PDA

View Full Version : Question re: playoffs, DQ's, new computer ratings

seleswannabe
06-12-2009, 05:10 AM
I've been reading a lot about DQ's & ratings lately and I have a couple of questions.

1) I am aware of the USTA changes in terms of benchmark and computer rated players not be subject to the dynamic disqualification process. Does this rule also apply to local, district, state, district, national playoffs?

2) Also, since new computer ratings come out in August (I think?) how does that impact teams that are potentially going to district/national championships? It seems these new ratings just prior to those championships would completely dismantle most of those teams in contention.

TIA for your responses!

raiden031
06-12-2009, 06:31 AM
I've been reading a lot about DQ's & ratings lately and I have a couple of questions.

1) I am aware of the USTA changes in terms of benchmark and computer rated players not be subject to the dynamic disqualification process. Does this rule also apply to local, district, state, district, national playoffs?

2) Also, since new computer ratings come out in August (I think?) how does that impact teams that are potentially going to district/national championships? It seems these new ratings just prior to those championships would completely dismantle most of those teams in contention.

TIA for your responses!

1) benchmark and computer-rated players are exempt from the DQ Process the entire year through all championship events.

2) You must be talking about early-start ratings, because offical rating don't come out until November which are the year-end ratings. Early-start ratings do not disqualify you from your adult league championship events, but they may prevent you from joining a fall/winter mixed/combo league at the same level of play.

seleswannabe
06-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Thanks so much!