PDA

View Full Version : Can umpires/security tackle naked female streakers?

avmoghe
06-08-2009, 07:42 AM
So, I'm surprised nobody has asked this yet.

Imagine if, instead of this Jimmy chump, we had some hot female streaker prancing around the court during the FO final.

How is this type of situation handled? Would the umpire (male for argument's sake) leap out of his chair and start chasing after her? Would normal security start grabbing/tackling her?

Or is there special female security to handle this type of situation?

I forget what happened when that naked chick showed up at Wimbledon 1996 (I think) during Krajicek's match. Did everyone start tackling/grabbing her? Any other times this has happened? Vids as proof of your recollection would be appreciated :)

scineram
06-08-2009, 08:01 AM
Why could they not? They are trained.

raiden031
06-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Yes why not? Its not like they are groping her in a sexual way, they are doing their job of maintaining order.

charliefedererer
06-08-2009, 08:13 AM
The problem, as I understand it, is that they are having trouble recruiting security personnel willing to tackle the naked women.
If you are interested in applying, you can go to the following link:
Iamwillingtowrestlenakedwomentotheground.org

RCizzle65
06-08-2009, 08:50 AM
I don't see what is wrong with it, she is causing an interruption, and they aren't trying to sexually abuse her or anything....

Gorecki
06-08-2009, 08:57 AM
ahhhh those days of Latvia vs Portugal and the bright presence of the "Latvian strawberry"...

anyone knows what im talking about?

avmoghe
06-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Why could they not? They are trained.

Well, they do have female guards at airport security points (for example) in case someone needs to do a patdown/screen of females. So, curious if that sort of a 'convention' applies to tackling nude streakers as well.

joeri888
06-08-2009, 09:29 AM
Of course they can, they would have catched her a lot quicker because they all want to grab the best part the first

the green god
06-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Are you looking to be a security guard? ;)

joeri888
06-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Are you looking to be a security guard? ;)

As long as it's jimmy jump coming over that fence, no thank you

defrule
06-08-2009, 09:54 AM
If the security guards won't do it, they should employ me.

batz
06-08-2009, 09:56 AM
It happened at Wimbledon a few years back - she was gorgeous as well.

angharad
06-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Why wouldn't they?

Also, Jimmy Jump isn't a streaker, he's an intruder. A streaker is an intruder that also happens to be nude.

woodrow1029
06-08-2009, 09:57 AM
Well, they do have female guards at airport security points (for example) in case someone needs to do a patdown/screen of females. So, curious if that sort of a 'convention' applies to tackling nude streakers as well.
Whoever could get her first would get her. The difference from your airport post is that the females check the females, and it's not an emergency situation. If there was a female running through the airport yelling something about a bomb, then any security would tackle her, male or female.

avmoghe
06-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Why wouldn't they?

Also, Jimmy Jump isn't a streaker, he's an intruder. A streaker is an intruder that also happens to be nude.

Don't see where I implied he was a streaker. I guess my 'nude streaker' phrase was a bit redundant..

Whoever could get her first would get her. The difference from your airport post is that the females check the females, and it's not an emergency situation. If there was a female running through the airport yelling something about a bomb, then any security would tackle her, male or female.

So is that the standard in the post Monica Seles stabbing world? Are streakers / any intruders on court automatically classified as an 'emergency'?

angharad
06-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Don't see where I implied he was a streaker. I guess my 'nude streaker' phrase was a bit redundant..

I wasn't directing that at anyone in particular. I've just heard a lot of references to "that streaker during the final", when he wasn't a streaker. That's all.

RCizzle65
06-08-2009, 10:39 AM
So is that the standard in the post Monica Seles stabbing world? Are streakers / any intruders on court automatically classified as an 'emergency'?

Not really emergency, but they are interrupting a match, and there is a possibility they may harm the players or ballkids down there so they have to deal with them right away.

ayuname
06-08-2009, 10:40 AM
It's the ballboy's jobs to do this.