PDA

View Full Version : The United against Injury/Illnesses excuses thread

kraggy
06-08-2009, 09:25 AM
So it is quite common here on these boards to discredit a players win by saying the opposition had an injury/illness. Almost everybody seems to be doing it WHEN IT SUITS THEM. NO PLAYER in their right mind would start a match if they weren't at least 90% fit. NO COACH or TRAINER would let their player play unless they were at least somewhat fine. Unless a player collapses on court or shrieks and yells in extreme pain, I dont think any excuses should be used.

Here are the 3 most used excuses on this forum

a) Feds Mono
b) Nadals Bad knees/tiredness
c) Djokers Breathing.

I understand that all of these claims have some legitimacy. But as soon as these players make the decision to play a match, these excuses should be thrown out of the window.

angharad
06-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Yeah, it gets a little irritating that they're always brought up. If the injury happened during the match, it's one thing. But the chronic injuries are things everyone already knows about.

That's one of the reasons why I grew to really respect Nadal, actually. Awhile back he was questioned about an injury after a loss. He replied that he wouldn't talk about any injury because it wasn't fair to his opponent. It showed a lot of class.

kraggy
06-08-2009, 09:57 AM
Yeah, it gets a little irritating that they're always brought up. If the injury happened during the match, it's one thing. But the chronic injuries are things everyone already knows about.

That's one of the reasons why I grew to really respect Nadal, actually. Awhile back he was questioned about an injury after a loss. He replied that he wouldn't talk about any injury because it wasn't fair to his opponent. It showed a lot of class.

I agree. But lets stay away from mentioning particular players :D. Before you know it , a thread like this will be turned into a flame war.

fgzhu88
06-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Here are the 3 most used excuses on this forum

a) Feds Mono
c) Djokers Breathing.

all 3 of those are legit, as they were diagnosed. What ****es me off is when a player takes injury timeouts/bathroom breaks to delay the match or break momentum (yes, I know Federer did that against Haas :( )

angharad
06-08-2009, 10:07 AM
I agree. But lets stay away from mentioning particular players :D. Before you know it , a thread like this will be turned into a flame war.

Like this? :)

a) Feds Mono
c) Djokers Breathing.

kraggy
06-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Like this? :)

Haha nice burn :D

icedevil0289
06-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Kraggy awesome thread!!! I agree with everything you said You can add federer's back. I'm sure he has had back problems, but it's annoying when people constantly use it as an excuse for his losses.