PDA

View Full Version : Whats the Best "Affordable" Camp?

154Ace
03-21-2005, 05:42 PM
Im 15 and am about a 4.5 player. I cant afford Bolleteri or Evert, so im looking at some college tennis camps. I live in Southeast Georgia,and was looking at University of Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and FSU. Anybody been to any of these and what was your expierence? Which camp would you suggest? They dont have to be these camps, it could be any one in FLA, GA, or SC.

Geezer Guy
03-22-2005, 08:54 AM
Have you looked at the John Newcombe Tennis Ranch? www.NewkTennis.com They have an academy for kids. I've attended the adult camp - it was excellent (and affordable). I've SEEN the youth camp - it looked good. I don't know anything about their price structure, or the details of the youth camp. It's in central Texas, which isn't TOO far from SE Georgia.

matchpoints
03-22-2005, 07:50 PM
I've worked the kids camps at Newk's quite a few times last year. Currently, I do almost all adults, but if you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail or you can ask on here as well (in case others are interested). I can probably get you some e-mails of kids that've been there before so you can talk to them as well. Don't worry, I won't be biased especially since I don't get anything out of it, not that it should matter.
Best of luck.