PDA

View Full Version : Cages I or II?

Ronny
06-10-2009, 06:33 AM
Hey, I'm chosing between shoes atm and am not sure which to get. The Cage I or Cage II. I've had tried both before and am still not sure on which one.

The_Question
06-10-2009, 09:53 AM
Cage I, since it's dirt cheap at Nike Outlet stores...

Ronny
06-10-2009, 04:44 PM
What bout if i can get them for same price?

Ronny
06-11-2009, 05:57 PM
bumpbump anyone?

scraps234
06-11-2009, 07:24 PM
if they are the same price then the 2s because wouldnt they be the upgraded version? however i have only used the cage 1s because they are as the question said dirt cheap at nike outlets...

reesespiecestennis
06-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Get the cage 2, perfect shoe. Nuff said.

mrmo1115
06-15-2009, 02:55 PM
I actually liked both for different reasons. I really can't describe the Cage I's anymore because I simply forgot, but I do remember that they were good shoes to play with. I like the Cage 2 as well, but the knock on both of them is that they wear out fast. The tread gets rubbed off so fast its ridiculous.

The Wreck
06-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Cage I's were way more comfortable in my opinion. But that's not to say the Cage II's are uncomfortable. The I's probably just fit my foot better.

Stewball55
06-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Cage II's I have both and the II's seem more comfy to me....

The_Question
06-16-2009, 10:59 AM
Both are pretty much the same in cushion wise, but I personally like the 1's design better than 2...

tennistomcat
08-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Cage 1's were killing my big toe at the joint with the plastic outer cage digging into my foot at that spot when the forefoot is bent - I can't play with these shoes due to pain here. Anyone else have that problem? Cage 1's ran more narrow for me than any other nike shoe & I have normal to slightly narrow foot. My cousin has the cage 2s & he loves them. says they are better for ppl with wider feet. I haven't worn cage 2s but I really don't like the cage 1s

shaysrebelII
08-04-2009, 11:38 PM
Cage 1's were killing my big toe at the joint with the plastic outer cage digging into my foot at that spot when the forefoot is bent - I can't play with these shoes due to pain here. Anyone else have that problem? Cage 1's ran more narrow for me than any other nike shoe & I have normal to slightly narrow foot. My cousin has the cage 2s & he loves them. says they are better for ppl with wider feet. I haven't worn cage 2s but I really don't like the cage 1s

odd, I actually experienced this on a smaller scale with the II. A couple weeks into playing with them, the problem went away tho, idk why.

as for choosing between the two, I'd recommend the II but I've never played with the I. The only thing I didn't like about them other than what I already mentioned was their height; I prefer feeling lower to the ground than I did in the II's.

Bad Dog
08-06-2009, 04:33 AM
Both are pretty much the same in cushion wise, but I personally like the 1's design better than 2...

The Cage One may be the most attractive tennis shoe that Nike has ever designed. People routinely stop to ask where I bought them. This has not happened quite as often with any other tennis shoes (though Adidas Barricades generate almost as much interest).

nn
08-06-2009, 12:37 PM
I will go with cage II.

Never like cage I even they were same price as II at factory outlet. cage II has more cushioning and fit. Only negative side of II is shoelaces kind a short.