PDA

View Full Version : Nike Men's Spring Oz Open Polo -- Horrible fit!

Bri-guy
06-14-2009, 03:28 PM
I was looking through the sportswear section at my local TJ Maxx when I spotted quite a few of Nike's Australian Open Polos (the one that Federer wore). I was quite happy and wanted to purchase a few, since they were only $16.99. Started with a M, and it was tight. Moved to a L, it was still a little tight. Moved to an XL and it was baggy, loose, and very unflattering.

I was very disappointed in the cut of the shirt. I own many other Nike shirts, including a Nike Master Polo (in XL) and the fit is great. However, it just seems that the material and fit were chosen very poorly for this shirt. I hate the cheap, thin, flimsy material that the collar is made from too. Ugh, it makes me mad just thinking about it.

Anyone else feel this way about these polos? Are Fed's French Open polos the same way? I hope Nike does not continue to produce expensive polos with poor choice in materials and fit. :neutral:

J011yroger
06-14-2009, 07:17 PM
I think they are awesome shirts, and fit me just fine. I suspect that we are shaped differently.

I can wear either the L or XL with no problems.

J

AlexLe205
06-14-2009, 08:00 PM
I got a couple of these and they fit me just fine. The thin material is so that when it gets wet, it'll dry off quicker.

Bri-guy
06-14-2009, 10:40 PM
Yeah, I guess the cut is just bad for me. I was just frustrated because I was excited about getting a nice polo for cheap, only to have it not turn out the way I wanted. :)

Do you guys like the almost stretchy nature of these Australian Open polos? I prefer the Dri-FIT that is more sturdy, perhaps a little thicker, but less clingy. Just a personal preference I suppose.

Cheers!

mtommer
06-14-2009, 11:34 PM
Do you guys like the almost stretchy nature of these Australian Open polos?
Cheers!

I do. I like the Fed Nike polo better than the Adidas polo (non stretch) that I got at TJ Maxx. I was borderline between the L and XL on the Nike shirt. I got the XL but by the end of the summer I'll probably wish I had the L.

J011yroger
06-15-2009, 01:54 AM
Yeah, I guess the cut is just bad for me. I was just frustrated because I was excited about getting a nice polo for cheap, only to have it not turn out the way I wanted. :)

Do you guys like the almost stretchy nature of these Australian Open polos? I prefer the Dri-FIT that is more sturdy, perhaps a little thicker, but less clingy. Just a personal preference I suppose.

Cheers!

I like the stretchy ones better, to me it feels like a higher quality material.

J

jmsala
06-15-2009, 03:45 AM
Have 5 of them and I absolutely love the materials and shape. Maybe you need another cut for your body shape but to me it fits great. I have a similar shape than roger (maybe it helps) and I find the quality very good. I play in a hot weather and I like the thin cloth. Thicker ones feel less breathable to me.

Bri-guy
06-15-2009, 11:53 AM
Well I am pleased to hear that people like the polos.

Roger's body shape is nowhere near mine, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the polo didn't fit.

Hopefully next time I can find something that fits. I'll keep my hopes high! :)

I guess the only thing I have to complain about now is the lack of tennis gear (really, anything at all) at Nike's nearest outlet.

Cheers!

The_Question
06-16-2009, 09:55 AM
and very unflattering.

I giggled for a bit, lol. I wish the TJ Maxx across the street from me would carry something decent like that. All they have these days are golf shirts...

martini1
06-16-2009, 03:24 PM
I was looking through the sportswear section at my local TJ Maxx when I spotted quite a few of Nike's Australian Open Polos (the one that Federer wore). I was quite happy and wanted to purchase a few, since they were only $16.99. Started with a M, and it was tight. Moved to a L, it was still a little tight. Moved to an XL and it was baggy, loose, and very unflattering.

I was very disappointed in the cut of the shirt. I own many other Nike shirts, including a Nike Master Polo (in XL) and the fit is great. However, it just seems that the material and fit were chosen very poorly for this shirt. I hate the cheap, thin, flimsy material that the collar is made from too. Ugh, it makes me mad just thinking about it.

Anyone else feel this way about these polos? Are Fed's French Open polos the same way? I hope Nike does not continue to produce expensive polos with poor choice in materials and fit. :neutral:

The 'Classic" line for Fed has been like that for a few years. They are supposed to be a little more fitted. But I agree with u that this season the Fed polos has been more stretchy than last yr's.

I'd just go for their non-player stuff. They still have the regular fit.

$16.99 is a great deal though.

Bri-guy
06-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Update:

My wife and I were back at the store yesterday and I saw the Fed polos once more. :( I thought about it a little and decided to try on a few different L shirts. I know that clothes are seldom the same exact fit or size, from one shirt to the next. I was pleased to find a L that was flattering on my un-Federer like body. It still is a tad small, but I figure I can wear it anyways. I wear my normal clothes tighter anyways, so why not my tennis stuff. It does fit much, much better than the other L I tried on the other day.

I'm still not a huge fan of the cheap feeling collar, but the rest of the shirt looks nice. Lets hope the large isn't too tight to play in. If not, I still have a nice shirt I can wear when hitting casually with my dad.

Cheers!