PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Deciding on SHOES !

John-O
06-18-2009, 07:09 AM
Hi Guys,

So heres my problem, ive currently just finished my GCSE'S and am playing alot of tennis during the week and weekends - yay! I currently play in the adidas cc genius novak silver shoes. I dont have a clue what was going through my mind when i bought theese as they are awful ! in looks and in comfortability. So ive been on alot of sites looking at all the latest shoes and now ive come to a stand still what ones to get. Help me decided, its between:

1) Nike Vapor VI - gold and white (federer's wimbledon shoes)
2) Nike Court ballistics - white/purple/green (hard court version of nadals wimbledon shoes)
3) Nike Court Ballistics - Cotton Candy (nadals never worn shoes :0)

Many Thanks !

jakovjasin
06-18-2009, 09:53 AM
In my opinion there is no possible doubt. The equation is:
Roger Federer = 100% tennis = Wimbledon = History. In conclusion, gold and white Nike Vapor VI exceed the others mentioned in style and quality. Nevertheless, I would have preferred the gray color of the same model, maybe because golden is too ostentatious (but not for Federer).

mcutilize
06-18-2009, 10:26 AM
cotton candy if u can find ur size. more stable and better

federbear
06-18-2009, 10:29 AM
Personally, I found the Vapor VI's to be very stiff. They actually caused my feet a lot of pain, and were almost impossible to break in because of whatever material they were made of. I know that the CB's are heavy, but from what I have heard they are a very durable shoe. In my opinion, there will never be a better shoe than the Vapor V.

John-O
06-18-2009, 01:13 PM
cotton candy if u can find ur size. more stable and better

Well over her in the UK, i dont think there very popular especially seen as we have all the new novak shoes the vapors and the wimby CB's - so 3 sites have my size :) - but i dnt no because ive owned vapors before and they are heavenly :) but never CB's

ckledzepplin
06-18-2009, 01:30 PM
if you play on hard courts I'd say the ballistecs cause the warrenty,

John-O
06-18-2009, 01:51 PM
if you play on hard courts I'd say the ballistecs cause the warrenty,

i do play on hard courts - but here in the UK i cant see anything about warranty :?

mcutilize
06-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Well over her in the UK, i dont think there very popular especially seen as we have all the new novak shoes the vapors and the wimby CB's - so 3 sites have my size :) - but i dnt no because ive owned vapors before and they are heavenly :) but never CB's

forget what people say bout weight its not heavy at all. im 14 like 120 pounds and they feel like heaven on my feet. they are very stable and are made for tons of running. breathability could be better tho.

John-O
06-19-2009, 02:07 AM
forget what people say bout weight its not heavy at all. im 14 like 120 pounds and they feel like heaven on my feet. they are very stable and are made for tons of running. breathability could be better tho.

Yes I guess so, so I've seen some stuff that I would wear with them - i.e Australian open shorts with French open polo or Australian open crew with white shorts, but how do u find the polos and crews fit ? if you own them ?

bowchikawow
06-19-2009, 04:20 AM
hi there john o im in exactly the same predicament as you! I need new shoes as my old breathe cages have just fallen apart ( there are three holes in the bottom of my shoe : O). But there are very few tennis shops in London where you can try them out.
Im torn between adidas Genius CC Novak - White/Red/Brown, Nike Air Max Courtballistec 1.3 char/pink/white and the Nike Air CourtBallistec 1.3 Men Shoe Bk/Turq.
I dont see anything about warranty's over in the u.k. either. Any help would be appreciated!

John-O
06-19-2009, 04:54 AM
hi there john o im in exactly the same predicament as you! I need new shoes as my old breathe cages have just fallen apart ( there are three holes in the bottom of my shoe : O). But there are very few tennis shops in London where you can try them out.
Im torn between adidas Genius CC Novak - White/Red/Brown, Nike Air Max Courtballistec 1.3 char/pink/white and the Nike Air CourtBallistec 1.3 Men Shoe Bk/Turq.
I dont see anything about warranty's over in the u.k. either. Any help would be appreciated!

hi bowchikawow - i don't no where about in London you live but they have a *** store that sells older colours of both the cc genius and nike CB's go and try them on get a feel and then go home and order another colour of the internet that's what i would suggest. Yh there is no warranty over here kinda sucks because i also had some breath cages and i ripped through the soles in about 4 months :(.

ckledzepplin
06-19-2009, 12:13 PM
i do play on hard courts - but here in the UK i cant see anything about warranty :?

huh that's odd, cause in the us we have them,that's odd

White:http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMSNIKE-NMACWB.html

Cotton candy:http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMSNIKE-NMACBFO.html

bowchikawow
06-21-2009, 08:50 AM
[QUOTE=ckledzepplin;3577351]huh that's odd, cause in the us we have them,that's odd

why to run it in :evil: just kidding.
Iv decided ot be some really poohy shoes and wait for these funky shoes to be released in the u.k i hear around august
http://i44.tinypic.com/167p7k9.jpg
thanks for all the advice guys.

John-O
06-22-2009, 12:19 PM
[QUOTE=ckledzepplin;3577351]huh that's odd, cause in the us we have them,that's odd

why to run it in :evil: just kidding.
Iv decided ot be some really poohy shoes and wait for these funky shoes to be released in the u.k i hear around august
http://i44.tinypic.com/167p7k9.jpg
thanks for all the advice guys.

P*P ahh lol iv seen theese in another picture there nice but i think im gunan get the white and gold vapors.

Jim A
06-22-2009, 12:35 PM
I like those CB's, they just came out here in the states, running about a benjamin, will be my next pair

bowchikawow
06-22-2009, 01:22 PM
John I would get those ones you are getting but I am worried about the durability as my mates got vapours and they last about 1 month and a bit and we have no warranty so I am definetly getting the cbs.
Jim A apprecaite the hint...il try and work it out.

John-O
06-23-2009, 07:39 AM
hmmm yes still not sure coz of the vapor red dot virus :| and no warranty meens nice gold vapors with DOTS.