PDA

View Full Version : So Cal sectionals

SoCal10s
06-14-2009, 12:53 PM
what the heck happened with the Southern Calif. sectional ? I'm looking at the boys 16 players list and a lot of guys are playing up in the age division even some 14s are playing up... why is this?

I remember when this was the most prestigious tournament to win and no one would have played up... what's going on ?

are the players running away and afraid to lose or do they play up ,to get better competition ?

or do they just want to lose early and go home ?

SoCalDominates
06-14-2009, 05:07 PM
what the heck happened with the Southern Calif. sectional ? I'm looking at the boys 16 players list and a lot of guys are playing up in the age division even some 14s are playing up... why is this?

I remember when this was the most prestigious tournament to win and no one would have played up... what's going on ?

are the players running away and afraid to lose or do they play up ,to get better competition ?

or do they just want to lose early and go home ?

well i know a few ppl that are 16 but playing 18s because they age up in the next 6 months or so. especially now that SoCal is moving to points alot of ppl who age up soon will play up to get the points for their ranking. and i would assume its the same case for most age groups

subaru3169
06-14-2009, 09:54 PM
so they really are going to get rid of the block seeding??

SoCal10s
06-14-2009, 10:54 PM
well i know a few ppl that are 16 but playing 18s because they age up in the next 6 months or so. especially now that SoCal is moving to points alot of ppl who age up soon will play up to get the points for their ranking. and i would assume its the same case for most age groups

so you think that a lot of people play up because they want to get a head start on next year's rankings?

so forget this year's rankings?

so when they move up, how are they going win more rather than if they stay and play in the lower age group ?

but some of them I see still have a full year left..

baseline08thrasher
06-15-2009, 12:24 PM
so they really are going to get rid of the block seeding??

They aren't getting rid of that..
they still hold out the highest seeds until the second weekend where they play.

subaru3169
06-15-2009, 01:33 PM
They aren't getting rid of that..
they still hold out the highest seeds until the second weekend where they play.

oh i see.. thanks

BradBaughman
06-16-2009, 06:23 PM

hey who are the favorites for each age group?

SoCal10s
06-22-2009, 10:54 PM
SoCalDominates: hey man we got deleted....

SoCalDominates
06-23-2009, 07:51 AM
SoCalDominates: hey man we got deleted....

deleted from what?????