PDA

View Full Version : Irony

babbette
06-19-2009, 05:59 AM
Yesterday I was watching an old Rafa special on youtube, where Federer said something about Rafa deserving the number one spot totally because he had hoped that whoever took the number one from him not because he was injured but because he was playing and keeping up with him...something along those lines. And now ....Rafa is in danger of losing the number one ranking due to injury.....:cry:

Well, let it be then.:(
http://i39.tinypic.com/eao9c0.jpg

For now................................

Sentinel
06-19-2009, 06:11 AM
Its not really an irony.

Strangely, Nadal fans totally believe Nadal's knee problem but totally disbelieve Federer's mono and back problem.

One COULD say that Federer lost his #1 ranking due to mono and back injury too. If one goes by your logic that is.

Anyway, that's life, dude.

edit: you can see how humble Roger was being in saying that.

catskillthunder
06-19-2009, 06:28 AM
Its not really an irony.

Strangely, Nadal fans totally believe Nadal's knee problem but totally disbelieve Federer's mono and back problem.

One COULD say that Federer lost his #1 ranking due to mono and back injury too. If one goes by your logic that is.

Anyway, that's life, dude.

edit: you can see how humble Roger was being in saying that.

I firmly believed Fed had illness issues. Im a Rafa fan, but I just knew something was wrong with Fed by his on court conditioning. At times he looked lethargic and run down. I am not a Dr. so I would not be able to judge when a player claims they have an illness/injury or not.

Aabye
06-19-2009, 07:35 AM
Yes, Federer's back problems were probably real. And the only thing I would wonder about the mono is how he recovered from it so quickly! That's isn't doubt that he had it so much, but amazement at his recovery skills.

But he lost Wimby fair and square last year...no injury problems. And that is really when his ranking became in trouble.

kanamit
06-19-2009, 07:37 AM
Yesterday I was watching an old Rafa special on youtube, where Federer said something about Rafa deserving the number one spot totally because he had hoped that whoever took the number one from him not because he was injured but because he was playing and keeping up with him...something along those lines. And now ....Rafa is in danger of losing the number one ranking due to injury.....:cry:

Well, let it be then.:(
http://i39.tinypic.com/eao9c0.jpg

For now................................

Um, no. His ranking is in trouble because he was smoked in the FO by an on fire Soderling. Stop making excuses, please. It's pathetic.

saeta119
06-19-2009, 07:39 AM
It's such a shame that when one is healthy the other one is not.

They really do give you a nice show when they play each other *clap*

Aabye
06-19-2009, 07:40 AM
Um, no. His ranking is in trouble because he was smoked in the FO by an on fire Soderling. Stop making excuses, please. It's pathetic.

They aren't excuses if they are the truth. Truth: Nadal was hampered by severe knee problems in his match with Soderling (just as Federer was hampered by mono at the AO last year)

kanamit
06-19-2009, 07:43 AM
They aren't excuses if they are the truth. Truth: Nadal was hampered by severe knee problems in his match with Soderling (just as Federer was hampered by mono at the AO last year)

Yeah, that's why when the match was over he kept talking about his movement being hampered by his knee... Oh, wait, not even Nadal has said these things. You're making excuses not even Nadal is making.

First, Nadal fans were saying he lost because of a grand conspiracy in which the French substitute lighter balls for heavier ones, and fast clay for slow clay. Oddly hampered movement was never mentioned. Now all of a sudden we can't stop hearing about how terrible Nadal's knees and movement were in the Soderling match (but of course, not in the Hewitt match in the previous round). If Nadal claimed to have a headache tomorrow, you guys would say that Nadal lost the FO because of a pounding migraine. There's no end to the lengths you'll go to in order to prevent having to admit that your favorite player is occasionally OUTCLASSED on the court by somebody who is PLAYING BETTER.

woodrow1029
06-19-2009, 07:46 AM
http://www.zagura.ro/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/god-kills-kitten-troll.jpg

nfor304
06-19-2009, 07:51 AM
How is that ironic?

Sentinel
06-19-2009, 08:41 AM
I firmly believed Fed had illness issues. Im a Rafa fan, but I just knew something was wrong with Fed by his on court conditioning. At times he looked lethargic and run down. I am not a Dr. so I would not be able to judge when a player claims they have an illness/injury or not.
I am glad u admit this unlike a lot of others.

Either we accept what Rafa and Fed and Djokovic etc say (as i typically do).

At the same time, OP's last line is also true, let it be then. that's how it is..... Rafa will have every opp to get back his #1 (if that's what matters to him) ... Federer is getting older, Djoko is not showing the promise he was supposed to, we are still waiting for ANdy to prove himself....

Rafa can certainly win more slams if he can keep the workload low.