PDA

View Full Version : Newly discovered truths about pro tennis

raiden031
06-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Ok I came up with a list of truths I've discovered here on the board regarding pro tennis. It goes something like this.

1. The only match wins of any importance are those against Nadal, Djokovic, and Murray, regardless of the importance of the event, and regardless of the round of the event.

2. Winning a title does not count unless the winner beats 1) Nadal AND 2) either Djokovic or Murray, but beating both is even more convincing (Federer is not on that list BTW, oh thats probably because this is only a truth when Federer wins a title).

3. If a player wins a title but fails to meet the criteria of #2 because listed players from #1 got eliminated early on, the burden of proof is on the winner to prove they can beat the players listed in truth #1. Failure to provide adequate proof deems the winning of the title meaningless.

4. Nadal is a greater player than Federer, despite Federer having been #1 for four times the amount of time Nadal has, AND having won over twice the number of slams, including the career slam.

5. Murray and Djokovic are the benchmark for top quality tennis, even though they frequently get eliminated in early rounds of slams against inferior opponents.

6. Nadal only loses when he is tired, but he's also the most physically fit player on tour.

7. Federer wins titles because he is lucky.

Hondasteve
06-08-2009, 08:44 PM
That's strikingly similar to the short list that I have...hmmmm, interesting.

raiden031
06-08-2009, 08:45 PM
You forgot:

8. Federer never loses; he only beats himself.

Alright I'll give you that one.

DarthFed
06-08-2009, 09:25 PM
I request this be sticky'd along with this

9- Nadals draw will always be hard, regardless of the field.

10-Nadal is now the equivalent to a GS win, thus any slam that was gained w/o beating Nadal is thus null, meaning Federer has 2. Since Nadal can't play himself ALL of his slams are Null.

11-Anyone who beats Nadal outside the top 4 is a clown regardless of the scoreline.

slicefox
06-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Ok I came up with a list of truths I've discovered here on the board regarding pro tennis. It goes something like this.

1. The only match wins of any importance are those against Nadal, Djokovic, and Murray, regardless of the importance of the event, and regardless of the round of the event.

2. Winning a title does not count unless the winner beats 1) Nadal AND 2) either Djokovic or Murray, but beating both is even more convincing (Federer is not on that list BTW, oh thats probably because this is only a truth when Federer wins a title).

3. If a player wins a title but fails to meet the criteria of #2 because listed players from #1 got eliminated early on, the burden of proof is on the winner to prove they can beat the players listed in truth #1. Failure to provide adequate proof deems the winning of the title meaningless.

4. Nadal is a greater player than Federer, despite Federer having been #1 for four times the amount of time Nadal has, AND having won over twice the number of slams, including the career slam.

5. Murray and Djokovic are the benchmark for top quality tennis, even though they frequently get eliminated in early rounds of slams against inferior opponents.

6. Nadal only loses when he is tired, but he's also the most physically fit player on tour.

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5721/showimage1.gif

Toxicmilk
06-08-2009, 10:13 PM
12. Nadal and Fed obviously hate each other as much as their fans do on TW.

raiden031
06-09-2009, 03:36 AM

Wait did I fail based on this image?

jelle v
06-09-2009, 03:45 AM

This is a fail of it's own.. one of the worst fail pictures ever posted. FAIL

evakent
06-09-2009, 03:00 PM
I'm am inclined to agree with almost everything the op wrote, just because I thing *******s are annoying, and I'm not even that big a federer fan. If you bring up James Blake.. well, that would be a whole different story :D

IvanAndreevich
06-09-2009, 03:02 PM
This is a fail of it's own.. one of the worst fail pictures ever posted. FAIL

That's not a fail picture. It's a good one, just used completely incorrectly in this case.

icedevil0289
06-09-2009, 03:04 PM

No.6 is right on the mark. You forgot for no.7 to add that his opponents choke as well.

