PDA

View Full Version : without nadal wimbeldon will be boring

satishnadal
06-08-2009, 07:19 AM
i heard that nadal is doubht for wimbeldon that is pity for real tennis fan . there is no other guy capable of challenging federer. all are fearing federer even when he is playing his worst tennis of his career . absense ofg nadal will make him win another wimbeldon, i dont want to see it happen . pls pray for nadal to return to wimbeldon .

Nalbandian great
06-08-2009, 07:21 AM
He will go.

But if doesn't, still will be Wimbledon.

MrAWD
06-08-2009, 07:23 AM
Is this just another of excuses why Nadal lost so early in French this year and why he already needs an excuse for the Wimbledon?

joeri888
06-08-2009, 07:25 AM
If Nadal doesn't play, Murray will defenitely challenge Federer. Djokovic could also. I don't see why Fed would be untouchable at Wimbledon. He's played a great tournament but came close to elimination against guys like Haas and Acasuso. He's defenitely not unbeatable like he used to be and has to really fight for it

coloskier
06-08-2009, 07:33 AM
If this is true, and Nadal doesn't play, it will mean most likely that Fed will only have to play either Murray or Djokovic, and not both, because of seeding.

Fed 1
Murray 2
Djokovic 3

However, I can also see the Brits making sure that Murray and Djokovic are not in the same half, to give their boy a better chance to win it all. There is also a chance that Roddick may get seeded ahead of DelPotro because they are the only GS that seeds according to how they play on grass, not on how they do overall for the year.

PimpMyGame
06-08-2009, 07:36 AM
However, I can also see the Brits making sure that Murray and Djokovic are not in the same half, to give their boy a better chance to win it all.

Please explain how the seeding committee can pick and choose the draw in this way?

Rhino
06-08-2009, 07:47 AM
I think he will be there, he's just recovering from a very disappointing loss.
If he isn't it will still be cool. Australian Open 2006 was still brilliant, and he wasn't there.

Redflea
06-08-2009, 08:05 AM
Please explain how the seeding committee can pick and choose the draw in this way?

"...a few years ago the All England Club introduced a special formula, taking into account both the points on the rankings computer and also factoring in results on grass over the past couple of years."

For example...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/atptour/2303616/Wimbledon-Seeding-upsets-Andy-Murray.html

zagor
06-08-2009, 08:07 AM
I agree that Wimbledon won't be the same without Nadal but I'm also pretty sure he'll be there this year.No offense to uncle Toni but I take everything he says with a grain of salt.

Telepatic
06-08-2009, 08:14 AM
It wont be boring but it would be strange, not itself.Hes defending champion afterall.

malakas
06-08-2009, 08:17 AM
It wouldn't be the same without nadal,but then again TW won't be the same either without all the nadaltrolls.So it's tempting...

Blade0324
06-08-2009, 09:25 AM
It would not be the same without Nadal no doubt but the good news is that the grass season is only about 3 weeks long and then on to some summer H/C tennis. Just a side note Wimby would not be the same without any of the top 5 players. Having the top players there is a big part of any major.

tahiti
06-08-2009, 09:29 AM
No tournament is the same without Nadal. His charisma, sportsmanship and hunger for the game are unmatchable by any other player in my opinion.

vive le beau jeu !
06-08-2009, 09:32 AM
I think he will be there, he's just recovering from a very disappointing loss.
If he isn't it will still be cool. Australian Open 2006 was still brilliant, and he wasn't there.
that marcos run was amazing ! :)

batz
06-08-2009, 09:37 AM
i heard that nadal is doubht for wimbeldon that is pity for real tennis fan . there is no other guy capable of challenging federer. all are fearing federer even when he is playing his worst tennis of his career . absense ofg nadal will make him win another wimbeldon, i dont want to see it happen . pls pray for nadal to return to wimbeldon .

I'll say nothing about whether Murray will challenge Roger, but one thing you can be sure of - he does not fear Roger. Respect? Oh yes, bucketloads of it, but not fear.

Let's hope Rafa recovers 100%, but if he doesn't; Wimbledon (any slam for that matter) is bigger than any player.

VivalaVida
06-08-2009, 09:38 AM
absolutely right. We need nadal for wimbledon for sure. It would be boring if federer just steam rolls towards the title.

Dutch-Guy
06-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Can't just imagine a Wimby without the defending champ.He'll be there.Let's pray for him.

