ATXtennisaddict
06-08-2009, 07:25 AM
words, marked.

Stinkdyr
Sod or Murray will win it this year.

grafselesfan
Next person who wants to embarass himself apparently.

raiden031
06-08-2009, 07:29 AM
Did anyone have a 'mark my words' thread about Fed winning RG prior to the start of the tourney?

kevinrose
06-08-2009, 07:31 AM
LOL is he the same guy who said: 'Mark my word: "Andy Murray will win Roland Garros 2009"?'

I'd say Federer FTW

P_Agony
06-08-2009, 07:36 AM
There are at least 10 players who I think are better grass players than Novak. Novak, other than Nadal, was the most hyped player to win Roland Garros, look what happenned there, and look what happenned at Wimbly last year. I don't even see him reaching the final, but who knows....

Andres
06-08-2009, 07:47 AM
I wouldn't mind Murray winning Wimby and Djokovic winning the USO, having four different slam winners this year :)

rommil
06-08-2009, 07:49 AM
It's his destiny

Safin will beat Novak using between the leg shots the whole match.

DarthFed
06-08-2009, 07:50 AM
I wouldn't mind Murray winning Wimby and Djokovic winning the USO, having four different slam winners this year

Not only would that be cool..if it goes that order then it would match rankings as well lmao

P_Agony
06-08-2009, 07:51 AM
I wouldn't mind Murray winning Wimby and Djokovic winning the USO, having four different slam winners this year :)

I wouldn't mind Murray winning Wimbly either, but I really want Federer to win his 6th consecutive US Open. He always seems to find his tennis there. Plus, I see Del Potro passing Djokovic in the rankings as early as the end of this year. Del Potro is playing bettter than Djokovic, has more solid results so far, and I won't be surprised if he reaches far in Wimbeldon with that improved serve of his and super solid ground game.

theduh
06-08-2009, 08:28 AM
It's his destiny

Marked, hope this is not a failed thread.

killer
06-08-2009, 08:28 AM
So if Novak is going to improve anything this year (with the hope of getting past the 2nd or 3rd rd), what does it have to be? He's done well at Queen's in the past, and is switching this year to Halle. Perhaps hoping for a Federer scalp going in to the Big W to bolster the confidence?
I'm not a fan of Novak, but I can certainly appreciate that he plays a big game that, on paper, should translate well to grass. he's got great, flat groundies when needed, and he's got good reach as well. What does he need to do to get to the later rounds?

PimpMyGame
06-08-2009, 08:46 AM
It's his destiny

Are you gj011?

theduh
06-08-2009, 08:49 AM
Are you gj011?

I don't think so, I saw them posting on the same thread one time.

zagor
06-08-2009, 09:06 AM
I don't think he will but anything's possible in tennis.Djokovic is after all #4 in the world so he has a shot I guess.

vtmike
06-08-2009, 09:08 AM
Its possible but if he doesn't, you might have to face the same fate as the OP who started the thread below...:D

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=254708

Telepatic
06-08-2009, 09:10 AM
After Soderling thing, everyone can win anything now lol

kraggy
06-08-2009, 09:14 AM
I wholeheartedly endorse this thread :-) I really want Nole to step it up at Wimby. OP, there is not a very strong chance of this happening but if it does, me and you will be creating 10 threads when the day comes :D.

kobe3pointer
06-08-2009, 02:20 PM
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x48/muppet1010/persistent-fail.jpg

JeMar
06-08-2009, 02:23 PM
The better question is if he'll get past the round of 16 this year.

There's like 5 players that have just as much game on grass and twice as much heart as Djokovic right now.

thalivest
06-08-2009, 02:23 PM
If he even makes the semis this year at Wimbledon it would be a major achievement.

samster
06-08-2009, 02:24 PM
I doubt it.

The joker is more concerned about his endorsement deals than winning at grand slam tournaments right now.

VivalaVida
06-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Word Bro. I wouldnt mind if Novak wins.

