PDA

View Full Version : Federer should soon be knighted

psYcon
06-07-2009, 05:58 PM
He should be referred to as Sir Roger Federer.

He is the object of adulation for millions, he's the most perfect tennis player ever, and finally he's also the most respective tennis superstar amongst his peers.

To not knight him after his greatest achievement ever, would be an insult.

Chelsea_Kiwi
06-07-2009, 06:01 PM

He is the object of adulation for millions, he's the most perfect tennis player ever, and finally he's also the most respective tennis superstar amongst his peers.

To not knight him after his greatest achievement ever, would be an insult. Lol he can't be knighted can he?

adidas_wilson
06-07-2009, 06:05 PM
His mother is South African. So I can't see why not?

icedevil0289
06-07-2009, 06:08 PM
okay I'm just as happy as you are that roger won, but this is a bit too much. It almost makes me want to gag. No offense to the OP.

Morrissey
06-07-2009, 06:10 PM

What a difference this forum is in June compared to January when everyone wanted to destroy Fed.

adidas_wilson
06-07-2009, 06:11 PM
okay I'm just as happy as you are that roger won, but this is a bit too much. It almost makes me want to gag. No offense to the OP.

Agreed, but as I stated with his mother being South African. I think it is his birthright. No reason he can't be. But in saying that. I too think it is a little pre-mature..

zagor
06-07-2009, 06:12 PM

Please stop,this is just too silly..

adidas_wilson
06-07-2009, 06:12 PM
What a difference this forum is in June compared to January when everyone wanted to destroy Fed.

Two words. Jumping & Bandwagon ;)

icedevil0289
06-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Two words. Jumping & Bandwagon ;)

ah yes. I can guarantee the same people who are screaming "Roger is goat and yada yada" will most likely be the same people who will be calling him trash when he loses a big match again.

BullDogTennis
06-07-2009, 06:20 PM

ok honestly...if they knighted elton john, the queer...federer deserves it WAY more than him...

charliefedererer
06-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Federer should soon be knighted

But can he really represent the Crown with as much dignity as Sir Mick Jagger?

icedevil0289
06-07-2009, 06:23 PM
ok honestly...if they knighted elton john, the queer...federer deserves it WAY more than him...

:roll::roll:

valiant
06-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Its amazing how people come with these different titles for Federer. I could never have thought of him being Knighted. LOL. Be happy that he has won the french open and hope for the best for the future.

charliefedererer
06-07-2009, 06:24 PM

Jerry Seinfeld wants to know "And what's wrong with that?"

charliefedererer
06-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Federer should soon be knighted

But he won the FRENCH Open.
So shouldn't his award be a French kiss on both cheeks?

BullDogTennis
06-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Jerry Seinfeld wants to know "And what's wrong with that?"

ha, i dont know how to answer that...i used to watch seinfeld ALL the time, but i dont remember that one!

oberyn
06-07-2009, 07:09 PM

January? They were still calling for his retirement early last month when he lost to Djokovic in Rome.

Docalex007
06-07-2009, 07:27 PM
:roll::roll:

What's wrong with that? Elton John is openly queer.

icedevil0289
06-07-2009, 07:30 PM
What's wrong with that? Elton John is openly queer.

No, it was just that he made it seem like a bad thing that elton john, who is gay, was knighted. Sorry never liked the word queer.

Breaker
06-07-2009, 07:34 PM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/IHTennis/fergiscum.gif

^^ That man was knighted.

Do you really want to insult Federer by putting him in the same light?

lawrence
06-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Sir Roger Federer does have a ring to it haha.
i guess they did knight Sir Donald Bradman, and fed is quite an internationally liked character, as well as looking very gentlemen like and being fluent in a few languages

and for all its worth, tennis > cricket
but the poms may not think so :( haha

BreakPoint
06-07-2009, 08:31 PM
I'd say that if Federer manages to win 8 Wimbledons, thereby breaking Sampras's record of 7, then he should indeed be knighted. :)

Ronny
06-07-2009, 08:36 PM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/IHTennis/fergiscum.gif

^^ That man was knighted.

Do you really want to insult Federer by putting him in the same light?

u havent seen federer rage b4? go back to miami when he played djoko...

Camnation
06-07-2009, 08:55 PM
OMG... I can't believe this kind of intolerance still exists. :(