PDA

View Full Version : How long do these shoes last??

Arzon
06-18-2009, 05:21 PM
I looked though TW and checked out the shoes. Right now I wear a nice pair of $50 Nikes everywhere I go. But I looked at most of the shoes and they are in the $80-$120 range. My coach told me that if I get a hardcore tennis shoe, I should get a shoe with a 6month sole gurantee. He told me that there is going to be a hole in my soles by 6 months, which is why I should. Do these $100 shoes seriously last only 6-9months??

I would not wear these shoes to school. I would only wear them for tennis. I play about 3 times a week and I am a high 3.5 (rated by my coach) baseline singles player.

JoshDragon
06-18-2009, 07:13 PM
I looked though TW and checked out the shoes. Right now I wear a nice pair of $50 Nikes everywhere I go. But I looked at most of the shoes and they are in the $80-$120 range. My coach told me that if I get a hardcore tennis shoe, I should get a shoe with a 6month sole gurantee. He told me that there is going to be a hole in my soles by 6 months, which is why I should. Do these $100 shoes seriously last only 6-9months??

I would not wear these shoes to school. I would only wear them for tennis. I play about 3 times a week and I am a high 3.5 (rated by my coach) baseline singles player.

How often do you hit?

imalil2gangsta4u
06-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Im a 3.5-4.0. I play 5 times a week at least, and at least 2 or 3 hours each time. I bought some cage II's and they only lasted me like 4 months. Before i started using higher priced shoes, i ran threw cheaper shoes in a month. I think its worth it with the warrenty.

subaru3169
06-18-2009, 11:13 PM
i'd say yes it's worth it.. i play pretty intensely on court and i need the support, especially when i need to switch directions quickly

ckledzepplin
06-18-2009, 11:17 PM
I had a pair of cheaper wilson shoes that I thought they were awesome, but now that I have my CB 1.3's, I'll never go back, I get sooooooo much more support and comfort from the 1.3's.

squints
06-19-2009, 04:08 AM
yes they are worth it. Do they last? depends on how you play/run I guess.

A friend and i bought the same shoes at the same time. He was my hitting partner and he wore through his shoes and got new ones, I continued to use my shoes for the rest of year (a good 9 months and never actually wore through the sole). at the time we were college level 4.0's and played aggressively for at least 4 times a week for a couple hours.

The_Question
06-19-2009, 06:08 AM
Have you read one of the poster here about his HEAD shoes with warranty?

Arzon
06-19-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm just curious to whether or not these shoes are actually WORSE in durability than average shoes. I, as I mentioned, wear a $50 pair of Nikes for everything, from tennis to just walking around and even church. I've had it for about a year and I still use them.

subaru3169
06-19-2009, 10:38 PM
in my experience, the pricier shoes that are made for the sport provide more support

CHOcobo
06-19-2009, 11:11 PM
I'm just curious to whether or not these shoes are actually WORSE in durability than average shoes. I, as I mentioned, wear a $50 pair of Nikes for everything, from tennis to just walking around and even church. I've had it for about a year and I still use them.

it depends on your style of play. most people drag their feet a lot and wear it down twice as much. for the long run, it is better for your health to wear correct shoes for the right activity. if it is easier for you to wear one shoe for everything that you do, then why stop. it's not recommended but it's your choice.

i used to be like you, except i buy a 40 dollar adidas casual for everything i do, even sports for the past 10 years. a pair would last me about 3 years. i totally regret it. it destroyed my arc on my feet and now my feet is in constant pain. my hips is starting to wear down and causing pain. those shoes had no arc support to it. now i have more than just one pair of shoes. comfy sandals for summer time, two for tennis/badminton/basketball, and two for running. i am taking foot wear seriously now. i dont' want authorities in my late 30's/40's. im taking care of my feet as much as i can.

if you do to keep using your nike, buy good insoles. or buy a 40-50 tennis shoe plus insoles. im ordering another for casual wear during the winter. thats the 50 barricade look a like one on TW site. plus insoles.

yonexxx
06-22-2009, 01:25 AM
my adidas feathers only lasted me 2 months into my highschool year. we got them as a team in march and by may thier were gone.

featherlight
06-22-2009, 01:52 AM
don save money on shoes do that for apparels

martini1
06-22-2009, 05:28 AM
Have a pair of Barricade V for 7 months and they show very little wear. Compared to a pair $50 Asics I picked up while waiting for the CB nadal, I used them for 6-7 weeks and the left toe is already showing some wear. The "tracks" are like 50% gone. And I don't wear tennis shoes as a pair of sneakers.

I could also tell the Asics lacks the support from a B5 by a mile. So u do the math. If you are a serious player and runs a lot I would say save your money elsewhere. Consider a new pair of good shoe every year or so because they are just as important as getting new strings.