GraniteHoosier
06-08-2009, 03:00 PM
In some ways maybe this is the slam where his conditioning wouldn't make as much difference (cool weather, short points). That said I wouldn't bank on it this year, considering the one time he made a run he retired in the SF didn't he?

zagor
06-08-2009, 03:05 PM
In some ways maybe this is the slam where his conditioning wouldn't make as much difference (cool weather, short points). That said I wouldn't bank on it this year, considering the one time he made a run he retired in the SF didn't he?

Yes but he was really spending a ton of hours on court and wasn't having much rest in between.I think it would have been though even for guys with better stamina than Novak to cope with it.

thalivest
06-08-2009, 03:14 PM
I wouldnt call Djokovic's actual result at Wimbledon until I see his draw. There are certainly lower ranked players he has more trouble with than others, so on a surface where he isnt the formidableness of hard courts his draw will be especialy important. The only know I know is I would not pick him to go past the semis with any draw (barring maybe a Nadal WD) as he is certain to be in Federer or Nadal's half, and I would never pick him to beat either on grass at this point. If he has one or more of Roddick, Tsonga, Soderling, Del Potro, Verdasco, Gonzalez, or even a Gulbis in his quarter I think it spells trouble for him. The earlier he plays one the bigger trouble it is. Roddick and Tsonga most of all. The more he stays clear of that group of players, the better his chances are to make it to the semis or closer to it.

zagor
06-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Tsonga and Roddick builded some confidence against Novak lately,no question about it so those guys will be tough for him if he runs into them.Verdasco and Gonzales I'm confident Novak could handle,Gulbis as well.

DarthMaul
06-08-2009, 03:20 PM
No, you are wrong. Fabrice Santoro will win it!
Oh wait, he retired!

Heck, only one remains: Chuck Norris!

thalivest
06-08-2009, 03:21 PM
Tsonga and Roddick builded some confidence against Novak lately,no question about it so those guys will be tough for him if he runs into them.Verdasco and Gonzales I'm confident Novak could handle,Gulbis as well.

We will see. 2 of his last 4 slams he has been straight setted out of the event early by a washed up/nearly retired Safin and Koehlschreiber, so I would overestimate the potential dangers rather than underestimate for the time being, especialy on IMO his worst surface.

zagor
06-08-2009, 03:24 PM
We will see. 2 of his last 4 slams he has been straight setted out of the event early by a washed up/nearly retired Safin and Koehlschreiber, so I would overestimate the potential dangers rather than underestimate for the time being, especialy on IMO his worst surface.

Yeah Novak has been pretty vulnerable to upsets in slams lately so you have a point.But still I don't expect Novak to lose in early rounds in 2 slams in a row so I'm more afraid of guys like Tsonga and Roddick who fully expect to beat Novak when they step on court now.

JeMar
06-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Tsonga and Roddick builded some confidence against Novak lately,no question about it so those guys will be tough for him if he runs into them.Verdasco and Gonzales I'm confident Novak could handle,Gulbis as well if he gets past the second round of a tournament for the first time this year.

Fixed that for ya! :)

malakas
06-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Mark my words: "Marcos Baghdatis will win Wimbledon 2009"

It's his destiny
:)

Dream_On
06-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Final

Federer Def Djokovic 6 - 0 6 - 7 (9) 6 -4 7 - 5

Dream_On
06-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Mark my words: "Marcos Baghdatis will win Wimbledon 2009"

It's his destiny
:)

Mark my words
"Lopez, Stepanek, Kiefer and Haas will all win Wimbledon 2009"

its their destiny

Beasty54
06-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Andy Roddick will win Wimbledon this year.

Mark my words.

CountryHillbilly
06-09-2009, 01:55 AM
He has to evade Roddick, Safin ,and Tsonga. He can get to semis probably, but I'm not sure after that. At least it will not be hot at Wimby.

Leublu tennis
06-09-2009, 02:03 AM
I wouldn't mind Murray winning Wimbly either, but I really want Federer to win his 6th consecutive US Open. He always seems to find his tennis there. Plus, I see Del Potro passing Djokovic in the rankings as early as the end of this year. Del Potro is playing bettter than Djokovic, has more solid results so far, and I won't be surprised if he reaches far in Wimbeldon with that improved serve of his and super solid ground game.I think its too late this year for Del Potro to make a move to #4. We are about to enter the part of the year where he gained most of his points last year and will not have too many new places to find more points. All Djokovic has to do is play a mediocre level of tennis (semis and such) and their difference of some 3,000 points will not shrink significantly.