dincuss
06-09-2009, 03:17 PM

vtmike
06-09-2009, 03:22 PM

Not only that but all the organizers conspire to give Fed an easy draw, with court & weather conditions suited perfectly for him to win... :lol:

jamesblakefan#1
06-09-2009, 03:25 PM
13. The Official ATP Rankings
1) Rafa Nadal's Knee
2) Rafa Nadal
3) Injured Rafa Nadal
4) Tired Rafa Nadal
5) Roger Federer

Blinkism
06-09-2009, 03:30 PM
8. Murray is somehow always the favorite to win the current or next slam, especially Wimbledon, even though he's the most unproven of the top 4 in the majors.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
06-09-2009, 03:39 PM
8. Murray is somehow always the favorite to win the current or next slam, especially Wimbledon, even though he's the most unproven of the top 4 in the majors.

Yeah, it's become like a tradition for me to yell "OH REALLY?" whenever I ehar Murray gets knocked out of a Slam.

Gorecki
06-09-2009, 03:46 PM
- Soderling is a clow because he has a mind of his own
- Nadal can't do wrong
- any change in ATP is intended to throw of balance Fed\Nad\_____ (fill the blank and\or scratch otherwise...

netman
06-09-2009, 03:55 PM
So Soderling beat down Nadal in the quarters. Let me repeat, Nadal did not get out of the FO quarters. Yet Fed doesn't get any credit for beating down Soderling in the final? Fed embarrassed the man who embarrassed Nadal. What am I missing?

BTW, I'm a Nadal fan.

shazbot
06-09-2009, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=raiden031;3538397]

#2 is right on. Not only is that talked about a lot on these boards (and other boards I'm sure) but in the media as well.

It's really dumb to think that way. Nadal's chances of getting knocked out early in any major are much greater then Federer's. Why? It's simple, more players in the top 50 can hurt Nadal, than can hurt Federer.

Federer will probably win more slams, and he will more then likely not face Nadal in some of them.

icedevil0289
06-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Soderling is a joke of a finalist, even though that joke took out Nadal, the 4 time winner.

T1000
06-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Federer's competition from 2004 to 2007, even though they consistently reached later parts of the tournament and would beat joke and murray no problem, are inferior and pathetic compared to todays field. also, sampras played the best players of all time and would be number one today

netman
06-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Soderling is a joke of a finalist, even though that joke took out Nadal, the 4 time winner.

So applying your logic, Nadal is a joke of a defending champion since he lost to Soderling in the QUARTERFINALS. So Nadal is a real loser dropping a 4 setter to Soderling. I don't think so.

Use your brain before you post.

jamesblakefan#1
06-10-2009, 07:40 PM
So applying your logic, Nadal is a joke of a defending champion since he lost to Soderling in the QUARTERFINALS. So Nadal is a real loser dropping a 4 setter to Soderling. I don't think so.

I'm pretty sure he was making a joke. If you noticed, it's a joke thread about Fed and Nadal-****'s beliefs.

<3tennis!!!
06-10-2009, 07:41 PM
The court conditions are ONLY bad on nadals side of the court

viva la rafa
06-10-2009, 07:53 PM
fed is the GOAT because he has a losing record agianst a player ranked higher than him

sh@de
06-10-2009, 07:54 PM

LOL use your brain and detect the heavy sarcasm please.

netman
06-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Works for me. The ***** are so prevalent these days, its hard to separate the satire from the **** posts.

malakas
06-10-2009, 08:13 PM
I prupose this thread to be stickified so that every newbie,shall know the rules of this forum!!:)

jamesblakefan#1
06-10-2009, 08:13 PM
^^^Same here. I know where you're coming from, see one ridiculous statement and get over heated. It happens.

Serve_Ace
06-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Nadal is awesome, the way he beat everyone without dropping a set in the last French Open

Serendipitous
06-10-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm am inclined to agree with almost everything the op wrote, just because I thing *******s are annoying, and I'm not even that big a federer fan. If you bring up James Blake.. well, that would be a whole different story :D

Okay, I'm sorry. :cry::cry::cry:

Redflea
06-10-2009, 08:39 PM
OP - pretty funny, well done. :)

feetofclay
06-11-2009, 04:55 AM

A bit like it was only dark on Federer's side of the court at Wimbledon last year.

