PDA

View Full Version : What Racket and String is this?

フェデラー
06-12-2009, 06:13 PM
http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq132/ImBathingApe/02_l.jpg

This is Tatsuma Ito. He is (as of last year's all Japan Championships) the 2nd best player in Japan. The winner was Go Soeda, who is close to over taking Nishikori's place as top japanese player in the rankings. Nishikori doesn't really compete in Japan except for AIG Japan Open, he really just seems to train in Florida.

Nanshiki
06-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Well it's some sort of Dunlop racquet (probably an older one) and Babolat strings; I'd guess it's Pro Hurricane Tour (definiately on the mains) and probably VS natural gut on the crosses (maybe Xcel though).

フェデラー
06-12-2009, 06:53 PM
I really like the racket. If someone can identify the model that would be great.

Nanshiki
06-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Get another picture that shows more of the frame.

For what it's worth, Kei Nishikori probably doesn't like the excess attention he gets in Japan...

imalil2gangsta4u
06-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Idk what it is but it looks nice.

featherlight
06-12-2009, 08:51 PM
where did you get this picture?

フェデラー
06-12-2009, 09:04 PM
http://alljapantennis.jp/nikke83rd/index.shtml

This picture was shot at the 83rd All Japan Championships. Go Soeda won in mens singles beating Tatsuma Ito (pictured)

フェデラー
06-12-2009, 09:06 PM
http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/tommy-robredo-rolandgarros09a.jpg

No one thought about this ^^

Eiffel59
06-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Same frame..."option 2c" from Dunlop pro room..old Revelation mold (probably Rev Xact) copy of sixone 95 ( 16x18 ) without the PWS....

フェデラー
06-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Same frame..."option 2c" from Dunlop pro room..old Revelation mold (probably Rev Xact) copy of sixone 95 ( 16x18 ) without the PWS....

Can you please explain yourself further?

Eiffel59
06-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Dunlop has various "classic" molds from his recent and less recent past...Robredo was using "option 2b" <a.k.a. Revelation Tour Pro 95> but switched to "2c" at the beginning of this year-different at the throat (tapered instead of flat)- and 16x18 instead of 16x19

フェデラー
06-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Dunlop has various "classic" molds from his recent and less recent past...Robredo was using "option 2b" <a.k.a. Revelation Tour Pro 95> but switched to "2c" at the beginning of this year-different at the throat (tapered instead of flat)- and 16x18 instead of 16x19

I take it this is for pros only?:cry:

Eiffel59
06-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Yes sir....unless you have a time machine and buy some old stick in pristine form , that is ;)

フェデラー
06-13-2009, 06:38 AM
Now this is just an idea, but I think it should work. Now I play table tennis as well as tennis, and one of, if not THE biggest companies, allows you to create your own paddle. You choose weight, shape, color, handle design, what's in the blade (all wood, carbon, etc) Now its pretty expensive, but it allows you to get just what you want. Could tennis companies try this? Or would it be too difficult?

mozzer
06-13-2009, 07:07 AM
www.vantagetennis.com

フェデラー
06-13-2009, 07:27 AM
Get another picture that shows more of the frame.

For what it's worth, Kei Nishikori probably doesn't like the excess attention he gets in Japan...

He could at least prove himself to be the best Japanese player. Soeda will over take him in ranking soon I checked.

ayuname
06-13-2009, 07:51 AM
bosworth does custom too, right?

フェデラー
06-13-2009, 08:27 AM
bosworth does custom too, right?

Yes. that is what Stepanek uses.

Nanshiki
06-13-2009, 03:16 PM
He could at least prove himself to be the best Japanese player. Soeda will over take him in ranking soon I checked.

That's because Nishikori is injured!

フェデラー
06-13-2009, 03:20 PM
That's because Nishikori is injured!

Well I mean he could have competed last year. How are these youngsters getting injured? Has Federer ever been injured?

Nanshiki
06-13-2009, 04:40 PM
The new guys like Nishikori play a very physical game... if you can't play at 100% you drop down in rankings. Federer plays a very classic, all-around game, which means that a "bad year" is one where he "only" wins one grand slam.