LT

jelle v
06-09-2009, 02:06 AM
Mark my words.. Federer will win wimbledon this year..

Leublu tennis
06-09-2009, 02:21 AM
Are you gj011?Coke has been here since January. He would have a more recent membership.

Leublu tennis
06-09-2009, 02:23 AM
That does not mean that much. There was a recent post by "two" guys, very long posts, with only minor changes between the two, as if these were two drafts of the same post. Really funny.

swedechris
06-09-2009, 02:26 AM
It's his destiny

Maybe in mixed doubles... else zilch.

PimpMyGame
06-09-2009, 02:45 AM
Are you gj011?

Coke has been here since January. He would have a more recent membership.

Clearly my question looked more serious than it was!

Hot Sauce
06-09-2009, 02:46 AM
Another one of these "mark my words" threads that die down, turn out to be wrong, and then are bumped to rub it in the OP's face for being wrong.

Leublu tennis
06-09-2009, 03:09 AM
The better question is if he'll get past the round of 16 this year.

There's like 5 players that have just as much game on grass and twice as much heart as Djokovic right now.You've got to have heart!!! All you really need is heart!!

roysid
06-09-2009, 03:19 AM
Novak Djokovic will surely win Belgrade next year.

And maybe one of Paris Masters and London YEC.

CocaCola
06-09-2009, 04:04 AM
Wimbledon is my fav slam and Djoker is my fav player and + I have a good feeling about him on grass this year...so I just wanted to throw a little tension over here.

BTW I love all of your posts on this thread...

Destiny will arrive.

flying24
06-09-2009, 04:15 AM
Novak Djokovic will surely win Belgrade next year.

And maybe one of Paris Masters and London YEC.

My prediction now, Djokovic wont even win a Masters title this year, let alone a grand slam. He got lucky at the YEC last year. Davydenko choked their RR match otherwise he would have been out before the semis, with Tsonga advancing in his group over him. He was in the soft group with the injured hobbled Del Potro (toe injury), the sparatic Tsonga, and Davydenko. The other group had Federer, Murray, an in form Simon, and an in form Roddick, much tougher. In the semis Simon had tons of chances to beat him but blew it. Murray shouldnt have fought so hard to win that final RR over Federer, and was gassed as a result and ended up going out in the semis. Murray would have played Djokovic in the semis which would have been curtains for Djokovic, and even in the unlikely event he got past that there would have been Federer instead of big match chump Davydenko waiting in the final. In the final Djokovic just outplayed Davydenko that day, no doubt. He had alot of luck even reaching that point though. I doubt he will get that much fortune again and he doesnt have the confidence to beat the top guns now, unless they are also struggling and out of confidence at the time (eg- his two matches with Federer this year).

CocaCola
06-10-2009, 05:19 AM
My prediction now, Djokovic wont even win a Masters title this year, let alone a grand slam. He got lucky at the YEC last year. Davydenko choked their RR match otherwise he would have been out before the semis, with Tsonga advancing in his group over him. He was in the soft group with the injured hobbled Del Potro (toe injury), the sparatic Tsonga, and Davydenko. The other group had Federer, Murray, an in form Simon, and an in form Roddick, much tougher. In the semis Simon had tons of chances to beat him but blew it. Murray shouldnt have fought so hard to win that final RR over Federer, and was gassed as a result and ended up going out in the semis. Murray would have played Djokovic in the semis which would have been curtains for Djokovic, and even in the unlikely event he got past that there would have been Federer instead of big match chump Davydenko waiting in the final. In the final Djokovic just outplayed Davydenko that day, no doubt. He had alot of luck even reaching that point though. I doubt he will get that much fortune again and he doesnt have the confidence to beat the top guns now, unless they are also struggling and out of confidence at the time (eg- his two matches with Federer this year).
Than Federer was also lucky to win FO...c'mon this is one of the most pathetic posts on TW I've ever seen.

flying24
06-10-2009, 05:22 AM
Than Federer was also lucky to win FO...c'mon this is one of the most pathetic posts on TW I've ever seen.

