PDA

View Full Version : Paint jobs?

Serena2
03-21-2005, 02:17 PM
Hi guys and gals. Im from England, and am really interested in pros and their racquets. Ive always bought racquets because of the people who endorse them (my first was yonex ult 1700 due to martina hingis). Ive only just joined this forum and have now discovered that pros dont actually use the rackets they endorse! ahh-my dreams have been shattered. can some people, explain to me why pros use paintjobs and why they dont just use the actual new frames and just customise them to their own specs? Also, r there any pros that do actually use the frame that they endorse?

fedex27
03-21-2005, 03:20 PM
pros dont change becuase they are used to particular racquet which has brought them to be the best in the world, though they do change strings. instead of making a new racquet they just add lead wegith. if u want more do a search

fedex27
03-21-2005, 03:20 PM
pros dont change becuase they are used to particular racquet which has brought them to be the best in the world, though they do change strings. instead of making a new racquet they just add lead wegith. if u want more do a search

david aames
03-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Most players using Babolat don't use paintjobs. Among them Andy Roddick and Rafael Nadal.

Also, r there any pros that do actually use the frame that they endorse?

moosryan
03-21-2005, 03:56 PM
there are also players who are playing with the frame you buy...but they are custom drilled for a different string pattern, or have lead tape/injected weighting. Just find a racquet you like and enjoy it.

Prince_of_Tennis
03-21-2005, 05:00 PM
Its all about marketing...Those big businesses know that a lot of people buy rackets according to what their favorite player is using. So they paint their rackets to look like the new racket they have out so it will sell.