PDA

View Full Version : BBC - Nadal to confirm if he will play Wimbledon tomorrow lunchtime

Pages : 1 [2]

Tennis_Bum
06-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Honestly I dont think Federer would be as satisfied if he won this Wimbledon without beating Rafa in the final.

Yes, he always prefers to beat Nadal at finals, regardless of what event. But if Nadal is not there, a win at Wimbledon at this juncture of Fed's career is something he doesn't mind winning, whether beating Nadal or not.

Blinkism
06-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Like I've said before atleast Federer is multidimensional with his excuses, Nadal OTOH is one dimensional & always uses his knees as an excuse... ;) :D

Yeah, but Nadal's excuses are only going to get better. Whereas Federer's no longer in his excuse-making prime, so there's really no comparing the two!:twisted:

vtmike
06-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Yeah, but Nadal's excuses are only going to get better. Whereas Federer's no longer in his excuse-making prime, so there's really no comparing the two!:twisted:

Yup Nadal's H2H against Federer in excuse making is clearly lopsided in Nadal's favor... :D

Fedace
06-11-2009, 08:39 PM
So is Nadal playing or not ??

Mick
06-11-2009, 08:41 PM
nadal's excuse if he loses to federer is: federer is the goat
federer's excuse if he loses to nadal is: ???? :D

RoddickAce
06-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Yup Nadal's H2H against Federer in excuse making is clearly lopsided in Nadal's favor... :D

Federer is sick of making excuses and Nadal is tired of making excuses!

TheTruth
06-12-2009, 12:41 AM
You know if this was Federer that lost early in the previous GS and Nadal won and Federer making all this waves about an injury and how uncertain he is entering Wimby, Nadal fans would have been all over it already, claiming Federer's taking the limelight again. The Nadal camp has been a bit of an attention hog lately with Uncle Tony blabbering about the French and now this. Can they just go about it a bit more quietly?

I actually agree with you. I know I would have thought it was fishy, lol!

Soo, I guess if you put the shoe on the other foot....

abmk
06-12-2009, 12:42 AM
Like I've said before atleast Federer is multidimensional with his excuses, Nadal OTOH is one dimensional & always uses his knees as an excuse... ;) :D

LOL

10 chars

TheTruth
06-12-2009, 01:03 AM
Good post theTruth

Thanks, joeri888!

icedevil0289
06-12-2009, 05:12 AM
I can't speak for all Nadal fans. But for me, I can't understand how, or why this would personally evoke emotions from me. I would like Nadal to achieve every goals he has set for his career. I'm not looking for him to set anything for me. He's a phenomenal player, already in the Hall of Fame at such a young age. That's quite an accomplishment in itself.

Nadal needs a rest after such an awesome season beginning with last year at the French, Wimbledon, and going on to win his first hardcourt grand slam. In the meantime he won several masters shields and gave a good account of himself.

Personally, I'd rather he skipped Wimbledon and got the rest he deserves. He's young, 23 years old. The tour can go on without him for a minute.

Chasing records, vying for status is silly to me. Each player should get the maximum benefit out of their bodies and their careers.

As a tennis fan, I'm here to enjoy what each player brings to the table, but having watched tennis for quite some time I realize the landscape is an ever changing one.

I don't understand the obsession with exploits that are not my own.

I would hope that all Nadal fans will be fine and more concerned with him as a person than stats in a record book.

http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/mtf/images/smilies/notworthy.gif Great post. Although I would like him to play wimbledon if he can. Sorry, as a fed fan, I want some revenge. :twisted:

Anyways, I'm confuzzled now. Is nadal playing or not?

rafan
06-12-2009, 05:16 AM
http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/mtf/images/smilies/notworthy.gif Great post. Although I would like him to play wimbledon if he can. Sorry, as a fed fan, I want some revenge. :twisted:

Thats the secret of Nadal's appeal - you just never know.........

TheTruth
06-12-2009, 05:26 AM

I'd really rather he didn't. It's never fun when players go into tournaments hobbled with injury, or the aftereffects of one. A win over him in this state would be tainted for me. Like Sharapova, great competitor that she is, it isn't fun waiting for her to get back to full strength and 100%. I'd rather watch when the playing field is (AFAIK) more level.

If he doesn't play, I'll miss Wimbledon, but it won't matter because with Rafa gone there is no excitement for me.

Gorecki
06-12-2009, 05:29 AM
I'd really rather he didn't. It's never fun when players go into tournaments hobbled with injury, or the aftereffects of one. A win over him in this state would be tainted for me. Like Sharapova, great competitor that she is, it isn't fun waiting for her to get back to full strength and 100%. I'd rather watch when the playing field is (AFAIK) more level.

If he doesn't play, I'll miss Wimbledon, but it won't matter because with Rafa gone there is no excitement for me.

the bolded part says a lot of your love for the game...

icedevil0289
06-12-2009, 05:30 AM

Well, he did say if he was to play wimbledon, he would do so only if he was 100% okay. So if he does decide to play wimbledon, that would mean he is fine, so there should be no excuses no matter what imo. We'll see what happens.

TiradPass
06-12-2009, 05:33 AM
I agree that if he is far below 100% then the best thing to do may well be to sit this one out. However, purely as a spectator, although I am not a Nadal fan I certainly hope he makes it for Wimbledon - I am strongly considering going to Wimbledon this year but if I knew that Nadal wasn't even in the field to begin with then I probably won't bother.