddick's coach says he is going to have an Agassi like final section of his career, but who really believes that. Will Davydenko or Soderling evern win even one slam. Is Cilic for real. Is there anyone new on the horizon? Dimitrov is going where exactly, he couldnt even beat Donald Young this year.

I dont think the head to head with Djokovic and Del Potro means anything though. All their matches were before Del Potro became the kind of player he began to be last spring.

Anaconda
04-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Mens tennis seems to be a mess going forward now. Federer showing signs of slowing down, or maybe just tanking all the non slams and will remain winning many of the slams for awhile still, which is equally sad in a way. Nadal looking strong again but questions how much longer he will last near the top with his breaking body and playing style. Djokovic a huge headcase for awhile now and not showing the mental fortitude to win another big title. Murray.....what can you even say about him now, is he perhaps done at the very top already? Del Potro, can the guy even stay healthy, he has a whole lot to prove still, hasnt even won a Masters or anything of note outside his U.S Open. Yeah Roddick's coach says he is going to have an Agassi like final section of his career, but who really believes that. Will Davydenko or Soderling evern win even one slam. Is Cilic for real. Is there anyone new on the horizon? Dimitrov is going where exactly, he couldnt even beat Donald Young this year.

I dont think the head to head with Djokovic and Del Potro means anything though. All their matches were before Del Potro became the kind of player he began to be last spring.

Well they (JMDP) played in Djokovic's 'slump', and Djokovic still beats him. I still think Roddick has a few good years left and Stefanki has to say that; he can't go around saying Roddick ain't winning another slam or he'll find himself in early retirement! who is Davydenko? Soderling craps to Federer. Federer is probably tanking - he won't be losing sets to those guys come FO and Wimby.

anointedone
04-29-2010, 03:08 PM
Well they (JMDP) played in Djokovic's 'slump', and Djokovic still beats him. I still think Roddick has a few good years left and Stefanki has to say that; he can't go around saying Roddick ain't winning another slam or he'll find himself in early retirement! who is Davydenko? Soderling craps to Federer. Federer is probably tanking - he won't be losing sets to those guys come FO and Wimby.

What did you think consider Djokovic's "slump". Djokovic has alot of possible slumps. He was never playing as badly as he is now when he played Del Potro so I doubt he was in what was ever a real slump. If they had played at the U.S Open last year for example I suspect Del Potro would have won quite easily (and Djokovic was actually playing pretty well there but DP was playing at the very top of his game). Either way we wont know more about the matchup until they play more meetings in the future now that Del Potro is also into his prime as player.

hoodjem
04-29-2010, 03:48 PM
Absolutely yes, he will win more slams . . . after Fed and Nadal retire.

Then, the also-rans will be the big winners.

matchmaker
04-29-2010, 03:55 PM
I am not sure about Djokovic. Two years have passed since his Slam victory. Since then, I see no noticeable progress, rather stagnation than anything else.

And you know what they say: to stay at the top you have to improve 5 to 10% a year.

I think Djokovic has a serious stamina problem, that he can only solve by opt for another style of play. As he is a baseliner, he will have to play a la Agassi, if not he will never win in best of 5's and this being said, he also seems to have problems in best of 3's.

Rhino
04-29-2010, 04:18 PM
I think he has another couple of slams in him. Especially if Federer fades away in the next couple of years... somebody has to win them.

Cyan
04-29-2010, 04:39 PM
He won't be a one slam wonder.

Kick Serve 14
04-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Djokovic will never win another slam. There are other players out there as old as him, with more talent...

petetheileet
04-29-2010, 05:08 PM
il take a stab and say he will finish at 4....

still so young and if his head is right, he is a major contender at every slam!

kishnabe
04-29-2010, 05:15 PM
I see him winning one more slam like the US open!

oy vey
04-29-2010, 06:01 PM
2-3 more slams, tops.

Underhand
04-30-2010, 05:23 AM
He's got a fluke one like Ivanović.

batz
04-30-2010, 09:01 AM
Novak will win several more slams IMO

soyizgood
04-30-2010, 09:21 AM
I'm tempted to add a poll.

Anaconda
04-30-2010, 09:23 AM
Novak will win several more slams IMO

Who's going to win the rest when Federer retires? Murray?

batz
04-30-2010, 09:25 AM
Who's going to win the rest when Federer retires? Murray?

This thread isn't about Murray.

NamRanger
04-30-2010, 09:33 AM

You have a habit of turning non-Murray threads into Murray threads.

rovex
04-30-2010, 09:37 AM

You have a habit of spewing your non-objective Roddick fanboy garbage + hatred in threads.

Anaconda
04-30-2010, 09:37 AM

I was just asking a question to you. It seems harsh to think Djokovic is only going to win 2 more slams when Federer retires.....

