PDA

View Full Version : Hello, i really need help.

franpuredrive
06-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Hello, i'm Francisco from Argentina. I want to get a scolarschip for 2009 but i don't have any information about universities, costs.

Here in Argentina one American Dollar costs 3.8 of our national currency so, for parents with a regular job it's very difficult to pay a University in USA. So it has to be a very cheap university, or, there are public universities there? 100% free? i ask that because here in Argentina are 100% free universities but with no Sports Programs.
And, what about the scorlarschips? how much of the total cost they cover?.

What's the difference between Division I,II, III and NAIA. All of them have scolarships?.

There is any work/study programs? in wich universities provides work in or outside campus to the students who can't afford the studes.

It isn't my goal to play in a competitive team but yes in a team that have a lot of matches/year and in a nice campus with decent level of education.

I don't know about the division that fits in my level of tennis, but, i saw that in division 1 allways are players like isner, i don't see me returning serves to guys like that, but, i think that i could fit in division II or in a division I with a low rank.

If anyone could help me telling me the right steps to get a scolarship i would be very thankful.

Sorry for my english, i know that i have to improve it a kit, but, if a real possibility shows up i would take intensive classes.

Thanks for everything, and sorry again for my borat style english or Nadal in 2004 english.

Francisco

franpuredrive
06-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Oh, i have 20 years old!... i'm not very young

fortunecookiesjc
06-11-2009, 05:06 AM
Dear Francisco, do you know what state you would reside in?

tennisjon
06-11-2009, 07:41 AM
Francisco, I would look for D2 or NAIA schools that offer scholarships. Being older means that you have less years on your clock for D1. Unfortunately, most schools have probably already given away their athletic money for the upcoming season. I would look at other players in the past few years that you know are near your ability and where they went to college in the states so as to know what schools you should be looking for. Academics also play into it. At this late time, you may decide to just go to a junior college and get yourself acclimated to college life in America. Either that, or plan to enroll for spring semester.

arunstennis
06-11-2009, 07:44 AM
you should try baldwin wallace they are a nice D3 school with a quiet campus and its nice i do camps there all the time here is the link i believe you can apply for a scholarship off this website if im not mistaken http://www.bw.edu/athletics/mt/

you click the recruiting tab

OleNole
06-11-2009, 08:39 AM
There are public universities in the U.S., but they are not free. Even the cheapest ones cost many thousands of dollars for international students, who are sometimes not eligible for financial aid. Scholarships and work study programs do exist, but they almost never cover your expenses completely.
Without knowing how strong of a student or tennis player you are, it is difficult to know what the best option is for you.
You can go to the collegeboard website to learn more about different American universities that might fit your interests.
I've used the website and very basic guidelines to compile a list of 2 and 4 year colleges you might consider.

http://collegesearch.collegeboard.com/search/servlet/advsearchservlet?buttonPressed=viewResults&navigateTo=9&viewpage=6

(I don't know if that link will work or not, but if not you ought ot be able to do the search yourself from collegeboard.com )
From there, you might want to start talking to coaches to learn what you need to do to become academically eligible to play for their teams. You can look at tennisrecruiting.net to see at what level these teams compete.

tennismom42
06-12-2009, 03:22 PM
ask Igal Buberman at the University of North Florida in jacksonville, Florida.

He recruits many from south america and I think he has one position left.

I am not sure if I spelled his name correctly, but you can find him on the internet

Also, keep in mind, that we Americans get sensitive about our scholarships going to foreigners. And lastly, know that virtually noone gets a full ride. At best there are 4.5 scholarships per college to be shared among 7 to 11 players.

deddied
06-12-2009, 04:58 PM
you said his name right, he wanted my brother to play for them, but he said no.

ajaxman
06-14-2009, 02:47 AM
why not?