PDA

View Full Version : Done With Ascics! Need help with Nike?????

Tennis16
06-10-2009, 05:32 AM
I purchased a pair of Ascics GR 2's about two months ago. This is a great shoe. But the durability issue I cannot afford especially with no wear guarantee. The soles of these shoes are down to nothing, and with no warranty I am not to happy. Previous to these shoes I had Nike Breathe Free 2's. I like the comfort of the shoe, but I actually slid and fell twice on a hard court with these. Never happened to me before. I would like to find something in the Nike family of shoes with the six month warranty. I was thinking of trying the Breathe Cage 2. I noticed that it has a different outsole material as compared to the Breathe Free 2. Anyone who has used Nike please let me know what you would recommend. Thanks

Gorecki
06-10-2009, 05:47 AM
i use Nike and Asics and i recomend you play less grinding style...

TW Staff
06-10-2009, 07:52 AM
The Cage II came the closest in feel and performance to the BF II so that would be a good option.

You will also find a similar fit in the Court Ballistec 1.3s. However, all of our testers moved down a half size in this shoe, so regular 10 went to a 9.5 for the correct fit.

Hope this helps.

Chris, TW

Figjam
06-10-2009, 09:31 PM
The Cage II came the closest in feel and performance to the BF II so that would be a good option.

You will also find a similar fit in the Court Ballistec 1.3s. However, all of our testers moved down a half size in this shoe, so regular 10 went to a 9.5 for the correct fit.

Hope this helps.

Chris, TW
ALL???
I tried on a pair of 12s, Vs my usual 12.5 (store I was in only had 12) and I dont think I could wear them, was way too tight across my forefoot!

Tofuspeedstar
06-10-2009, 10:03 PM
The BC IIs are clunky in my opinion compared to my Gel Resolutions..warranty or not I'll stick with the Resolutions..

firefox
06-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Holy Bird has Asics with 6 months warranty.

a-naik.1
06-11-2009, 05:40 AM
I would actually recommend the Court Ballistecs. Great shoe, comfort, durable, and 6 month warranty.

Tennis16
06-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Hey Firefox,
Thanks for the info on the Warranty. Actually just spoke with TW, and they will match the warranty. So I am going to stick with the GR 2's. Thanks

ckledzepplin
06-11-2009, 09:24 AM
ALL???
I tried on a pair of 12s, Vs my usual 12.5 (store I was in only had 12) and I dont think I could wear them, was way too tight across my forefoot!

huh? I went down a half size for my ballistecs and they fit great.

Xisbum
06-11-2009, 09:26 AM
Holy Bird has Asics with 6 months warranty.

Hey Firefox,
Thanks for the info on the Warranty. Actually just spoke with TW, and they will match the warranty. So I am going to stick with the GR 2's. Thanks

Was going to chime in with the same info. Even without a warranty, I would stick with my Rez 2s; best feeling tennis shoes I've ever worn.

Tennis16
06-11-2009, 10:06 AM
I have tried Nike, and Adidas. But nothing compares to the GR 2. Just has it all.