- Djokovic can beat Nadal on hard courts, and if he gets his act together he can challenge him on any surface. Plus Nadal will retire sooner rather than later

- He owns JMDP, the only other guy around Novak's age with a slam.

- Murray won't make slams consistently due to his constant defending + not enough weapons to make finals, Djokovic has the potential to do so but has ran into Federer many times.

- Cilic struggled to beat Roddick who couldn't serve and JMDP who was a zombie. Nuff said.

Anaconda
04-30-2010, 09:40 AM
You have a habit of spewing your non-objective Roddick fanboy garbage + hatred in threads.

Namranger is actually one of the better people in this clownhouse.

soyizgood
04-30-2010, 09:42 AM
Poll has been added. Better late than never.

batz
04-30-2010, 10:04 AM

And you have a habit of presenting uninformed opinon as fact. Maybe you could provide some examples of this habit of mine? Now bear in mind what you have just asserted:

A - that I have a habit i.e. I do something all the time

and

B - the something that I do is turning non-Murray threads into threads about Murray

Off you trot now - get searching. If your assertion is correct, and you haven't just made stuff up - there should be literally thousands of examples of me doing what you say I do.

batz
04-30-2010, 10:06 AM
I was just asking a question to you. It seems harsh to think Djokovic is only going to win 2 more slams when Federer retires.....

- Djokovic can beat Nadal on hard courts, and if he gets his act together he can challenge him on any surface. Plus Nadal will retire sooner rather than later

- He owns JMDP, the only other guy around Novak's age with a slam.

- Murray won't make slams consistently due to his constant defending + not enough weapons to make finals, Djokovic has the potential to do so but has ran into Federer many times.

- Cilic struggled to beat Roddick who couldn't serve and JMDP who was a zombie. Nuff said.

You clearly don't understand the meaning of the word several.

You do realise how daft you look arguing that Murray can't make slam finals regularly, given that since he made top six nearly two years ago, only Roger Federer has made more slam finals than Murray?

shaysrebelII
04-30-2010, 10:07 AM
I think he'll win another one. More and more often, I see people penciling in the young guns (like Cilic) to win the hard court slams, or at least go deep in them. To me, Djoker is a better bet than they are, but if he continues his mediocre streak at slams, that could change.

Anaconda
04-30-2010, 10:11 AM

More that one, but not that many. Clearly i do!

ksbh
04-30-2010, 10:15 AM
With Djokovic losing early relative to last year, he is going to lose points. If Rafa defends successfully, how much does he close in on No .2?

I really want to see a Nadal-Federer final at the FO!

NamRanger
04-30-2010, 10:18 AM
And you have a habit of presenting uninformed opinon as fact. Maybe you could provide some examples of this habit of mine? Now bear in mind what you have just asserted:

A - that I have a habit i.e. I do something all the time

and

B - the something that I do is turning non-Murray threads into threads about Murray

Off you trot now - get searching. If your assertion is correct, and you haven't just made stuff up - there should be literally thousands of examples of me doing what you say I do.

Hahaha, someone is so mad that he gets called out.

Clearly someone is mad that their player is not living up to the hype.

Anaconda
04-30-2010, 10:19 AM

You do realise how daft you look arguing that Murray can't make slam finals regularly, given that since he made top six nearly two years ago, only Roger Federer has made more slam finals than Murray?

So does this make Murray's slam resume more impressive than Nadal's?

AO 2009 - 4th round
FO 2009 - QF
W - SF
US - 3rd round

Murray only has two slam runners up and one win. He has the weakest slam resume in the top 5.

batz
04-30-2010, 10:19 AM
More that one, but not that many. Clearly i do!

Oh dear. I believe the term that the young ones on the interwebs use is Epic Fail.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/several

http://ardictionary.com/Several/5479

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/several

Cleary you don't understand the meaning of several. For clarity - as you are clearly hard of thinking tonight, I predict Novak will win at least 2 more slams and possibly 4 or 5 more i.e. several.

NamRanger
04-30-2010, 10:21 AM

Roddick fanboy? You mean when I called him Murray 2.0 when he lost to John Isner at the USO right?

rovex
04-30-2010, 10:22 AM
^^You should refrain from lecturing Anaconda. He's already exposed himself as not being the brightest match in the box while never making any sense in any discussion.

Cesc Fabregas
04-30-2010, 10:23 AM
The way Djokovic has played in the past year he ain't winning slams anytime soon.

Anaconda
04-30-2010, 10:23 AM

No! Batz is just bitter that Djokovic has..............

- A higher ranking than Murray
- Better slam results
- Better MS results
- More game and potential in his pinky than Murray does in his whole game.

Cesc Fabregas
04-30-2010, 10:24 AM

- Better slam results
- Better MS results

Do you have to agree with everything NamRanger says?

