PDA

View Full Version : Eastbourne tournament 2009

uk_skippy
06-10-2009, 02:39 AM
Hi all

Just to say that I'm here in Eastbourne in an official capacity as part of the stringing team to the tournament. I'm here until Sunday so I'll be dealing, along with upto 4 other stringers, the players for the qualies and the 1st round.

You can follow my progress via twitter using uk_skippy.

I'll also try and update this thread as much as possible.

Regards

Paul

OliverSimon
06-11-2009, 06:41 AM
Dont forget to take pictures

uk_skippy
06-11-2009, 06:56 AM
Dont forget to take pictures

I'll take pictures when I can and when something interesting turns up, but nothing special has as yet.

I've just strung 3 POGs for Vince Spadea with Prince natural gut @ 72lbs - lovely ;-)

Regards

Paul

tintin
06-11-2009, 07:21 AM
I'll take pictures when I can and when something interesting turns up, but nothing special has as yet.

I've just strung 3 POGs for Vince Spadea with Prince natural gut @ 72lbs - lovely ;-)

Regards

Paul

have you seen Mauresmo there in the past and is she nice?

uk_skippy
06-11-2009, 07:51 AM

This is my 1st year here, but have seen her at Wimbledon. She is due to pay here though.

Regards

Paul

ericsson
06-11-2009, 08:00 AM

She is very nice, one of the nicest on tour.

tintin
06-11-2009, 08:28 AM
This is my 1st year here, but have seen her at Wimbledon. She is due to pay here though.

Regards

Paul

cool.let me know when she gets there and how her practice sessions are going.Her game seems absolutely suited for grass.old school serve/volley player with a beauty of a 1 hander:grin:

She is very nice, one of the nicest on tour.

yeah she was really nice when were at New Haven last year8-)

Gugafan
06-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Thought I would bump this thread for the OP....It would be great if you could share the pros racquet specs with us, from the tournament.

THESEXPISTOL
06-18-2009, 09:39 PM
I was amazed (once again) by Santoro Match yesterday vs Ljubicic. The bad thing was that Ljubicic injuried himself.

uk_skippy
06-19-2009, 08:30 AM
I haven't got any frame specs, I'll only have tensions of the players I worked on, and maybe a few others.

Ask a for a specific player and I'll see what I can do.

Regards

Paul

bronco_mba
06-19-2009, 11:52 AM
Skippy - Good of you to do this again - always appreciate the insight into what the pros are playing with. Will you be at Wimbledon again this year?

I'd be particularly interested in what Wozniaki is stringing with and at what tensions. Also whether its an APD or APDC. Thanks in advance!

jazar
06-19-2009, 12:07 PM

i've been stringing for amelie this week. she seemed very charming and friendly

I'd be particularly interested in what Wozniaki is stringing with and at what tensions. Also whether its an APD or APDC. Thanks in advance!

i havent been stringing wozniacki's rackets this week, but i think she did have cortex and was using a hybrid of revenge and vs team at around 55

uk_skippy
06-19-2009, 01:01 PM
i've been stringing for amelie this week. she seemed very charming and friendly

i havent been stringing wozniacki's rackets this week, but i think she did have cortex and was using a hybrid of revenge and vs team at around 55

Thanks for stepping Jamie. I couldn't have answered that one.

How did it go in the end? Busy all the time? Weather looks like it's been ok.

Paul

uk_skippy
06-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Skippy - Good of you to do this again - always appreciate the insight into what the pros are playing with. Will you be at Wimbledon again this year?

Yes, I'm at Wimbledon from Sunday until 28th June. I'll post when I can.

Paul

jazar
06-19-2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks for stepping Jamie. I couldn't have answered that one.

How did it go in the end? Busy all the time? Weather looks like it's been ok.

Paul

it went well, was relatively busy but obviously getting a little quieter each day. i only had 4 rackets to do today. almost every player paid up in the end as well. ljubicic ended the week on 30.5kg. spadea came in to pay the day after you left; got him to do a quick rap, should have recorded it, but i forgot.

weather was great, warm and sunny, got a little windier throughout the week though.

uk_skippy
06-19-2009, 01:30 PM
ljubicic ended the week on 30.5kg. spadea came in to pay the day after you left; got him to do a quick rap, should have recorded it, but i forgot.