Klatu Verata Necktie
06-11-2009, 05:18 AM
You can be a Federer fan or a Nadal fan, but not both.

mandy01
06-11-2009, 05:28 AM
LOOOOOOOL This thread is so cool :lol:

FlamEnemY
06-11-2009, 05:29 AM
Nadal is awesome, the way he beat everyone without dropping a set in the last French Open

That's technically true :)

zagor
06-11-2009, 05:45 AM

LOL,well done.You have finally been showed the light by great tennis experts here.

P_Agony
06-11-2009, 06:03 AM
8. When Federer fights hard to win, his opponent choked, and when Nadal fights hard to win, he is a great fighter.

9. When Federer losses and says he didn't play well, he's arrogant for not giving any credit to his oppnent, but when Nadal says that, it's simply the truth.

10. Federer's mono and bad back are mere excuses for his losses. Nadal's knee injury is a legitimate reason for his losses.

11. If you like Djokovic, Nadal, Murray you are a great poster and a great fan. If you like Federer you are nothing but a fresh, green, hypocirte, liar troll.

zagor
06-11-2009, 06:06 AM
8. When Federer fights hard to win, his opponent choked, and when Nadal fights hard to win, he is a great fighter.

9. When Federer losses and says he didn't play well, he's arrogant for not giving any credit to his oppnent, but when Nadal says that, it's simply the truth.

10. Federer's mono and bad back are mere excuses for his losses. Nadal's knee injury and exhaustion is a legitimate reason for his losses.

11. If you like Djokovic, Nadal, Murray you are a great poster and a great fan. If you like Federer you are nothing but a fresh, green, hypocirte, liar troll.

LOL,nice additions.I would add something to the 10 though.

Mr. Blond
06-11-2009, 06:08 AM
When will all of you realize that Nadal is the Chuck Norris of ATP Tennis?

Sentinel
06-11-2009, 06:49 AM
Did you guys cover the "Law of the Weak Era".

If anyone wins more than one slam, it's a weak era.

Sentinel
06-11-2009, 07:06 AM
Comparisons across eras/decades is easy as pie. For instance,

1. Roger Federer would never have reached a slam semi final if he had been born a few years earlier, or a few years later. This was the only time in the entire history of Tennis that he could possibly win a slam.

2. No one from any decade/era could possibly take a set off Nadal of 2007-08 (Jan).

:-D

malakas
06-11-2009, 09:33 AM

10. Federer's mono and bad back are mere excuses for his losses. Nadal's knee injury is a legitimate reason for his losses.

hahhaha so true...

Mansewerz
06-11-2009, 09:45 AM
12. When Nadal loses, he needs to recuperate because he's tired. When Fed loses, he needs a coach!

13. When a top player loses, he/she is now a mental midget.

14. All top players need to go up in frame size after a loss.

15. If Fed wins a title, he is one lucky son of a gun. If Nadal wins, he climbed mount everest, wrestled a bear, gave Hercules a titty twister, then hit a blindfolded matchpoint winner to hoist up the trophy.

DarthFed
06-11-2009, 10:09 AM
16-An era is considered weak if only a handful of players dominate, but when upsets happened the player that won the upset is a clown (i.e Soderling)

THESEXPISTOL
06-11-2009, 10:56 AM
12. When Nadal loses, he needs to recuperate because he's tired. When Fed loses, he needs a coach!

15. If Fed wins a title, he is one lucky son of a gun. If Nadal wins, he climbed mount everest, wrestled a bear, gave Hercules a titty twister, then hit a blindfolded matchpoint winner to hoist up the trophy.