Anaconda
04-30-2010, 10:25 AM
^^You should refrain from lecturing Anaconda. He's already exposed himself as not being the brightest match in the box while never making any sense in any discussion.

Sorry, i'm not the poster in double digits posting 24/7 on an internet forum talking about how Verdasco is god. Get a life!!!

PWNED!!!

Kthxbye

Anaconda
04-30-2010, 10:26 AM

That's not really agreeing with someone, to be honest. It's just fact that Djokovic has more potential than Murray.

And no, i don't agree with anyone about any topic. I agree with me!

rovex
04-30-2010, 10:27 AM

Roddick fanboys have to stick together, you know? Although in this case Anaconda is the puppet.

batz
04-30-2010, 10:28 AM
So does this make Murray's slam resume more impressive than Nadal's?
AO 2009 - 4th round
FO 2009 - QF
W - SF
US - 3rd round

Murray only has two slam runners up and one win. He has the weakest slam resume in the top 5.

No wonder you like Namranger so much - you and him are the Strawman Kings.

WTF does Rafa's slam record have to do with your assertion that Murray can't make slam finals regularly?

WTF does Murray's slam record versus the rest of the top 5 have to do with your assertion that Murray can't make slam finals regularly?

Both of these points are strawmen. And pretty poor strawmen at that.

Fact - Since Murray entered the top 6 nearly two years ago, nobody except Roger Federer has made more slam finals than Andy Murray.

Also a fact - Novak Djokovic has a better overall slam record than Andy Murray.

Only one of these facts has any bearing on the assertion that 'Andy Murray can't make slam finals regularly'.

rovex
04-30-2010, 10:30 AM
talking about how Verdasco is god.

All talk but no substance, pulling at straws seems to be the case with you. Just reiterating the fact that you haven't got much inside that peanut brain of yours...

batz
04-30-2010, 10:31 AM
That's not really agreeing with someone, to be honest. It's just fact that Djokovic has more potential than Murray.

And no, i don't agree with anyone about any topic. I agree with me!

You really should stop using words you don't understand - it makes you look thicker than a whale omelette. It is your opinion that Murray has less potential than Novak. It is not a fact.

batz
04-30-2010, 10:37 AM

:)

No - I'm having fun showing you up for what you are - someone who just makes stuff up. You do make stuff up dontcha Nam - stuff like I have a habit of turning non-Murray threads into threads about Murray.

There's are several words for people who make stuff up. I'll let others decide which one best applies to you.

batz
04-30-2010, 10:41 AM

- Better slam results
- Better MS results

Yep - I'm bitter about Novak. That's why I posted that he'll win 2-5 more slams. I'm full of hate for the guy.

You're not making a lot of sense tonight kid.

ksbh
04-30-2010, 10:51 AM
LOL, last I checked, it was the guy named after a snake and Namranger that dragged Murray into this. And Batz is reponsible for it?

Ranger, maybe your time will be better spent telling Roddick why he's got to stop talking like the best thing he can do is shine Federer's shoes!

soyizgood
06-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Bump. At this rate, it wouldn't surprise me to see Soderling with more slams than him.

rovex
06-02-2010, 11:57 AM
That's why I posted that he'll win 2-5 more slams.

5 slams? Now you're being a bit too generous...

soyizgood
06-08-2010, 11:13 AM
^^^ 5 slams is definitely pushing it. I'm not sure he'll even make 5 slam finals for as long as Nadal holds up.

AM95
06-08-2010, 12:02 PM

mono

10 char.

Ripster
06-08-2010, 01:27 PM
He'll win more than one I'm sure. Even playing his absolute worst tennis he still makes the quarterfinals of slams. If he can just regain some of his old form those quarters will all of a sudden turn into semis and finals. He's young, he'll get his chances in the future. I predict 3-4 slams.

samprasvsfederer123
06-08-2010, 01:28 PM
you people are stupid for saying yes. hes what 22 or 23 still has like 8 years in him. is a challenge for nadal in hard courts. and with luck can beat people, e.g. federer mono.

novak will win more grand slams.

soyizgood
07-02-2010, 09:31 AM
What's Djokovic's excuse now?

jamesblakefan#1
07-02-2010, 11:15 AM
He'll never win a slam again.

Berundi
07-02-2010, 11:18 AM
AO08 was a total fluke.

soyizgood
09-13-2010, 06:01 PM
Oh the pain...

MaiDee
09-14-2010, 04:32 AM
What's Djokovic's excuse now?

No excuse, Nadal was better. And excuse for what? For playing US final, or for change place with Federer in direct match.

PSNELKE
09-14-2010, 04:37 AM
I sadly think he is a "one slam wonder".

MaiDee
09-14-2010, 04:47 AM
Maybe he will maybe will not. It's very hard to win Slam in Federer-Nadal era but I have feeling that he will play finals whenever he play against Federer in semi. And I am not happy about that.