Thanks for the update. I'm guessing Ljubicic is out of Wimby as I saw him go over on his ankle yesterday. Vinny still there though. I hope someone has already got him ;-)

See you next weekend

Paul

jazar
06-19-2009, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm guessing Ljubicic is out of Wimby as I saw him go over on his ankle yesterday. Vinny still there though. I hope someone has already got him ;-)

See you next weekend

Paul

yeah, when ljubo came up to pay he was limping. he said that hopefully he would be alright for wimbledon, but i doubt it.

tintin
06-20-2009, 06:45 AM
is this really the new Head Youtek Radical or just a new pj because sounds and looks different than Mauresmo's Dunlop or just new strings ?:confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoKMo-t9L_M&feature=related

looks as if everyone is looking at Azarenka's side thinking wtf:shock: and just up:lol:

uk_skippy
06-20-2009, 08:47 AM
is this really the new Head Youtek Radical or just a new pj because sounds and looks different than Mauresmo's Dunlop or just new strings ?:confused:

It was just a new pj. Looked just her old/original Dunlop's. Def not a Head let alone the Youtek Radical. Strings were VS gut. Not sure on tensions. Jazar did her rqts. I think it was around the 25kg mark

Regards

Paul

jazar
06-20-2009, 11:14 AM
It was just a new pj. Looked just her old/original Dunlop's. Def not a Head let alone the Youtek Radical. Strings were VS gut. Not sure on tensions. Jazar did her rqts. I think it was around the 25kg mark

yeah, just new pj. i think it looks quite good. tension was 24kg throughout the week

Storm_Kyori
06-20-2009, 09:04 PM
Anyone have Nadia's strings and tension? I also use and Aero Storm and I would like to know what she has on there. I would think it's Babolat Revenge, but there's a high number of red strings out there. Thank you.

~Storm

jazar
06-21-2009, 12:03 AM
petrova was using the aero storm, strung two piece in babolat revenge . her tensions throughout the week were 23/24, 24/25. 24.5/25.5 and 25/26

jelle v
06-21-2009, 12:45 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoKMo-t9L_M&feature=related

looks as if everyone is looking at Azarenka's side thinking wtf:shock: and just up:lol:

That's Sharapova shrieking on the court left of Mauresmo and Petrova I believe.. :lol:

tintin
06-21-2009, 04:16 AM
That's Sharapova shrieking on the court left of Mauresmo and Petrova I believe.. :lol:

no Sharapova was not playing in Eastbourne but Azarenka was there:razz:

tintin
06-21-2009, 04:19 AM
yeah, just new pj. i think it looks quite good. tension was 24kg throughout the week

thanks for the info Jazar.The sound coming from her racquet does sound different to me:confused:

and is she really as nice as they say she is because a lot of WTA players aren't cool at all(if you know what I mean) but I've never heard anything negative about Mauresmo.
her stringer in Paris JC Poupon tells me she's one of the nicest chicks around:grin:

babolat15
06-21-2009, 04:34 AM
cool man!..........

jelle v
06-21-2009, 04:43 AM
no Sharapova was not playing in Eastbourne but Azarenka was there:razz:

Ok thanks for clearing that up.. :) My god what shrieking from that court :lol:

jazar
06-21-2009, 07:50 AM
thanks for the info Jazar.The sound coming from her racquet does sound different to me:confused:

and is she really as nice as they say she is because a lot of WTA players aren't cool at all(if you know what I mean) but I've never heard anything negative about Mauresmo.
her stringer in Paris JC Poupon tells me she's one of the nicest chicks around:grin:

she really was a very nice person and i cant say a bad word about her personality. the only wta player who wasnt very pleasant was anna chakvetadze; she was just miserable

tintin
06-21-2009, 09:26 AM
she really was a very nice person and i cant say a bad word about her personality. the only wta player who wasnt very pleasant was anna chakvetadze; she was just miserable

nice to hear that,thanks Jazar:)
yeah Anna seems a tad grumpy to say the least:lol::lol:

gocard
06-29-2009, 08:52 AM
What is Mauresmo's original racquet, I read somewhere it is the MW 200g? Or is it a different one?