PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY Federer played with FLARE and ARROGANCE!!!!

Pretty-Boy
06-08-2009, 04:23 AM
Well he did in his strokes there was flare and arrogance about his shots. The way he ends up after hitting a shot u know!!

Phil
06-08-2009, 05:38 AM
I think you wrote this because you wanted to, you know, somehow get the words "flair" and "arrogance" into a post. Roger ALWAYS plays that way, as long as he's not playing Nadal (when he plays with timidity and indecisiveness). The thing is, and I'm not "bashing" Fed ('cause I'm glad he won-I wanted him to win)-it's not difficult to play with flair and arrogance against a guy who you've totally owned over the years (lifetime 9-0 record against RS).

supersmash
06-08-2009, 06:01 AM
Phil, your post clearly depicted the OP's arrogance toward The Man's game. You wrote it with much flair.

Dedans Penthouse
06-08-2009, 06:11 AM
Well he did in his strokes there was flare and arrogance about his shots. The way he ends up after hitting a shot u know!!
Yeah, Federer at times of 'arrogance' wears a "scruntched-up face" that could be described as a 'clentched fist'. Yesterday Fed knew even walking out onto the court that HE was Batman and Robin was going to be....well, just Robin. Had Mirka not been in the stands, Soderling would've been better off bringing a tube of lubricant with him out onto Court Central.

If at all possible, check out an up-and-coming Federer in the 2001 Davis Cup match in Basal against the US's Jan Michael Gimball. Walking onto the court, Federer with a quasi-sneer projected "I'm your daddy, pretty boy!" .... and by the end of the day, the game but totally-inept-at-net Gambill was chopped liver.

Sidebar: during that February, 2001 tie, Federer also played against arguably the worst American doubles tandem in Davis Cup history: Jan Michael Gimball ("the man who couldn't volley") and Justin Gimmelstob ("the man who couldn't move").