PDA

View Full Version : How can Federer Rafa-proof himself?

sureshs
06-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Federer needs to ensure Rafa doesn't overtake him soon. To do this, he must:

1. Win the singles title in London Olympics
2. Win at least 1 Slam a year to prevent Rafa from winning the Calendar Slam
3. Hopefully it is the USO, to prevent Rafa from a Career Slam
4. Win Wimbledon this year to equal Rafa's "Channel Slam" from last year
5. Keep playing till 2012 at least and hang around till Rafa's career plunges
6. Tank in the semifinals of tourneys, if it looks like Rafa will be in the final, in order to avoid worsening his head to head against Rafa
7. If above are not feasible, then retire once baby is born and announce that family is more important than tennis

S H O W S T O P P E R !
06-08-2009, 12:18 PM
What do you mean for Fed to not allow Nadal to overtake him? Nadal's #1 in the rankings while Fed=#2.

theduh
06-08-2009, 12:22 PM
What do you mean for Fed to not allow Nadal to overtake him? Nadal's #1 in the rankings while Fed=#2.

It's not about the rankings. He's talking about the number of slams, calendar grand slam, and Golden Slam.

sureshs
06-08-2009, 12:22 PM
It's not about the rankings. He's talking about the number of slams, career grand slam, and Golden Slam.

and Channel Slam

theduh
06-08-2009, 12:23 PM

6. Tank in the semifinals of tourneys, if it looks like Rafa will be in the final, in order to avoid worsening his head to head against Rafa
7. If above are not feasible, then retire once baby is born and announce that family is more important than tennis

Had a great laugh at #7, that would be the lamest excuse ever.

theduh
06-08-2009, 12:24 PM
and Channel Slam

And yeah, thanks!

P_Agony
06-08-2009, 12:25 PM

I really disagree with #6. If Federer would have listened to you Nadal probably would have been the Madrid champion against Del Potro. Federer should keep trying to play against Nadal and not being afraid of him. He has th game and tactics to beat Nadal, he just has this stupid complex in his head.

veroniquem
06-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Rafa is not in a position to overtake Fed any time soon in slams. I wish he were but he only has 6, he has a lonnnnnng way to go until 14. He could easily overtake Fed in master shields though.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
06-08-2009, 12:53 PM
It's not about the rankings. He's talking about the number of slams, calendar grand slam, and Golden Slam.

Ok, so now *******s are done celebrating that Fed won the Career Slam and now they want to see him become dominant again. Ok, but tennis is hoping, it almost NEEDS Nadal to win the US Open. Tennis will gain such a popularity boost from it that it might not be a fringe sport anymore.

Federer domination= good for Fed.
Federer winning Wimbledon and Rafa winning USO= great for all of tennis.

The tennis guy
06-08-2009, 12:55 PM

It shows you are very insecure. Federer doesn't need to do anything. He is secure his place in history, similar to Sampras. If Nadal won more slams than him eventually, so be it.

theduh
06-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Ok, so now *******s are done celebrating that Fed won the Career Slam and now they want to see him become dominant again. Ok, but tennis is hoping, it almost NEEDS Nadal to win the US Open. Tennis will gain such a popularity boost from it that it might not be a fringe sport anymore.

I don't think sureshs is a Fed fan. I believe he is more of a Nadal fan. So I guess you're barking at the wrong tree here.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
06-08-2009, 01:01 PM
I don't think sureshs is a Fed fan. I believe he is more of a Nadal fan. So I guess you're barking at the wrong tree here.

I really don't care who a poster roots for. I'm simply stating my opinion.

samster
06-08-2009, 01:04 PM

In case you missed it:

http://i39.tinypic.com/25hmtya.jpg

In case your eyesight is poor:

1. Rafael Nadal, 13140 Points

2. Roger Federer, 11070 Points

theduh
06-08-2009, 01:05 PM
I really don't care who a poster roots for. I'm simply stating my opinion.

Okay. Don't need to get angry or what not. You asked a question or somewhat confused and I'd answered it.

theduh
06-08-2009, 01:06 PM
In case you missed it:

http://i39.tinypic.com/25hmtya.jpg

In case your eyesight is poor:

1. Rafael Nadal, 13140 Points

2. Roger Federer, 11070 Points

You need to re-read the entire thread. OP is not talking about the rankings.

samster
06-08-2009, 01:07 PM
It shows you are very insecure. Federer doesn't need to do anything. He is secure his place in history, similar to Sampras. If Nadal won more slams than him eventually, so be it.

I don't think the OP is insecure. He is bored, more likely than not his day job is not giving him enough challenge.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
06-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Okay. Don't need to get angry or what not. You asked a question or somewhat confused and I'd answered it.

Oh yeah, thanks for answering my question. :)

samster
06-08-2009, 01:13 PM

I like seeing the eventual champion work through the rounds, I mean really working hard 4- or 5-set matches, fighting back and forth between the two competitors and make tennis exciting.

Nadal needs to come back and be a threat at Wimbledon.

joeri888
06-08-2009, 01:58 PM
What the heck is a channel Slam?

sureshs
06-08-2009, 02:47 PM
What the heck is a channel Slam?

Winning FO and W back to back

sureshs
06-08-2009, 02:47 PM
I don't think the OP is insecure. He is bored, more likely than not his day job is not giving him enough challenge.

hehehe.............

kimbahpnam
06-08-2009, 03:49 PM
how much of the OP is based on assumptions?
.....almost all of it.

1. The Assumption: Federer will be surpassed by someone who has an Olympic Gold (I guess in singles).
2. The Assumption: Rafa will win at least 1 slam a year.
*The Implied Assumption: Federer does not win at least 1 (or more) a year or that his career won't last as long as Rafa's (probably true).
3. The Assumption: Rafa achieving the career slam will have him surpass Federer.
...etc., etc., etc.

I could easily keep going, but I think everyone gets the point.
So according to you, Rafa will surely surpass Federer (as implied in the "Federer needs to ensure") and not only that, but he'll do it "soon."

Your posts have really taken a turn for the worst.

R.Federer
06-08-2009, 04:16 PM
nadal wont pass federer nadal has 3 years left imo, also u cant say nadal is a favourite in the slams like fed was only the fo hes a big fav the rest plenty of people can beat him