PDA

View Full Version : Clothing and Apparel Sponsorship

WARPWOODIE
06-15-2009, 01:19 PM
I understand that Notre Dame has a major contract ($60 mil) with Adidas to supply clothing and apparel to their varsity sports program; so their tennis team wears their clothing and shoes. What other schools/teams have sponsorships like these...how much and with whom?

nocompromise2009
06-15-2009, 01:32 PM
penn state is sponsored by nike

subaru3169
06-15-2009, 01:34 PM
isn't usc nike and ucla adidas??

nocompromise2009
06-15-2009, 01:52 PM
isn't usc nike and ucla adidas??

yeah im pretty sure i know for a fact that both of their football teams are nike so probably the rest of the varsity teams, like notre dame, are sponsored by nike

chrisplchs
06-15-2009, 06:07 PM
UCLA is adidas.. i'm 100 percent sure of that. nobody would use an adidas football unless they got paid lots of money to do so

Surprisingly, not as many teams as you think get these "blanket" contracts as Nike is trying to get fewer while adidas is trying to get more colleges. At a good amount of schools, coaches for each individual teams pick whatever company they want, depending on how much they might give the coaches, discounts, etc

Also, I'm pretty sure ND doesn't have the biggest contract anymore. Michigan is ungodly huge.

But here is a list off the top of my head:

Here is a list of notable ones:

adidas has Tennessee, NC State, Michigan, TAMU, UCLA, Mississippi State(i think as this is a new one), Kansas, Indiana, Northwestern, Arkansas

Nike has Duke, Miami, Florida State, Texas, Southern California, LSU, Virginia, among a lot others

Surprising schools that don't have a blanket contract: Florida, Clemson, Texas Tech, Baylor

MegacedU
06-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Cincinnati has Adidas, Providence College has Prince.

chrisplchs
06-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Cincinnati has Adidas, Providence College has Prince.

so which one did you like better

MegacedU
06-15-2009, 08:49 PM
so which one did you like better

Neither. I'm a Nike girl myself. I have long skinny feet and the rest of me is also long and skinny, and neither Adidas, not Prince make clothes or shoes like that.

chrisplchs
06-15-2009, 08:52 PM
Neither. I'm a Nike girl myself. I have long skinny feet and the rest of me is also long and skinny, and neither Adidas, not Prince make clothes or shoes like that.

Nice. I do notice that Nike outfits tend to be a little tighter than others.

Should have gone to a Nike school. Done with school yet?

MegacedU
06-15-2009, 08:59 PM
I went with the best offers. I have one more year left I graduate in June 2010.

chrisplchs
06-15-2009, 09:03 PM
not bad. i like staying in school, especially thankfully for scholarships.

since you don't play/hurt, you should still be on medical and thus scholarship. no?

scraps234
06-15-2009, 09:07 PM
i think bc is with under armor...? also princeton is with nike im pretty sure

MegacedU
06-15-2009, 09:07 PM
not bad. i like staying in school, especially thankfully for scholarships.

since you don't play/hurt, you should still be on medical and thus scholarship. no?

Yeah, I kept all the money they gave me. I mean my medical issues are unfortunate and there's nothing I can do about it, and so I believe they're still obligated to give it to me since I didn't do anything to warrant it being taken away.

chrisplchs
06-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Yeah, I kept all the money they gave me. I mean my medical issues are unfortunate and there's nothing I can do about it, and so I believe they're still obligated to give it to me since I didn't do anything to warrant it being taken away.

good. i was just making sure that non-revenue sports get taken care of as well as money ball.

so now that you don't play, do you get bored with all the free time?

MegacedU
06-15-2009, 09:14 PM
good. i was just making sure that non-revenue sports get taken care of as well as money ball.

so now that you don't play, do you get bored with all the free time?
Not really, it's nice to work part time and have extra money. Plus I mean I have a lot more doctor's appointments to fill up my time. My grades are a lot better too! I still play now and then, so I haven't given it up entirely. Gotta keep my touch goin.

chrisplchs
06-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Not really, it's nice to work part time and have extra money. Plus I mean I have a lot more doctor's appointments to fill up my time. My grades are a lot better too! I still play now and then, so I haven't given it up entirely. Gotta keep my touch goin.

i figured you would still play now and then in order to not bloat. you're not drunk on a monday night?

MegacedU
06-15-2009, 09:38 PM
i figured you would still play now and then in order to not bloat. you're not drunk on a monday night?

Just Thursday-Saturday. I cut back. Hahaha. One week my housemates and I wanted to see if we could find a bar event (trivia, karaoke, etc) every single night of the week. And we did.

chrisplchs
06-15-2009, 09:48 PM
Just Thursday-Saturday. I cut back. Hahaha. One week my housemates and I wanted to see if we could find a bar event (trivia, karaoke, etc) every single night of the week. And we did.

not bad. not bad at all. summer school or just working?

MegacedU
06-15-2009, 09:55 PM
not bad. not bad at all. summer school or just working?

If I could find a good full time job I'd be working. I think I'm going to go work at one of the yacht clubs on Nantucket.

chrisplchs
06-15-2009, 10:03 PM
wow. go hobnob with the upper class. trophy wife?

MegacedU
06-15-2009, 10:13 PM
I'd like to think I'd be a trophy wife regardless of who I marry. :)

chrisplchs
06-15-2009, 10:19 PM
except if you marry the late night fry cook. ;)

btw, i need a new mixed doubles partner. soccer moms are not cutting it anymore

BigHitterSE
06-24-2009, 12:33 PM
Georgia wears Nike

babolat15
07-01-2009, 01:23 PM
nike has vanderbilt mens sports