TWO WORDS: EPIC POST!

maddogz32
06-11-2009, 11:02 AM
this is very true

zagor
06-11-2009, 11:07 AM

LOL :)! Hilarious post.

icedevil0289
06-11-2009, 11:55 AM

LMAO!! Brilliant

MT319
06-11-2009, 05:44 PM
17. If Federer makes the finals of the last 4 majors, wins two, and loses the other two in 5 setters then he needs to switch to a two-handed backhand

Swissv2
06-11-2009, 05:54 PM
epic thread

BounceHitBounceHit
06-11-2009, 06:22 PM

True..............but then of course there are his groundstrokes, transition shots, drop-shots, volleys, overheads, conditioning, strategy, tactics, mental game, experience, and zen-like ability to focus under enormous pressure, and of course (let's not forget!).......................... brilliant choice of equipment. ;) :twisted: BHBH

Redflea
06-11-2009, 11:03 PM
When will all of you realize that Nadal is the Chuck Norris of ATP Tennis?

The winnah... :D

BreakPoint
06-11-2009, 11:15 PM
I request this be sticky'd along with this

9- Nadals draw will always be hard, regardless of the field.

10-Nadal is now the equivalent to a GS win, thus any slam that was gained w/o beating Nadal is thus null, meaning Federer has 2. Since Nadal can't play himself ALL of his slams are Null.

11-Anyone who beats Nadal outside the top 4 is a clown regardless of the scoreline.
ROTFLMAO!!! Funny as heck!!!

Don't forget:

18 - Nadal has the hardest draw of anyone if Djokovic is in his half of the draw, but if Djokovic is in Federer's half of the draw, Federer has the easiest draw of anyone. :)

Dgpsx7
06-11-2009, 11:18 PM

this is a joke right? You should be a journalist because you are full of ****.

RCizzle65
06-11-2009, 11:58 PM

Hahaha 15 cracked me up

Alafter
06-12-2009, 12:07 AM
Can somebody add something about the surface of the court? Seems always like there is an explanation everytime someone loses.

Dgpsx7
06-12-2009, 12:07 AM
yea, #15 made me laugh too.

valiant
06-12-2009, 12:28 AM
Federer is so arrogant that he wins Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award for five years in a row. And yes all People related to ATP are *******s who voted for him.

abmk
06-12-2009, 12:43 AM
good thread :)

zagor
06-12-2009, 12:50 AM
this is a joke right? You should be a journalist because you are full of ****.

The OP is clearly being sarcastic because he got tired of the endless excuses Nadal/Sampras fanboys come up with to downgrade Fed's achievements.This thread was made in good humour.

mdhubert
06-12-2009, 01:16 AM
19-It would be normal for Fed to even his H2H against Rafa who is from the same era (only 5 years younger...)

20-Fed has a perfect attitude on court, Rafa is taking one year between points, yet Fed is an arrogant pr*** and Rafa is the most fair sportsman ever

mdhubert
06-12-2009, 01:22 AM
double poooost

yellowoctopus
06-12-2009, 07:35 AM

This is the one that has always puzzled me :confused:

sh@de
06-12-2009, 07:43 AM
This is the one that has always puzzled me :confused:

AHAHAHAHAH yes this is very confusing xDD

Dgpsx7
06-12-2009, 08:05 AM
The OP is clearly being sarcastic because he got tired of the endless excuses Nadal/Sampras fanboys come up with to downgrade Fed's achievements.This thread was made in good humour.

just checking, some people on these boards are serious when they write stuff like that.

zagor
06-12-2009, 02:19 PM
just checking, some people on these boards are serious when they write stuff like that.

Yeah,you got that right.It is amazing that some people write that kind of nonsense while believing every word.It seems that a lot of people here have problem with Fed winning FO,Nadal fans are worried for the number one ranking now and Sampras fans don't like the fact that Roger both equaled Pete's slam record and got the one slam Pete never did so they feel the need to come up with something to discredit his win(not that it matters that much,a win is a win no matter how much people whine about it).

RoddickAce
06-12-2009, 03:07 PM
13. The Official ATP Rankings
1) Rafa Nadal's Knee
2) Rafa Nadal
3) Injured Rafa Nadal
4) Tired Rafa Nadal
5) Roger Federer

Actually this is the official ATP ranking:
1)Nadal
2)Federer
3)Clown
4)Clown
5)Clown
6)Clown
7)Clown
8 )Clown
9)Clown
10)Clown
11)Clown
12)Clown
etc...

