PDA

View Full Version : Roger Federer: Back to winning or losing again?

rommil
06-08-2009, 09:24 PM
After winning the French Open, I was thinking, will Federer go back to winning most his matches or will he be losing again to random players like last year and early this year? I had this thought that he will be playing with less pressure and more confidence now that he has won the French crown. I also wonder if it's going to improve his matches with Rafa here on out or will he mentally cramp again.

DarthFed
06-08-2009, 09:26 PM
His year end season was okay, losing to Simon and Murray, winning Basil, and pulling out of Madrid or was it Paris due to back injury

malakas
06-08-2009, 09:28 PM
the pressure is off him now.that could either make him play worse now,or much better.Only time will show.

Fedexeon
06-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Not like he really cares about ranking or Masters Series tournaments, which is shown by his results in non Grand slam tournaments. He plays his best in Grand Slams.

malakas
06-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Not like he really cares about ranking or Masters Series tournaments, which is shown by his results in non Grand slam tournaments. He plays his best in Grand Slams.

he has said he cares about his no.1 ranking.And I bet he cares about Masters too.He just schedules himself to peak in Slams.

rommil
06-08-2009, 09:35 PM
The other thing I have noticed with Roger recently is that his footwork is a tad bit of lower caliber than his prime and I think that's why he is spraying more shots lately and I feel that this might be a confidence issue than physical( well he's not getting younger either). So now with his recent success I would like to think it might add that extra spring on his steps. I would really like to see that forehand click consistently again. It's just a thing of beauty.

joeri888
06-08-2009, 11:22 PM
His season is far better than last year already with Monte-carlo the only event at which he did worse than last year. In Rome, Madrid, RG, AO he did better. Now going to Halle having won back to back titles he's in good form I think and I don't see him losing there. This would mean a 17 match winning streak going into Wimbledon, which would be very nice and would make him a big favourite.

BigServer1
06-08-2009, 11:47 PM
I think that Roger will continue to lose some matches in masters tourneys as he has the last couple years, but I think he'll continue to play well and contend for/win majors.

Everyone trumpeted his demise after Wimby 2008, but the guy has won 2 of the last 3 slams and made the final of the third. He's still playing really good tennis and I think the FO win gives him the only thing that's been missing over the last 12 months: Confidence.

Cyan
06-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Feds winning Wimbledon and USO this year.