RogerRacket111
09-14-2010, 07:41 AM
I think he will win more Slams he is very young and he has the game. He has had a shaky year and came back strong. He will be able to put it together.

jamesblakefan#1
01-30-2011, 09:50 AM
He'll never win a slam again.

Great prediction as usual. :oops:

fedtastic
01-30-2011, 09:51 AM
LOL at those who voted Yes, muhahahaha.

FlamEnemY
01-30-2011, 10:08 AM

I'm very glad you make crappy predictions. :P

SBD
01-30-2011, 10:53 AM

THIS PREDICTION = EPIC FAIL

kishnabe
01-30-2011, 11:44 AM
I see him winning one more slam like the US open!

I change my opninion...he winning a few more up to 4-5 slams total!

Tony48
02-03-2012, 04:33 AM
Legendary predictions, guys :)

Seany
02-03-2012, 04:35 AM
So many banned members lol

boredone3456
02-03-2012, 04:38 AM
For a while I felt he would only win 1, or if he were to win another it wouldn't lead to amazing run he has had since the 2011 Australian Open. He has just taken his game to such a different level, no one saw it coming, especially in the wake of the 2010 Rafa had. No one at the end of 2010 would have bet on Novak having the year he did in 2011, no one. Anyone who says they would have well, if they really did they would be insanely rich because the odds were totally against it. Credit to Novak though, he stepped it up and from the look of things right now, it wasn't just a one year stampede, I'm happy to see it, he has always had the talent to be an amazing player instead of just a really good, its finally been realized

Tammo
02-03-2012, 04:54 AM
Djokovic 1.0 is a one slam wonder
Djokovic 2.0 is the GOAT

krz
02-03-2012, 05:02 AM

haha I have to give you props for bumping this thread by calling out yourself.

tennis_pro
02-03-2012, 05:04 AM
He's now a 5-slam wonder.

soyizgood
02-03-2012, 06:19 AM
It took Djokovic 3 years to get his 2nd slam. During that time Fedal won virtually all the slams, with Del Potro picking up scraps.

Thank the gluten-free diet, Federer being past his prime, Nadal being a pigeon, and Murray still a bye for all of the big 3 in majors. So my question was answered but it took Djokovic quite a while to respond.

NadalAgassi
02-03-2012, 07:45 AM
I would have predicted about 4 slams. 1 was always silly since Federer and Nadal werent going to be in their primes forever and Djokovic was still a contender, winning many Masters and other events. I would have never predicted what it looks like his career is going to turn into now. As boredone said nobody would have, and anyone who says they would have are flat out lying (including his ardent slams).

vive le beau jeu !
02-03-2012, 07:59 AM
It took Djokovic 3 years to get his 2nd slam.
it can be noticed that it also took 3 years to another great player to win his 2nd slam, before winning many more. ;)
(and in-between, this guy also won the year-end masters... as the djoker)

but won't be easy to win as many slams...

FlamEnemY
02-03-2012, 08:09 AM
^ With the speed he is racking them up, I guess he has *some* chance to reach double digits. But it's doubtful.

celoft
02-03-2012, 08:15 AM
it can be noticed that it also took 3 years to another great player to win his 2nd slam, before winning many more. ;)
(and in-between, this guy also won the year-end masters... as the djoker)

but won't be easy to win as many slams...

14 like Sampras seems too much. Sampras was 22 in 1993 while Djokovic was 24 in 2011. 2 years can make the difference of 4 slams.

10 slams for Djokovic........................

heftylefty
02-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Best Bumped Thread Ever!!

stormholloway
02-03-2012, 09:55 AM
Kudos from calling soy out. Let's dig up all those threads saying Nadal could never win Wimbledon too.

soyizgood
02-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Kudos from calling soy out. Let's dig up all those threads saying Nadal could never win Wimbledon too.

LOL. You obviously didn't read the title of the thread. I asked a question. I didn't make a declaration so this thread bump was pointless.

veroniquem
02-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Bump. At this rate, it wouldn't surprise me to see Soderling with more slams than him.

Lol funniest post in the thread :)

jamesblakefan#1
02-03-2012, 11:41 AM
LOL. You obviously didn't read the title of the thread. I asked a question. I didn't make a declaration so this thread bump was pointless.

Not a declaration?

^^^ 5 slams is definitely pushing it. I'm not sure he'll even make 5 slam finals for as long as Nadal holds up.

Come on, own up. I did, it doesn't hurt as bad as you think. :)

As epically correct my prediction about Pova has been so far, my epic fail predictions about Djoker have cancelled that out.

Legend of Borg
02-03-2012, 11:58 AM
People smack talking too much about a thread made 3 years ago.

Things back then did not look to good for Nole in the slam department and no one could have predicted the events which happened last year.