Nishikori also a lot thinner and lighter than most of the big-name pros as most Japanese people tend to be... although obviously he's stronger than average.

Robbie_1988
06-13-2009, 10:38 PM

This is Tatsuma Ito. He is (as of last year's all Japan Championships) the 2nd best player in Japan. The winner was Go Soeda, who is close to over taking Nishikori's place as top japanese player in the rankings. Nishikori doesn't really compete in Japan except for AIG Japan Open, he really just seems to train in Florida.

Judging by your username, can I assume your favourite player is someone who comes from Switzerland?

Conquistador
06-14-2009, 06:16 AM
The new guys like Nishikori play a very physical game... if you can't play at 100% you drop down in rankings. Federer plays a very classic, all-around game, which means that a "bad year" is one where he "only" wins one grand slam.
Nishikori also a lot thinner and lighter than most of the big-name pros as most Japanese people tend to be... although obviously he's stronger than average.

Federer plays with elegance and class. He plays as if someone was painting his strokes in motion. He plays beautiful tennis. A "bad year" for Federer is only winning 3 slams. Thats how good he is.

フェデラー
06-14-2009, 10:03 AM
Judging by your username, can I assume your favourite player is someone who comes from Switzerland?
ahh you are quite clever.
Federer plays with elegance and class. He plays as if someone was painting his strokes in motion. He plays beautiful tennis. A "bad year" for Federer is only winning 3 slams. Thats how good he is.

a bad year is only winning 1 slam.

Ace.K_in_Japan
06-15-2009, 03:36 AM
It is not Dunlop raclet.

It is the paint-job racket of MIZUNO. He has played with MIZUNO MS500. After he turned pro, he make a contract with DUNLOP, but he still use MIZUNO by painting black.

Eiffel59
06-15-2009, 04:11 AM
It is not Dunlop raclet.

It is the paint-job racket of MIZUNO. He has played with MIZUNO MS500. After he turned pro, he make a contract with DUNLOP, but he still use MIZUNO by painting black.

MS500 spacing and last cross/throatpiece gap look different to me..but head bumper is similar to Mizuno's.
Possibly, they use the same mold and all in all they're almost the same racquet...

Nanshiki
06-15-2009, 11:05 AM

Um, seeing as how he's never won a calender slam, three slams is a GREAT year. In fact, three slams would be an AWESOME year.

But people got on his case when he only won a single slam in 2008.

Sublime
06-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Well it's some sort of Dunlop racquet (probably an older one) and Babolat strings; I'd guess it's Pro Hurricane Tour (definiately on the mains) and probably VS natural gut on the crosses (maybe Xcel though).

Those crosses look black to me. There aren't that many black color strings on the market, and none by babolat or luxilon.

Eiffel59
06-15-2009, 02:12 PM

Those crosses look black to me. There aren't that many black color strings on the market, and none by babolat or luxilon.

BLACK? :-?

VinhLam
06-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Now this is just an idea, but I think it should work. Now I play table tennis as well as tennis, and one of, if not THE biggest companies, allows you to create your own paddle. You choose weight, shape, color, handle design, what's in the blade (all wood, carbon, etc) Now its pretty expensive, but it allows you to get just what you want. Could tennis companies try this? Or would it be too difficult?

Pros get that racquet with what ever specs they want. It not neccessary a company that lets you custom make your racquet. Usually when pros play with an all black racquet, it is still in the making before they put it out in the market. It might be one of those 4D's because Robrebo or how ever you spell his name uses one. (well suppose to be, might be a pj)

Nanshiki
06-15-2009, 07:11 PM

Are you blind or ********?

The crosses are WHITE.

Not to mention that he has a Babolat stencil for string sponsorship, and a Dunlop stencil for the racquet.

ElMagoElGato
06-15-2009, 07:29 PM
Looks like a Diacluster 1.0 TP to me.

Eiffel59
06-16-2009, 03:51 AM
Nope...Diacluster is box-shaped at the handle..this is not...

フェデラー
06-16-2009, 09:27 PM
thanks for all the replies. I think tatsuma switched rackets lol