PDA

View Full Version : Academy help!!! -pronto i need to sign up

baseline08thrasher
06-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Okay so I talked to my coach and he told me to go to Spain if I wanted the best tennis academy experience. Well that's kind of hard for two weeks, and my mother would have to go, and it would be really boring for her to be by herself for such a long time, and basically be surrounded by people she cannot communicate with.. However I will be going to Sanchez-casal Spain NEXT summer for two weeks or which ever academy is *poppin* with the top juniors, because some of them tend to move around. So for this Summer I will be going to Florida to get in some good training. I am a really passionate tennis player, I'm 15 and i've been rated by a coach that I am at the 5.5 level. I would like to hear your experiences with academies around Florida.

I'm looking for the best improvement possible, no matter how hard it is. I don't really care, I just want to up my game to that next level.

Thank you so much.

I've been searching this for a long time, and have gotten so many mixed reviews.

I've already heard abut Bollettieri numerous times, but I'm not really sure what to believe. I've heard that people have come back from their training and have improved greatly, and people ****ed because they didn't get onto the "top court" to train with the "gifted" players.

I've also heard about Saddlebrook, Evert, and sanchez-casal.

I'm leaning towards Bollettieri and Sanchez-Casal Naples, clearly based on what I've heard.

I also want to make sure that the compettition is really good, and I will be playing some top knotch juniors. This is one of the main reasons why I am traveling. I've been to academies around So. California, and I just need a new level of compettition.

THANKS AGAIN. Sorry for the long post, I just have to get everything in.

pcpshortbus
06-09-2009, 06:56 PM
i saw that no one has given you any info so i thought id share what i know. i live in south florida. i have not been to bollettieri, sanchez cassal, or any other "high performance" tennis academy. the truth is, most tennis spots in florida (especially the south) have good programs. you said you play some big junior tournaments coming up, what kind of tournaments?