PDA

View Full Version : Laserfibre MS200TT, Gamma X-ES, or Gamma Progression Es II+

clubfed
04-06-2004, 07:56 PM
I am looking to buy a stringing machine but have never strung a racquet. The three that I am looking at are all about the same price. Which of these is the best overall machine in terms of quality string job and ease of stringing. I am open to other suggestions for a machine in case I've overlooked one. Thanks for the help!!!

Gaines Hillix
04-07-2004, 06:08 PM
The two Gamma machines don't have a lot of differences. I am not sure I go for the lightweight extruded aluminum pieces being an improvement on the X-ES vs the Prog ES II LED. I also don't like rotating tension heads as well as linear grippers. They are slow and require extra string to wrap around the tension head. These do have an electro-mechanical tension regulator vs a voltage based regulator, so they aren't subject to power fluctuations effecting the tension. The frame mount on either of the Gamma machines should be able to handle just about any size or type of frame. Gamma has a good reputation for quality and customer service. But, I think the jury is still out on their 2004 line of machines. I see at least the Prog ES II has a 5 year warranty. I'd make sure that included the tension head before considering it or the other model. The Laserfibre machines are very well built and their customer support is excellent. The MS200TT is a different design than the Gamma machines. It is a manual drop weight and the arm doesn't have to be perfectly horizontal to reach the set tension. It's frame mount is very secure, but some frames require special adapters. The clamps are some of the best out there. I believe there is no scale marked on the arm. You have to use a ruler to set the weight for the tension you want. It depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for convenience and ease of use, the electric machines are worth considering. If top quality construction and excellent customer service are your main consideration, then the Laserfibre machine is the way to go, IMO.