PDA

View Full Version : First Time Tournament Any Suggestions Tips

nonick
06-17-2009, 05:31 PM
Hello all,
It will be my first tournament experience. I will be entering 3.5 men's doubles.
Surface: hard.
I would appreciate any suggestions, tips, good tactic/strategies you can give me.
thanks in advance

subaru3169
06-17-2009, 06:02 PM
don't train too hard a few days before your match.. relax and have fun

nfor304
06-17-2009, 06:06 PM
make sure you arrive early and warm up properly before your match, especially if you have a long drive

stapletonj
06-17-2009, 07:35 PM
ummmmm, maybe you should get a partner?
yuk yuk yuk

Seriously, it's your first tournament.
Just relax and enjoy it.
Your attitude should be - Hey, it's my first tournament, if I get ONE POINT, I'm way ahead! Every point I don't totally screw the pooch on is a great victory!

Talk to your partner - You need him/her to convince you that
your not playing well (and there will be times you will question if you have ever actually played this game before, you blew such an easy sitter) is OK and is not "letting him/her down - embarrassing him, etc.

Bring a BIG bag and a little bag. In the BIG bag, have twice as much of everything you could possibly need. sunscreen, banana, towels, clothes, first aid, etc. Leave this bag NEAR the court, but do not carry it ON the Court. (You don't wanna look like you think this is Wimbledon). For what you think you might need during the match (spare racket, at least 3 shirts, 2 towels, lotsa water, head and writband, hat, etc.,) put in the little bag and bring THAT on court.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!!!!!!!

welcome2petrkordaland
06-17-2009, 11:35 PM
like someone said, get there early and hit balls. i mean before the official warm-up. hit 25-50 serves and rally w/ partner; that is, if you guys wanna play well, esp. since it's your first tournament and you could be nervous.

if you're in shape, it's not gonna hurt you and make you tired. trust me. hit some balls.

Gh0st
06-18-2009, 10:03 AM
don't train too hard a few days before your match.. relax and have fun

I'll second this.

Good luck, I'm sure you will have a great time.

Redflea
06-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Just focus on keeping the ball in play, keep the tone as light and fun as you can, and don't be surprised or put off if you are a little nervous - totally normal.

Enjoy yourself!