All-rounder
06-08-2009, 10:02 AM
It would be very boring as as tennis fans we have set our standards on just seeing nadal vs federer since 2006 so it would seem boring without nadal the same can be said about federer

Giggs The Red Devil
06-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Instead of praying that Nadal will return, can I pray Federer withdraws as well?

maximo
06-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Hell no, Murray will just win it and make us Brits cherish him even more.

Dutch-Guy
06-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Hell no, Murray will just win it and make us Brits cherish him even more.

lmao Brits can only win if Nadal isn't there?

bolo
06-08-2009, 10:27 AM
It will not be boring, but it will be a lot less interesting. Let's hope everything returns to normal by the start of wimbledon.

AAAA
06-08-2009, 10:27 AM
Federer going for a record 15th major title is a bigger tennis event than Nadal defending his title so it won't be boring.

veroniquem
06-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Fed going for his 15th major against a worthy opponent would be exciting. Another final against a first time slam finalist would be as forgettable as can be but I love grass court tennis and there's a lot to be played before the final.

Serendipitous
06-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Disappointing? - yes

Boring? - no

Tennis_Bum
06-08-2009, 01:22 PM

Okay, even if he could make it to Wimbledon this year and I am really hoping that he does. Nadal has to get to the final to actually play Fed. Nadal can't really challenge Fed if he loses in early round as he did at the FO. I don't think Nadal will be in the final this year. Let's see how if he'll show up and if he plays well enough to make it to the final.

Of course, on the flip side, Fed has to get to the final himself.

egn
06-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Um I think guys like Murray, Djoker, Jo-Wilfred and Cilic will get the job done on pushing Roger

JeMar
06-08-2009, 01:25 PM
He'll be there. There's nothing wrong with him. Uncle Toni is a chronic exaggerator.

Tennis_Bum
06-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Fed going for his 15th major against a worthy opponent would be exciting. Another final against a first time slam finalist would be as forgettable as can be but I love grass court tennis and there's a lot to be played before the final.

So you are saying Nadal's first FO slam was not worthy? He played against a first-time slam finalist there who doped himself, so we should take away this FO win then, huh? I am talking only about the final as you wrote. Don't try to weasel yourself out of this one with reasoning.

Believe it or not, I don't think Nadal will make it to the final at Wimbledon this year. I am not saying it's a lock for Fed either, but I will bet that he'll be in the final this year playing someone else instead of Nadal. Let's see what will happen.

8PAQ
06-08-2009, 01:51 PM
2009 is different from 2008 as follows:

1. Federer won FO by playing very well in the final instead of being humiliated and bageled by Nadal. So his confidence is back!

2. Federer beat Nadal in Madrid in straight sets instead of chocking in Hamburg and losing. Again the confidence is back!

3. Federer now has now has no pressure because for one he finally got his 14th and two he is not even a defending champ at Wimbledon.

4. No grass court winning streak to protect.

5. No #1 ranking to protect.

All of the above add up to one thing:

BIG CAN OF WHOOP *** TO THE REST OF THE DRAW. Including Nadal if he plays. I am expecting something similar to Wimbledon 2007 or maybe even 2006.

PimpMyGame
06-09-2009, 01:40 AM
"...a few years ago the All England Club introduced a special formula, taking into account both the points on the rankings computer and also factoring in results on grass over the past couple of years."

For example...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/atptour/2303616/Wimbledon-Seeding-upsets-Andy-Murray.html

I understand how Wimby seeds are decided. But with all due respect, the draw and where the seeds appear in the draw cannot be "massaged" in the way coloskier described, as a set formula is used. Am I missing something or did I get a humour bypass on coloskier's post?

Leublu tennis
06-09-2009, 02:08 AM
If Nadal doesn't play, Murray will defenitely challenge Federer. Djokovic could also. I don't see why Fed would be untouchable at Wimbledon. He's played a great tournament but came close to elimination against guys like Haas and Acasuso. He's defenitely not unbeatable like he used to be and has to really fight for it
Agree completely. Fed was pretty darn lucky at the FO. He deserves it, but he sure got the breaks. Wimby will be a different story, I think.

Tempest344
06-09-2009, 03:18 AM
I think if Federer and Nadal weren't there it would make it much more interesting IMO

Stinkdyr
06-09-2009, 04:11 AM
Nada is just afraid he will lose to some low ranked player again, so his "knee" is keeping him away from W this year.

savtennis
06-09-2009, 04:20 AM
"all are fearing federer even when he is playing his worst tennis of his career"

Federer just played in 5th straight GS final (and 15 out of 16) - how embarrassing it must be to drop to this level.

AprilFool
06-09-2009, 04:38 AM
It would certainly be quieter.