It is harder to be lucky when you win 14 slams than when you win only 1. How can someone gauranteeing Djokovic to win Wimbledon this year accuse anyone of a "pathetic post", LOL!

RFtennis
06-10-2009, 05:40 AM
haha keep dreaming.

CocaCola
06-10-2009, 07:05 AM
It is harder to be lucky when you win 14 slams than when you win only 1. How can someone gauranteeing Djokovic to win Wimbledon this year accuse anyone of a "pathetic post", LOL!

nah, nah, nah...Well, he never won RG before so I still think he was very lucky, but I never mentoned it (I was very happy about him when I saw his reaction after the last point)...my point is that every title is a well deserved one and you can't underrate someone because you hate him (you went too far with those non-sense analisys of TMC).

Fed just might be the GOAT, but that will not stop Djoker at Wimby 09.

billnepill
06-10-2009, 07:21 AM
The only thing I will mark is this thread - to bring it up when Novak fails ;)

vtmike
06-11-2009, 04:55 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2cni5ck.gif

T1000
06-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Djokovic will follow Federer and get a career slam

in retirements

AllDownTheLine
06-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Five setters are way too much exertion for his body. He does way better on 3 setters like the WTA.

cork_screw
06-11-2009, 05:01 PM
That's weird, that statement is coming from someone with a Djokovic avatar.

Serendipitous
06-11-2009, 05:13 PM
He won't make it past the semi-finals.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
06-11-2009, 05:28 PM

Even better scenario (for tennis: ) MUrray wins Wimbledon and Nadal wins the USO. 2 players earn Career Slams and a Brit winning Wimbledon for the first time in years? In ONE YEAR? That could make this arguably the greatest year for tennis EVER.

jimbo333
06-11-2009, 05:30 PM
knocked out round 16 or quarter mark my words

Indeed........

Serendipitous
06-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Even better scenario (for tennis: ) MUrray wins Wimbledon and Nadal wins the USO. 2 players earn Career Slams and a Brit winning Wimbledon for the first time in years? In ONE YEAR? That could make this arguably the greatest year for tennis EVER.

+1

10 chars :cry:

S H O W S T O P P E R !
06-11-2009, 05:40 PM
+1

10 chars :cry:

I assume that was a typo on the cry emote?

Serendipitous
06-11-2009, 05:41 PM
I assume that was a typo on the cry emote?

No, I just cry a lot on these forums. :)

S H O W S T O P P E R !
06-11-2009, 05:52 PM
No, I just cry a lot on these forums. :)

You should probably look into that, get some professional help.

vtmike
06-12-2009, 02:35 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/13zaglw.gif

Blinkism
06-12-2009, 02:50 AM
It's his destiny

Solid reasoning. I agree.

I looked in my crystal ball the other day and it told me that Djokovic will win Wimbledon due to Federer, Nadal, Murray, Roddick, Hewitt, Santoro, Safin, Robredo, Ferrer, Tsonga, Donald Young, Kevin Kim, Amer Delic, Xavier Malisse, and Del Potro all simultaneously withdrawing from Wimbledon at the last second due to undisclosed injuries and general laziness.

Djokovic will face a qualifier from a 3rd world country and will manage to choke the first 2 sets before the qualifier retires due to a combination of a sore throat and a mild headache.

Djokovic will then be crowned GOAT by gj011 and all hell will break loose on the TW forums.

Just my prediction! Don't flame me for it, you *****!

vtmike
06-12-2009, 04:14 AM

I looked in my crystal ball the other day and it told me that Djokovic will win Wimbledon due to Federer, Nadal, Murray, Roddick, Hewitt, Santoro, Safin, Robredo, Ferrer, Tsonga, Donald Young, Kevin Kim, Amer Delic, Xavier Malisse, and Del Potro all simultaneously withdrawing from Wimbledon at the last second due to undisclosed injuries and general laziness.