All these players would be ranked below 500 in the 90's.

icedevil0289
06-12-2009, 03:10 PM
1)Nadal
2)Federer
3)Clown
4)Clown
5)Clown
6)Clown
7)Clown
8 )Clown
9)Clown
10)Clown
11)Clown
12)Clown
etc...

That's certainly something gamesampras would agree with. I miss him.

Sentinel
06-12-2009, 08:41 PM
ROTFLMAO!!! Funny as heck!!!

Don't forget:

18 - Nadal has the hardest draw of anyone if Djokovic is in his half of the draw, but if Djokovic is in Federer's half of the draw, Federer has the easiest draw of anyone. :)

So true !!!!

That's because if Joker is on Fed's side, then Murray is on Nadals side, and Fed could never beat Murray (pls dont mention USO 08) and we all know that Murray is a clay God. So Nadal again has a hard draw.

I think the same principal applies to Monfils, Del potro, Verdasco and others too.

Great one, jamesblakefan.

jamesblakefan#1
06-13-2009, 09:28 PM
Any loss Rafael Nadal had before 2008 doesn't count, as this was "pre prime" Nadal. This may change as we discover what Nadal's true "prime" really is, so Robin Soderling may not have just defeated Nadal, if it turns out this was "pre prime" Nadal. So that means that James Blake is 0-2 vs. Nadal, since he only beat pre-prime Nadal.

Sentinel
06-13-2009, 09:38 PM
Any Federer loss after 2007 doesn't count either as its post-prime, post-mononucleotic Federer. Any wins after 2007 only attest to his fortitude and goatness.
:-D

dincuss
06-13-2009, 10:15 PM
19) Court conditions change if Nadal starts winning/losing.
20) Nadals extremely fluid motion makes Fed look like beginner.

MT319
06-13-2009, 10:18 PM
21.) If Federer beats Nadal above 1,500 feet the effects of the altitude increase 10 fold.

22.) If Federer pulls out of Halle due to mental fatigue after an emotionally draining Roland Garros hes just plain arrogant.

Swissv2
06-16-2009, 06:15 PM
23. Nadal is the ultimate fighter that can endure any conditions, but change even one condition (i.e. a drop of rain) and Nadal has a legitimate excuse for losing (even though the conditions are same for both players).
24. Knowledge of tennis on these boards supersedes any professional tennis coach or player in history.
25. If you won 14 Grand Slams, you were "Lucky". If you won 5 Grand Slams at the French Open, that means you were "Dominant".

mikro112
06-16-2009, 06:20 PM

Thank you!

This is the best posting I've ever read on TT. Good job :)

veroniquem
06-16-2009, 06:42 PM
21.) If Federer beats Nadal above 1,500 feet the effects of the altitude increase 10 fold.

22.) If Federer pulls out of Halle due to mental fatigue after an emotionally draining Roland Garros hes just plain arrogant.
As far as excuses go, "emotional draining" is undoubtedly the funniest one I've ever heard especially when it's made 2 days after RG final and AFTER Nadal has announced his retirement from Queen's. Coincidence right?

mike84
06-16-2009, 06:58 PM

had to quote this for the truth

spot on!

eowyn
06-17-2009, 12:36 AM
best thread ever.... but may be its a weak era for threads now... so futur has to tell us

vtmike
06-17-2009, 12:38 AM
1)Nadal
2)Federer
3)Clown
4)Clown
5)Clown
6)Clown
7)Clown
8 )Clown
9)Clown
10)Clown
11)Clown
12)Clown
etc...

Bahahahahahaha!!!

joeri888
06-17-2009, 12:45 AM
As far as excuses go, "emotional draining" is undoubtedly the funniest one I've ever heard especially when it's made 2 days after RG final and AFTER Nadal has announced his retirement from Queen's. Coincidence right?

Do you think Rafa would have played a small claycourt tournament in gstaad 2 days after last year's Wimbledon final? I'd like an honest answer.

Sentinel
06-17-2009, 01:17 AM
Very strange truth:

Federer is without doubt or argument arrogant, and "not a nice person" as per our inhouse pundits, but strangely enough a lot of (obviously ignorant) ATP pros and competitors want him to win, and praise him!

