PDA

View Full Version : ballistecs a little bit too tight?

kchau
06-12-2009, 07:21 PM
i just got my ballstics after knowing that they would be too tight when trying them on, but i ordered them anyways. good use of my warranty voucher

i decided to order them when i realized that the forefoot could be heat molded to make it a tad wider,

now my ballistecs fit like a glove. almost like a second sock.

take a shoe tree and shove it in, cinch up the shoe real tight, and then use a hairdryer to apply heat to the sides of the forefoot, where the balls of the feet are. the hairdryer wont do enough heat to damage the shoe, but will heat it up so i can start flexing more. after that, while it is still work, put the shoe on, and tighten it up as much as possible, then apply heat, start moving around like you are playing tennis, and then use the hairdryer to blow cool air on it, let it cool, then loosen all the laces.

it should fit a bit better after that.

goosala
06-18-2009, 09:59 PM
Yes, they do fit narrow versus the Breathe Free II's. I had to play in them about four times before they molded to my feet. They still are snug.

mozzer
06-19-2009, 04:38 AM
Yes, they do fit narrow versus the Breathe Free II's. I had to play in them about four times before they molded to my feet. They still are snug.
goosala, how do you find the fit of the Gel Resolution 2 compared to Ballistec 1.3? Do you recoomend going down half a size in the Ballistecs?

goosala
06-19-2009, 11:21 AM
I wear both a size 9 in the Asics and the Nike Ballistec 1.3. The Asics fit my feet better because they are roomier in the forefoot. The Gel cushioning is just as good if not better than Air Max. I was a hardcore Nike fan until I discovered the first generation of the Gel Resolution.