PDA

View Full Version : Barricade V'sNarrower than other Brands?

Bubba
06-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Okay - quick question on the Adidas Baricades... I think I remember tha the Barricades tend to run a bit more narrow than say, K-Swiss, Nike, or others.

Can anyone shed a perspective? I really like the B V's and want to get a pair but am concerned about the width.

Thanks

anticapi
06-12-2009, 11:11 AM
I've noticed the Vs have a wider toebox than the IVs so I think Addidas may have had complaints about narrowness and added some room but its still narrow around the center-arch area. K-Swss are known for being wider but I have never tried any. As for Nike they run slightly smaller than Barricades (I was a half size larger in Cage 2s than Barricades). The Cage 2s, at least to me, were narrower towards the tip/toe area of the shoe than Barricades.

LPShanet
06-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Okay - quick question on the Adidas Baricades... I think I remember tha the Barricades tend to run a bit more narrow than say, K-Swiss, Nike, or others.

Can anyone shed a perspective? I really like the B V's and want to get a pair but am concerned about the width.

Thanks

The BV is actually adidas's widest shoe in the forefoot area. The heel and arch are narrower, however. The BV is wider in the forefoot than either Nike Ballistic or Vapor. Can't speak to current K-Swiss models, as I haven't tried them in a while, and they vary in width from model to model.

subaru3169
06-16-2009, 04:26 PM
when you first try 'em on new, they are really really stiff so the narrowness feeling is probably fooling you into thinking it's pretty tight.. but after break in, they're much more comfy.. but it takes forever before they are fully broken in

godukedevils
06-20-2009, 05:41 AM
I have the 5's and they don't strike me as more narrow. I will say however, for me they ran a little big.

In the 4's I wore a 12 and in the 5's I wear an 11 1/2.