Noveson
06-17-2009, 01:19 AM
Federer would beat every player on the tour if he had a wood racquet and the courts were made so Nadal could win

Leublu tennis
06-17-2009, 01:58 AM
That is very good. Implies that the bad conditions switch sides during the match.

Leublu tennis
06-17-2009, 02:02 AM

15. If Fed wins a title, he is one lucky son of a gun. If Nadal wins, he climbed mount everest, wrestled a bear, gave Hercules a titty twister, then hit a blindfolded matchpoint winner to hoist up the trophy.That is very good. How true. Amazing.

Leublu tennis
06-17-2009, 02:07 AM
That's certainly something gamesampras would agree with. I miss him.Oh no, has gamesampras been banned? I kinda miss his rantings and ravings. He was simply nuts.

icedevil0289
06-17-2009, 04:02 AM
Oh no, has gamesampras been banned? I kinda miss his rantings and ravings. He was simply nuts.

yes he has:( I don't know why though. He never personally attacked any of the posters here. I miss his rantings and ravings too.

Stewball55
06-17-2009, 04:18 AM
This thread makes me laugh....and alot of it is actually true...

veroniquem
06-17-2009, 04:29 AM
Do you think Rafa would have played a small claycourt tournament in gstaad 2 days after last year's Wimbledon final? I'd like an honest answer.
Honest answer: Rafa is the only player who ever won RG, Queen's and Wimbledon back to back. Rafa was at Queen's the day after tying Borg's record of 4 in a row at RG and he's actually played Queen's during all the years he won practically every clay court tournament in sight (including RG) just before the start of the grass season.
Fed had an easy RG final vs Sod (nothing you could compare with the longest W 5 setter between #1 and #2 BTW), he's also played 0 final between AO in January and Madrid in May, so hard to argue he somehow overplayed. I can't see any valid reason why he skipped Halle other than personal preference, which quite blatantly was the real reason for his last minute withdrawal.

jamesblakefan#1
06-17-2009, 04:32 AM
22. *Just discovered* Rafa is the only person that can ever be tired. If Federer or anyone else happens to be tired after winning a tournament, they are an arrogant jerk who should suck it up.

Sentinel
06-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Veronique, this is just a fun thread. We are all just going "along with it". :-D

"suck it up like a man" - is that how Americans put it. I love American English!

kimizz
06-17-2009, 01:32 PM
2x. Nadal doesnt have many years at the top because hes style of play is too demanding,exhausting and leads to injuries - on the otherhand if he has an injury, lets say a knee problem, hes faking it :)

Klatu Verata Necktie
06-17-2009, 02:20 PM
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/Sour%20Grapes.jpg
Honest answer: Rafa is the only player who ever won RG, Queen's and Wimbledon back to back. Rafa was at Queen's the day after tying Borg's record of 4 in a row at RG and he's actually played Queen's during all the years he won practically every clay court tournament in sight (including RG) just before the start of the grass season.
Fed had an easy RG final vs Sod (nothing you could compare with the longest W 5 setter between #1 and #2 BTW), he's also played 0 final between AO in January and Madrid in May, so hard to argue he somehow overplayed. I can't see any valid reason why he skipped Halle other than personal preference, which quite blatantly was the real reason for his last minute withdrawal.

VivalaVida
06-17-2009, 02:27 PM

ROFL X 500!! best post ever!

jamesblakefan#1
06-17-2009, 07:23 PM
Anyone that beats Nadal (see: Soderling) is instantly the worst guy on the planet and a cheater who should never be allowed play tennis again.

Madhoshi22
06-17-2009, 07:34 PM

Wow sir...
10 char. by far!

This made my day!

MT319
06-17-2009, 08:30 PM

No you're right Federer obviously should of withdrew from Halle during Roland Garros not two days after cause that's what he was focusing on at the time...capturing the one major title that's eluded him and trying to tie Sampras's record only come second to playing in Halle. In terms of Federer withdrawing "After" Nadal that might be because Nadal was no longer focusing on Roland Garros at the time of his announcement due to the fact that he was eliminated from the tournament while Federer was not.

