PDA

View Full Version : Nadal, Sampras, Tiger Woods & Emerson's comments

vtmike
06-08-2009, 05:51 AM
Here are some interesting comments... :)

Rafael Nadal, in a telephone interview with Spanish journalists: "Federer is the one who deserves it the most."

Nadal said he did not watch the final -- "when I'm at home I don't often watch matches" -- but said he planned to text his congratulations to Federer. "Not now because he'll have 300 waiting for him."

Pete Sampras (now tied with Federer at 14 majors), speaking to ATPWorldTour.com: "I didn't think it would only take seven years to tie it. It feels like I'm in good company with Roger. If there was someone I would want to be tied with and maybe one day my record to be broken, I hoped it would be someone like Roger... now, I know it's a different sport, he might have his eyes on (Jack) Nicklaus' 18 Grand Slam record."

...to Tennis.com: "This puts him at the top, as the greatest player in my eyes. But you have to be fair to Nadal, too. Rafa's just in the beginning stages of his career, but he has a good record against Roger. So what happens in the next couple of years could be real interesting."

Tiger Woods (also now tied with Federer at 14 majors), speaking with reporters after winning the Memorial tournament: "He was impressive to watch. Talked to him a little bit yesterday and a little this morning. It's just phenomenal just how he's moving again. He's not hurt. He was hurt for a while there. His back was bothering him, and then he had the whole mono thing last year and had to deal with that. It's just truly remarkable when he gets it going. He just hits shots that nobody else can hit. It's fun to watch.

"I was pulling for him. I was as nervous as can be for him. A couple times there, Soderling had break point in the third set. Roger is up a break, and I'm like don't lose this break. I was yelling at the TV, the whole deal. You know, it's fun to watch your friends go out there and play and compete. I get just as nervous doing that because they're my friends.

Roy Emerson (one of the six other men to complete the career Slam), speaking to newjerseynewsroom.com: "I believe he is [the greatest]. Now that heís won a major on all surfaces, you canít really argue with it.

"I mean, itís hard to say because youíre comparing different eras with different equipment, different styles, different conditions. But I think after [Sunday], heís certainly made a really good case. What heís done is a great achievement."

http://www.tennis.com/news/ticker.aspx

Cesc Fabregas
06-08-2009, 05:52 AM
Enough with the Federer threads.

vtmike
06-08-2009, 05:57 AM

Glad you enjoyed it! :)

myservenow
06-08-2009, 07:09 AM
Hey vtmike:

Thanks for the post, it answered two questions that I still had about the final: what did Nadal say and if Tiger Woods had watched it.

vtmike
06-08-2009, 07:20 AM
Hey vtmike:

Thanks for the post, it answered two questions that I still had about the final: what did Nadal say and if Tiger Woods had watched it.

Your welcome...

icedevil0289
06-08-2009, 10:40 AM
Here's what roddick said on his twitter:

"props to fed.... that's an unreal accomplishment and puts and end to the GOAT question in my humble opinion"

"Yeah either that or knowing how tough this game is firsthand, and giving credit where credit is due.... if that makes me a "fed apologist" then i am guilty as charged... i was a fan of tennis long before i was a pro, and have an appreciation of the history of our game."

Roddick http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/mtf/images/smilies/notworthy.gif

drakulie
06-08-2009, 10:44 AM
From the Ft. Lauderdale Times:

"Even before he won the French Open yesterday, he is the greatest player (between the lines) to ever play tennis. Every win he gets from here on out, is just another exclamation point that adds certainty to this fact." ~Drakulie, TW GOAT

mandy01
06-08-2009, 10:47 AM
From the Ft. Lauderdale Times:

"Even before he won the French Open yesterday, he is the greatest player (between the lines) to ever play tennis. Every win he gets from here on out, is just another exclamation point that adds certainty to this fact." ~Drakulie, TW GOAT
:lol: :lol: :lol:

malakas
06-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Soderling also said that he's the greatest player ever.Also Santoro.

vtmike
06-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Tiger Woods & Bill Gates are *******s!... LOL

vtmike
06-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Soderling also said that he's the greatest player ever.Also Santoro.

John McEnroe, Agassi...

Cesc Fabregas
06-08-2009, 10:50 AM
John McEnroe, Agassi...

McEnroe changes his opinion every 2 minutes.

icedevil0289
06-08-2009, 10:50 AM
John McEnroe, Agassi...

What a bunch of bandwagoners/gloryhunters

TBobLP
06-08-2009, 10:51 AM
what's with all the pro athletes texting eachother now? this has got to be the third time ive heard about somebody texting federer in the past 24 hours...including sampras

icedevil0289
06-08-2009, 10:53 AM
what's with all the pro athletes texting eachother now? this has got to be the third time ive heard about somebody texting federer in the past 24 hours...including sampras

A don't think it's anything recent. I think a lot of pro athletes text each other if one person wins a big tournament.

DarthFed
06-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Tiger knows the terminology...me and him must have been shouting the same thing:

"DON'T LOSE THIS ****ING BREAK"

RCizzle65
06-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Lots of people were randomly at the final, Eva Longoria, Tony Parker, Bill Gates

FlamEnemY
06-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Hey, Bill Gates is actually a fan, I don't believe he was random :)

The_Question
06-08-2009, 11:16 AM

Why? With all them Nadal threads after Australian Open, these threads only seems fitting...