Djokovic will face a qualifier from a 3rd world country and will manage to choke the first 2 sets before the qualifier retires due to a combination of a sore throat and a mild headache.

Djokovic will then be crowned GOAT by gj011 and all hell will break loose on the TW forums.

LMAO!! :lol:

theduh
06-12-2009, 07:03 AM

Funny post over all, but you don't need to put the bolded part. JMHO

dincuss
06-28-2009, 07:23 AM

WIN.
10CHAR

King_Grass
06-28-2009, 07:30 AM

That's really funny!... :D

ESP#1
06-28-2009, 08:59 AM
I think Novak has a chance, hes gotta bring it though, he needs to play like he played in the start of 08

Guru
06-28-2009, 09:13 AM
I would love to see Djokovic and Murray in a slam final
would be a great match but i can't see Novak beating Federer.

grafselesfan
06-28-2009, 09:45 AM
I would love to see Djokovic and Murray in a slam final
would be a great match but i can't see Novak beating Federer.

I dont think it would be a great match at all. Djokovic has been struggling badly with Murray for a year now, and each time they play it seems more heavily in Murray's favor. Federer-Murray would be the best final in terms of competitiveness, as much as I hate Federer.

TheTruth
06-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Djokovic - Murray final. Win-win for me!

maximo
06-28-2009, 10:03 AM
I would love to see Djokovic beat Federer in the semi's.

mandy01
06-28-2009, 10:47 AM
Cant count Djokovic out regardless of what anyone thinks..he's been looking solid as Wimbledon progresses and was on fire in his third round match.

gj011
06-28-2009, 10:51 AM
Nice thread. I hope that indeed happens.

NadalandFedererfan
06-28-2009, 10:52 AM
ROTFL fools thread!

joeri888
06-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Don't really see it happening but his first week was good for his confidence I think. Not many problems and played well. He's an outsider still though. It would be monumental if he beats both Federer and Murray

FlamEnemY
06-28-2009, 01:16 PM
I wouldn't mind him winning Wimbledon. Then again, I'm kinda rooting for Federer to get his 15th so I don't know who I want to win in the semifinal IF they both get there.

Ripster
06-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Always got to believe.

King_Grass
06-28-2009, 04:34 PM

I would love to see Andy Roddick beat Andy O. Murray in the semi's.

chris
06-29-2009, 09:19 PM
i hope he can get at least one more slam

NadalandFedererfan
06-29-2009, 09:28 PM
i hope he can get at least one more slam

He probably will. In 2012 or so. If he retires with 2 he will have overachieved given that most players with 2 slams are slightly more talented but far mentally tougher than he is.

NadalandFedererfan
07-01-2009, 08:27 AM
Yeah right, what a joke!

joeri888
07-01-2009, 08:29 AM
Seriously N&Ffan, you are one of the biggest Djokovic haters I've ever seen. This thread was ridiculous anyway, but I see you really almost solely post crap about how talentless novak is.

lambielspins
07-01-2009, 08:32 AM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/atlarge/epic_fail.jpg

vtmike
07-01-2009, 08:43 AM
http://blogs.nitobi.com/alexei/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/shipment_of_fail.jpg

vtmike
07-01-2009, 08:45 AM
Lol .

Andres
07-01-2009, 08:45 AM
knocked out round 16 or quarter mark my words
Good call ;)

valiant
07-01-2009, 08:48 AM
Where do u get this Fail pics from.I liked the ship one.

FedFan_2009
07-01-2009, 08:49 AM
Lulz... Too bad, try again next year Nole!

フェデラー
07-01-2009, 08:52 AM
hahahah 2nd loss in a row for the djoker against haas. i mean djokovic has to be the biggest choker. up 6-3 in the tie break comes to net at set point and missed the approach shot. that is as bad as Blake's 5-0 in tiebreak and loses 7-5.

ispaht
07-01-2009, 08:58 AM
Congratulations.

FedFan_2009
07-01-2009, 08:59 AM
Nole rapidly turning into James Blake! Fortunetly he's only 22 and has time to turn it around.

raiden031
07-01-2009, 09:03 AM
Whatever happened to the 'King has been dethroned' after AO 2008? Where's the new king? Oh wait, he's packing his bags as usual while Fed is holding up the trophy.