Sentinel
06-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Anyone that beats Nadal (see: Soderling) is instantly the worst guy on the planet and a cheater who should never be allowed play tennis again.
Corollary to the above:

No one really beats Nadal. If he "lost" its because of fatigue or injury. Or he just wasn't playing his best, which was so evident to anyone who knows the slightest bit about tennis (obviously not the case with those trollish classless *******s).

effervescence
06-17-2009, 10:19 PM

Lol! Too true.

Thomas Tung
06-17-2009, 11:15 PM
17. If Roger Federer has 14 slams and Rafael Nadal has 6 slams, Rafael Nadal has more slams than Roger Federer.

18. Overzealous fans pay Rafael Nadal 99 cents everytime they make an over-the-top, utterly moronic comment against anyone not named Nadal.

19. How did Barcelona win against Manchester? The night before the match, they all drank 16,475,812 gallons of Rafael Nadal's sweat. Which also happens to be the amount sweated by Rafael Nadal in a typical match.

20. Rafael Nadal is suing Serena Williams for his "license" on the "Serena Slam" achievement, because his 5 French Opens, 1 Wimbledon, and 1 Australian Open already equal a career Grand Slam.

21. If you disagree with #20, then another left-handed, heavy topspin forehand will come out of Rafael Nadal's butt crack and smack away from your backhand.

22. Rafael Nadal didn't "lose" to Robin Soderling at the French Open -- he willed himself to lose. And won. Only Rafael Nadal can defeat Rafael Nadal.

23. Rafael Nadal can defeat 2 Federers with 1 forehand.

24. Rafael Nadal can divide by zero.

25. Contrary to popular belief, Emperor Palpatine was not killed by Darth Vader. Rafael Nadal willed Palpatine to jump into a long, bottomless pit. What, you believe everything you see in the movies?

26. Rafael Nadal was the one who taught Luke Skywalker the Force: another left-handed forehand, otherwise known as Form VIII. Uncle Toni had to take a supporting role as Obi-Wan Kenobi.

27. But because his awesomeness was too much for Skywalker to see, Rafael Nadal used a hand puppet he personally called a "little green freak" as his "avatar". We call it Yoda.

28. The secret password to win the French Open is: Rafael Nadal. Roger Federer only hacked to win it.

29. There are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, Rafael Nadal lives in Majorca.

30. The reason why suicide bombers have been so successful in Iraq is because Rafael Nadal was taking a vacation there. He thought that the conditions were just like clay.

31. The top players of earlier eras were much better than today's current players. This is true. They didn't have to play Rafael Nadal on clay.

32. In a tennis match between Roger Federer and Rod Laver, the winner would be Rafael Nadal.

33. Jack Kramer is known as the founder of percentage tennis. This was before he met Rafael Nadal.

34. In a game of paper-scissors-rock, the only sure way to always win is Rafael Nadal.

35. Alexander the Great solved the Gordian Knot by cutting it. Rafael Nadal solved the Gordian Knot by eating it with some clay paste.

36. The comic book character Wolverine was based on the documentary of Rafael Nadal.

37. "The Punisher" is the name of a comic book character. Andre Agassi took that name, but withdrew his claim after Rafael Nadal ran down all of his shots and returned them with interest.

NamRanger
06-17-2009, 11:16 PM

Every anti-Federer fan use this same excuse for Djokovic when he got beat by Federer in a fairly close 4 set match at the USO. He was "emotionally drained" by mean ol' Roddick.

Brned
06-17-2009, 11:29 PM
32. Rafael Nadal had a son... his name : Chuck Norris

NamRanger
06-17-2009, 11:30 PM
32. Rafael Nadal had a son... his name : Chuck Norris

Actually it should be the reverse.

Brned
06-17-2009, 11:31 PM
Actually it should be the reverse.

Nooooo!! he IS that awesome

Sentinel
06-18-2009, 01:20 AM
Great ones, Thomas Tung.. the divide by zero cracked me up.