THUNDERVOLLEY
07-01-2009, 09:06 AM
It's his destiny

Oops...........

jamesblakefan#1
07-01-2009, 09:09 AM
I don't think that Djokovic will ever win another slam. I just don't see it. He doesn't have the heart and determination needed to win a slam. Usually guys get stronger mentally after winning a slam, but he just appears to be weaker. He shows no fight out there on the court whenever he gets down. I think he's a one slam wonder.

samster
07-01-2009, 09:18 AM
It's his destiny

I guess not.

babbette
07-01-2009, 09:20 AM
too bad I was actually hoping he would do something good.

Underhand
07-01-2009, 09:22 AM
Seriously N&Ffan, you are one of the biggest Djokovic haters I've ever seen.

I'm much bigger, not even close.

NadalandFedererfan
07-01-2009, 09:23 AM
I'm much bigger, not even close.

Then you are a mighty big one if that is the case. :) Yes Joreri I am a proud Djokovic hater. I dont support arrogant, laughably overhyped one hit wonders with overrated garden variety baseline games, with pyscho loud mouthed parents, and who are stupid enough to whine about pro-Americanilsm in front of a New York crowd many who work their tails to the bone just to survive in that insanely priced but exciting city.

Rickson
07-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Your words have been marked and laughed at thoroughly.

IvanAndreevich
07-01-2009, 09:27 AM

You'd love to see anyone beat Federer anywhere.

woody88
07-01-2009, 09:43 AM
http://clemsongirlbaseball.mlblogs.com/assets_c/2009/05/epicfail-thumb-268x358-1167121.jpg

maximo
07-01-2009, 09:44 AM
You'd love to see anyone beat Federer anywhere.

Yep, and Haas shall be the one to do so...

King_Grass
07-01-2009, 09:45 AM

I would LOVE to see that ugly Andy O. Murray get his ***** whooped by Hewitt or Roddick...

skip1969
07-01-2009, 09:47 AM
LOL. as irritating as these "mark my words" threads are (and trust me op, they are irritating, even when they come true every once in a blue moon) . . . i suppose they are worth it for the amount of joy and laughter they bring to the rest of the posters on tt when they revive the thread.

oh, and the fail pics are the icing on the cake.

aphex
07-01-2009, 09:51 AM

http://biggator5.net/images/terminatorWrong.jpg

aphex
07-01-2009, 09:52 AM
I would LOVE to see that ugly Andy O. Murray get his ***** whooped by Hewitt or Roddick...

doesnt everyone?

TennisACE
07-01-2009, 10:11 AM
HAAS has put Djoker Down

valiant
07-01-2009, 02:00 PM
LOL. as irritating as these "mark my words" threads are (and trust me op, they are irritating, even when they come true every once in a blue moon) . . . i suppose they are worth it for the amount of joy and laughter they bring to the rest of the posters on tt when they revive the thread.

oh, and the fail pics are the icing on the cake.

I agree. Its kinda fun.

Serendipitous
07-01-2009, 02:50 PM
......and the OP of this thread was never seen again. :)

EPaps
07-01-2009, 02:54 PM
It's his destiny

Oops. Good call.

Inner Game
07-01-2009, 04:33 PM
The parties over for the Joker....you really can't say the Joker is a has been...because he is a never was....He's got more excuses the Martina N. use to have for CHOKING....and thats what is plain and simple.....CHOKING.....better stick trying to be a comic.... Joker as your days are pretty much done....You'll be out of the top ten in 1 year!

vtmike
07-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Oops

http://www.fuzzysignal.com/tennis/whatsgoingon/oops.jpg

FlamEnemY
07-01-2009, 04:53 PM
The parties over for the Joker....you really can't say the Joker is a has been...because he is a never was....He's got more excuses the Martina N. use to have for CHOKING....and thats what is plain and simple.....CHOKING.....better stick trying to be a comic.... Joker as your days are pretty much done....You'll be out of the top ten in 1 year!

Nah. ;)

10 characters.

AJK1
07-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Another idiot bites the dust.........